[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Hey

I REALLY LOOOOVE this mod :) It gives the part which are missing in stock... But could you do a "bomb bay" ? Like this I could drop some Probodobodynes at anomalies after landint there :) This would be awesome!

Hey

I REALLY LOOOOVE this mod :) It gives the part which are missing in stock... But could you do a "bomb bay" ? Like this I could drop some Probodobodynes at anomalies after landint there :) This would be awesome!

upsidedown cargo bay

good luck ;)

upsidedown cargo bay

good luck ;)

I don't think that would work, as for some reason Porkjet has made the fuselage parts have lift (even without FAR) and placing teh cargo bay upside down would make upside down lift unless using FAR.

I don't think that would work, as for some reason Porkjet has made the fuselage parts have lift (even without FAR) and placing teh cargo bay upside down would make upside down lift unless using FAR.

It's a lifting body. Also, with DRE, it has a directional heat shield. Which means badness occurs if you tried something like that. But that would be... kind of interesting. I could see uses for something like that. (Suborbital flight, eject something out of the bottom that boosts into a higher orbit as you nose-vertical for the braking re-entry.)

The example crafts in B9 are strutted, and I think the back end isn't supporting the engine weight because it looks like the last delta wing section isn't connected to anything. It seems to me that the error is occurring between the keyboard and the chair.

Edit: Oh, and your landing gear set up pushes the nose up. You have the gear on the wings in the rear, and on the body in the front. Download the KAX mod and it will give some beefier gear for the rear half of the plane.

Edit 2: also, it would be better to construct the wings on the frame rather than prebuilding them. That may also be why it only has one pivot point. Rather than having multiple child parts, subassemblies of radial parts will only connect on the parent part of the subassembly.

Edit 3: Oh, and I almost forgot to add for clarity's sake; none of my wings have any struts. During my launches my boosters have a tendency to bounce off of the wings. Thanks to Squads fix on joint strength, I have yet to lose a flight due to wing integrity. I have tested all of my planes with FAR, so I know they are well built. Revise your wings and be a little more open to constructive criticism.

It was a work in progress, but I will look at KAX I was wanting some more gear options anyway. The main issue was the tail falling, I would have resolved the other issues over time. As for building everything onto the fuselage, the problem that occurs with that (on any system, including B9) is that with FAR you frequently need to tweak wing position to get it just right. This would be more than just annoying if you have move every section of a large wing. If it came to that, I'd delete this (or at least the wings, I like the fuselage a lot) and use procedural wings, despite that I prefer the modular, because I don't think I can handle that kind of headache.

I don't think I was closed to criticism by any means but the immediate response to my concern/bug report was "well everybody else can do it so it's your problem", which is not criticism, its completely unhelpful. For now I'm just going to keep using the B9 wings, but I see a lot of potential in this one so I'm hoping for improvements.

Edited by Alshain

It was a work in progress, but I will look at KAX I was wanting some more gear options anyway. The main issue was the tail falling, I would have resolved the other issues over time. As for building everything onto the fuselage, the problem that occurs with that (on any system, including B9) is that with FAR you frequently need to tweak wing position to get it just right. This would be more than just annoying if you have move every section of a large wing. If it came to that, I'd delete this (or at least the wings, I like the fuselage a lot) and use procedural wings, despite that I prefer the modular, because I don't think I can handle that kind of headache.

I don't think I was closed to criticism by any means but the immediate response to my concern/bug report was "well everybody else can do it so it's your problem", which is not criticism, its completely unhelpful. For now I'm just going to keep using the B9 wings, but I see a lot of potential in this one so I'm hoping for improvements.

I can assure you that the problem is boiling down to your design. I downloaded FAR and DRE specifically to test my shuttles and atmospheric planes to see if they were aeronautically/astronautically viable. Even without struts, assembling the wings on the airframe, launching vertically, and landing after reentry, all of my planes I've built so far have had zero damage due to design flaw, parts being misconfigured or any other errors on Porkjets part. And to top all of this off, I literally built my first ever plane with these parts. If anyone were ever to have problems, it would be me.

So, I'll say it again: the problem you are having is occurring between the keyboard and chair. Double check your design and just try to build your wings on the airframe.

