[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Funny that that's the first thing I did with this mod. Thanks for making all my military ships look really badass.

I wonder what the first thing I'll do with these parts is when the update gets released... XD :P

Probably create a "Peace Envoy" of "pacifist transporters".

Also, some missile views. This is the long range tomahawk cruise missile prototype with a reinforced warhead. Will update with jet engine if it is added to the stock game. The missile views are from the TERCOM navigation system.

Nose-mounted seeker/TERCOM SAR radar sensor view.

OfeS9EA.png

Missile in flight cruises at mach 2.

Ub4ONpC.jpg

You better get some smaller stack able jet engines in the pack, or at least nudge squad to quickly implement them. We need more democracy and freedom.

Edited by andrew123

Congratulations Porkwork

Sir, you very much deserve it. So happy about this news, that I renamed my latest project. It´s now called the "Porkules". ;)

http://i.imgur.com/T5h0I4x.png

Can´t believe she´ll be stock soon :D

If I may, I´d like to ask 2 questions:

1. Will those parts you showcased lately be included? I´ve been a bit premature ´bout them, and there are two designs in my hangar waiting on them already. :blush:

2. About one month ago, we had a (very) little conversation about the abillity to toggle heatshields on and off on the wingparts. Did you manage to sell that idea to squad, too?

Somewhere inside me, there is still that 8 year old boy with spaceshuttle-bedclothes, who wants the belly of a spaceplane to be black. :cool:

Edit: http://www./view/6w5r5rorufzsbc9/PORKULES.craft

Hey, nice clipping job!! :o

1. Don't know. If not, they'll be released as mod, but that might take a while.

2. I tried to sell that idea and they liked it, but it was decided that heatshields should be scrapped for now until actual reentry damage is implemented.

Oh, and how do you get this view??

http://i.imgur.com/S1nJQwjh.jpg

You have to double click in the farthest visible corner you can see, just like you can doubble click windows to move the camera closer to them.

miguel (maxmaps):
Oh, i also wrapped up a deal with porkjet to add a modified version of spaceplane plus to the base game. This mod not only fits the aesthetic of the game perfectly but tackles parts that needed to be remade and did so in the best way possible
while we generally focus on our own implementation of features and prefer to do things in-house (benefits are large, for starters having full control over code/asset quality), spaceplane plus is so close to precisely what we wanted that you’ll practically see the whole mod ingame after a couple minor adjustments. Shoutout to porkjet who has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

congratulation !!!!

oh, i also wrapped up a deal with porkjet to add a modified version of spaceplane plus to the base game. This mod not only fits the aesthetic of the game perfectly but tackles parts that needed to be remade and did so in the best way possible.

while we generally focus on our own implementation of features and prefer to do things in-house (benefits are large, for starters having full control over code/asset quality), spaceplane plus is so close to precisely what we wanted that you’ll practically see the whole mod ingame after a couple minor adjustments. Shoutout to porkjet who has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

congratulation !!!!

Congrats Porkjet! Can't wait to see your parts in stock game! Any plans on making some new gear bays or reworking the old one? Or air brakes?

Edited by Veeltch

Hey, nice clipping job!! :o

Thank you :blush:

1. Don't know. If not, they'll be released as mod, but that might take a while.

2. I tried to sell that idea and they liked it, but it was decided that heatshields should be scrapped for now until actual reentry damage is implemented.

Hmmmmmm:(... ok, I can wait (sits down on the floor):)

Nice, that they are still considering reentry hazards to get part of the game.

Thank you even more for answering this so quickly.

Is there some specific way to attach something to the in-line wall of the cargo bay? (That is, attached with the same central axis as the cargo bay itself.) Specifically, I'm trying to put a docking port there, for transportation of payloads, because the only other option I can see is to use decouplers. However, when I try to use docking ports, they clip each other, instead of being docked.

Is there some specific way to attach something to the in-line wall of the cargo bay? (That is, attached with the same central axis as the cargo bay itself.) Specifically, I'm trying to put a docking port there, for transportation of payloads, because the only other option I can see is to use decouplers. However, when I try to use docking ports, they clip each other, instead of being docked.

If you have Editor Extensions, turn off radial attachment with Alt-R. Alternately, mount the port to a battery the same size and attach that.

Once attached properly, save the bay+port as a subassembly to reduce future frustration.

Strange, when I loaded up the game it told me "ModuleManager: 0 patches applied, 103 hidden items."

Then in the actual game it has a little window that shows me a little window, not sure if that's a bug or a feature...

There was another thing that happened where all my engines and wings (the parts that were going to be modified I'm guessing) got duplicated, but when I reloaded the game to screengrab it, that bug had gone away. The first two are still present though. Here are the screengrabs I did catch. I installed the latest Firespitter and Module Manager DLLs and I'm running KSP v0.24.2.

http://i.imgur.com/S3UUNkH.png

http://i.imgur.com/QHLZNto.png

The note about "hidden items" means that ModuleManager is performing compatibilty work – for example, FAR and RealChute rely on that feature.

That little window in the Space Center view is mostly for part config or MM config developers, so the most recent version of MM (2.2.3) hides it by default.

The note about "hidden items" means that ModuleManager is performing compatibilty work – for example, FAR and RealChute rely on that feature.

That little window in the Space Center view is mostly for part config or MM config developers, so the most recent version of MM (2.2.3) hides it by default.

"Hidden items" are preconditions which are not met. For example, a mod may be configured to have heatshields if Deadly Reentry is installed. The MM config will show "NEEDS" Deadly Reentry. If DRE isn't installed on that KSP instance, then the lines referencing it will be hidden from Module Manager.

I'm getting the "crashed into launch pad" bug[snip]

I also had this happen, "the launch pad" ate the delta wing bits off of one of my wings while I was in map mode trying to figure out an orbit correction, I only noticed because my plane was tumbling all over the place while trying to turn it with RCS and I exited map mode to see why, only to find half a wing (and its rcs port) missing.

Just like Silpion, I did use time warp before/after vessel-switching, so that might have something to do with it.

Only other mods are KER and Alarm Clock.

Other than that, its an excellent parts pack, and I've built some great spaceplanes with it so far. :)

If you have Editor Extensions, turn off radial attachment with Alt-R. Alternately, mount the port to a battery the same size and attach that.

Once attached properly, save the bay+port as a subassembly to reduce future frustration.

What I do is instead of setting the things inside the cargo bay, I set them on a flat surface somewhere else and then you can use the snap green dots and stuff works okay, then pull it off the flat surface and put the whole thing into the cargo bay.

The trick is to put the docking port on a flat surface somewhere where you can angle the camera and look at the docking port side on, then when you take the other docking port, it will 'click' in and lock normally.

Alternatively, you don't need 2 docking ports, you can 'dock' any part on top of one and then it will undock normally during your mission.

Also, saving cargo assemblies as a subassembly is a very good way to reduce anger inducing stress. Especially if you make them in the VAB instead of the SPH.