[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

I was wondering if Porkjet could answer some questions about the new released Mk2 cockpit. Is the ablative back bottom gone for good? Or is there any chance of it being toggle-able? Or in a mod?

Don't know if you have the liberty to answer or if you even see this, but I and a lot of others really would like to know what the verdict of the coating is. Later!

The black is gone for good. If reentry damage is brought to stock, and they really want black undersides, a better way has to be found than putting them on fixed locations under the parts. Some kind of dynamic heatshield 'painting' option or so would be cool. Also the black tiles on Space shuttle aren't ablative, they're reusable like the white tiles but made for higher temperatures and happen to have a black coating.

Does a high temperature heat tile really necessarily have to be black?

What if kerbals invented slightly different heat tiles that are white and still very effective? Or a whole different approach at reentry protection such as active cooling.

What has been said on these additions?

1. Range of landing gear sizes (from small to large).

2. Large and small wings and large already shaped wings.

3. Space plane decoupler.

4. Range of engine sizes.

5. Saceplane RCS.

6. Air breaks.

1. confirmed

2. ??? no such plans yet

3. confirmed

4. Mk2 engines confirmed!

5. confirmed

6. confirmed

:)

edit: just to make this clear, this means as a mod^ that is if squad don't plan to add any of these parts to stock which I have no info about

Edited by Porkjet

The black is gone for good. If reentry damage is brought to stock, and they really want black undersides, a better way has to be found than putting them on fixed locations under the parts. Some kind of dynamic heatshield 'painting' option or so would be cool. Also the black tiles on Space shuttle aren't ablative, they're reusable like the white tiles but made for higher temperatures and happen to have a black coating.

What if kerbals invented slightly different heat tiles that are white and still very effective? Or a whole different approach at reentry protection such as active cooling.

1. confirmed

2. ??? no such plans yet

3. confirmed

5. confirmed

6. confirmed

edit: just to make this clear, this means as a mod^ that is if squad don't plan to add any of these parts to stock which I have no info about

What about this though:

tumblr_inline_nadgl16XYm1rr2wit.jpg

UX6tVeM.png?1

uBDZY3Z.jpg

The under sides don't match now.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm actually glad the black undersides are gone, but not because they didn't look great. Now an inverted "bomb" bay to carry and drop a rover or other payload after landing won't look mismatched.

Now if the nodes are matched so that your able to flip it over without it looking bad with a huge gap in it would be perfect. that and A few of the bombs from a few of the "weapon" mods that are out there would be super!

I've run into a little problem, neither of the cargo bays work, or are even interactable. I culled all of my mods down to the newest versions of SP+, FAR, and Firespitter and still no go on the cargo bays opening/closing, which IIRC is pretty big regarding trying to make functional aircraft with FAR installed. I am wholly at a loss as to what the cause is, and I've been working upwards of an hour on it.

On an unrelated note, great mod, great to see it added to stock. Fits quite well and as a spaceplane junkie I quite love it.

I'm having this very same problem. I've verified that firespitter and SP+ are in their proper folders multiple times. I've also tried various versions of firespitter. For what it's worth, the cargo bay-style docking port works just fine. It's just the large and small cargo bays that offer no interaction.

I'm actually glad the black undersides are gone, but not because they didn't look great. Now an inverted "bomb" bay to carry and drop a rover or other payload after landing won't look mismatched.

That is true and extremely use full. I still wish the Mk2 parts matched the Mk3 and Mk1 pods. Maybe the adapter will have a transitioning bottom?

Oh and Porkjet awesome progress parts. I look forward to using them. Especially the flat-end tail piece.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

The underside thing was decided quite recently, and I have to confess that I' may be somewhat responsible for it :rolleyes:

And I'm not sure if hugo ever got around to finish these parts, so keep your bicouplers on about em, those pics are probably still very WIP :)

1. confirmed

2. ??? no such plans yet

3. confirmed

5. confirmed

6. confirmed

there are 5 confirmations, there are 2 main sequance half life games(dummy explanation:meaning excluded episodes)... 5-2= 3 HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED ITS CONFIRMED GUYS! AND PORKJET IS IN IT!!

there are 5 confirmations, there are 2 main sequance half life games(dummy explanation:meaning excluded episodes)... 5-2= 3 HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED ITS CONFIRMED GUYS! AND PORKJET IS IN IT!!

God damn! I spilled too much and now they guessed it. Gabens gonna force me to work it off in the acid mines.

Where are the picture of the new Mk1 Cockpit and what appears to be the new Mk3 cockpit from?

Do you mean where I got those pictures from? Or something else? Here's the Mk1 source and the Mk3 source. They don't have matching bottoms ;~;. I've been ranting on this for a while now though so I'll leave it up to someone else.

Perhaps you Porkjet could make a toggle black bottom edition to your WIP?

Do you mean where I got those pictures from? Or something else? Here's the Mk1 source and the Mk3 source. They don't have matching bottoms ;~;. I've been ranting on this for a while now though so I'll leave it up to someone else.

Perhaps you Porkjet could make a toggle black bottom edition to your WIP?

Why limit it to the bottom? Toggle black everything; instant stealth bomber.

Gah. Hurry up and make Kerbpaint stock already, Squad.

1. confirmed

2. ??? no such plans yet

3. confirmed

5. confirmed

6. confirmed

Thank you for the reply.

Number 2 was large wings, different shaped wing parts and small wing parts.

What I'd like to see in the wing department while I was thinking aboot it. Is some of the following;

*Large Delta wing shape that is like the Space shuttles wing, Or some delta wing fighters.

*Longer, wider straight wing kinda like the current stock swept wing. think of two of them front to back and 3 long, with smaller one for the tail/end of the craft.