Hello gys, came up with something else, a simple designed SSTO, still prototype, weights a bit heavy even for its enormous lifting at start but nessecary , after a while of fuel waste it gets really easy to handle, enough fuel to land from orbit and achive orbit again, even more in lower gravity planets ( unless you have planet mods i am talking about laythe) with the exception of the labs boost,capable of doing all the sciences and transmitting them back home

with the empty atachment point added to the back of the craft it can be carried on top of a rocket to laythe or used on kerbin it self, as said still a prototype, if i add more wings wing surfaces wubble, during launch, back landing gears are pushed a bit to the ground becouse of the heavy weight (the weight is most likely becouse of the enormous science,extra ion turbines,extra rcs tanks, not diretcly fuel, i have distributed it carefully) but again a few minutes of flight gets back into shape. After several updates it will be ready for permanent laythe occipation,i really like the design ( even though b9 actualy stole it from ME :D ) with 4 large airbreakers capable of droping speed rapidly even with tiny bit crunch of atmosphere, which is good if you overshoot your orbital decent,even capable of entering FULL-STALL (hawx players will get it).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

PS: Thank you Hodo,

Edited by TheReaper

Well, I was building a station and I had planned to send it up with a drone and send crew up after I got the life support systems in place... but you know how the Kerbals are, they jump in the cockpit when your not looking, so I sent the Sparrow to keep them alive.

screenshot30.pngscreenshot31.png

Edited by Alshain

Hello gys, came up with something else, a simple designed SSTO, still prototype, weights a bit heavy even for its enormous lifting at start but nessecary , after a while of fuel waste it gets really easy to handle, enough fuel to land from orbit and achive orbit again, even more in lower gravity planets ( unless you have planet mods i am talking about laythe) with the exception of the labs boost,capable of doing all the sciences and transmitting them back home

with the empty atachment point added to the back of the craft it can be carried on top of a rocket to laythe or used on kerbin it self, as said still a prototype, if i add more wings wing surfaces wubble, during launch, back landing gears are pushed a bit to the ground becouse of the heavy weight (the weight is most likely becouse of the enormous science,extra ion turbines,extra rcs tanks, not diretcly fuel, i have distributed it carefully) but again a few minutes of flight gets back into shape. After several updates it will be ready for permanent laythe occipation,i really like the design ( even though b9 actualy stole it from ME :D ) with 4 large airbreakers capable of droping speed rapidly even with tiny bit crunch of atmosphere, which is good if you overshoot your orbital decent,even capable of entering FULL-STALL (hawx players will get it).

http://imgur.com/a/wMP0r

PS: Thank you Hodo,

Ok, why does your Kerbol have rays coming off of it and mine does not???

Ok, why does your Kerbol have rays coming off of it and mine does not???

Better atmosphere v5 solar flare installment

That's because he has changed the sharedassets10 file in KSP_Data. It's a pretty complicated hack, but worth it. The texture itself is from Better Atmospheres and is just glorious.

edit: since when texture editting is considered "hack"

Edited by TheReaper

edit: since when texture editting is considered "hack"

I didn't mean it as the general use of 'hack', more the 'to accomplish a difficult programming task' or 'an interesting technical achievement, particularly in computer programming' meaning of hack. That, and the file isn't supposed to be edited or even made visible..

Oh, we're adding albums of our creations with SP+? Can do :D

I've always liked the Mk2 cross-section, but it just didn't have enough parts (particularly such mice parts) for me to bother with it too much. Now I have a heavy launcher space program and a light spaceplane program. Thanks Porkjet!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've always liked the types of names the Royal Navy had for its ships, and vessels so far are named based on real ships (Encounter and Amethyst are both Amethyst Class ships in my program and Champion is the sole Comus Class so far). I don't really role play in KSP that much, but these parts demand it.

Edited by kujuman

This plane is based on Roboo's skylon-inspired spaceplane. It uses my new Mk2 electric generator that I finished today. I haven't figured out how to add a normal map yet (I have the bump map ready), and I don't know how to make glowing lights, but it's a start. :)

screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

Porkjet, dude, you are totally awesome, and this mod is my favorite parts pack right now, hands down! :D I need to build space stations and interplanetary exploration vessels, but all I can seem to focus on is building spaceplanes with YOUR parts! I mean, I have an excellent passenger spaceplane built that's gone through maybe a dozen atmospheric and orbital flights, and I don't even have anything or anywhere to take passengers to, I just love flying the thing!

But, that being said, would you please for the love of KOD put the version number of the mod in the TITLE of the archive?!? It's not that hard, is it? Changing "SpaceplanePlus" to "SpaceplanePlus1.1", or "SpaceplanePlus1.2", etc.?

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? :rolleyes: