[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

im having a hard time installing the game. when i get the gamedata installed and run the game i will only get the cockpits, the air intakes, and then 2 or 3 in the utilities. The rest of the parts, such as the wings or fuel takes i dont have. I dont know what im doing wrong, but i generally dont install mods so its a little knew to me. does any know what im doing wrong or what i need?
ok i got the module manager but i couldn't find any version later than 2.1.5, and so far it continues to not work. But beisides MM and SP+ i dont have any other mods.

Ok that's really strange, my only other guess would be that you might not have installed it correctly. It goes into GameData, right, so right next to the Squad and NASAmission folders there would be a SpaceplanePlus and a Firespitter Folder. Also make sure all the folders and files in SP+ are complete. Maybe just delete everything, redownload and reinstall. I don't really know what would cause only part of the mod to be installed but that's all i can think of from here. It's really just shoving the files into the GameData folder, nothing that could go wrong.

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Wrenpheonix/slideshow/Space%20Jumper1?sort=3

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Wrenpheonix/Space%20Jumper1/screenshot50_zps8d564530.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Wrenpheonix/Space%20Jumper1/screenshot52_zps06666d7e.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Wrenpheonix/Space%20Jumper1/screenshot88_zps057077f0.png

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Wrenpheonix/Space%20Jumper1/screenshot59_zpsa964bf88.png

I decided to make something that could more reliably take up my nuclear reactor and 1500 units of xenon, and some cargo, so designed this.

While working on this and flying it, I ran into where the docking port alignment indicators aren't working great, it seems to not center over the port, so I have to eyeball it.

That's being fixed. NavyFish posted today that he'll update soon.

I also had the issue with the fancier wings and cargo bays etc being missing. This was because I put the "SpaceplanePlus v1.2" folder from the .zip straight into GameData, when the folder actually contained a couple of folders that should go into different places. Somehow the game was still able to find a bunch of the parts even when installed wrong, which only made me more confused. It might be better to get rid of the first folder inside the .zip-file, since it serves no real purpose and will just confuse people.

I'm really loving this mod myself, but have an odd problem. All the other parts work like a charm, but none of the wing parts seem to be generating any lift. They fit together perfectly and look pretty, but the stats in the spaceplane hangar are completely missing the drag/lift section and they don't work in flight either. Is this a well know issue caused by something, or did I manage to screw up in an entirely new way?

I also had the issue with the fancier wings and cargo bays etc being missing. This was because I put the "SpaceplanePlus v1.2" folder from the .zip straight into GameData, when the folder actually contained a couple of folders that should go into different places. Somehow the game was still able to find a bunch of the parts even when installed wrong, which only made me more confused. It might be better to get rid of the first folder inside the .zip-file, since it serves no real purpose and will just confuse people.

I'm really loving this mod myself, but have an odd problem. All the other parts work like a charm, but none of the wing parts seem to be generating any lift. They fit together perfectly and look pretty, but the stats in the spaceplane hangar are completely missing the drag/lift section and they don't work in flight either. Is this a well know issue caused by something, or did I manage to screw up in an entirely new way?

sigh, was this question not asked enough? if you dont have FAR delete FAR cfg file so stock game will identfy them and they will generate lift

Works perfectly now, thanks!

If it's a common problem, then maybe include something about it in the readme? I'm not exactly super smart, but I've played this game a lot and removing .cfg files manually never even occured to me when trying to find a solution by myself.

If it's a common problem, then maybe include something about it in the readme? I'm not exactly super smart, but I've played this game a lot and removing .cfg files manually never even occured to me when trying to find a solution by myself.

its a common problem, i had it too when i first installed it

Shouldn't have to, Module Manager allows you to check if an addon like FAR is installed. It needs to be altered so the FAR configs only occur when FAR exists and then no readme is needed.

EDIT: it looks like it was attempted in the files, it's odd that it's not working. He isn't including ModuleManager in the package so make sure your running the latest version and then you should have to delete anything.

Edited by Alshain

Never used Module Manager, so I guess that's why there was a problem.

Oh and umm I seem to have trouble with my mk2 planes veering off the runway. This happens no matter how evenly I balance the weight, so it must be because the landing gear isn't going on straight enough. I've tried both three and four wheels with different angles, but the result is always the same. Anyone smarter than me figure a solution?

Oh and umm I seem to have trouble with my mk2 planes veering off the runway. This happens no matter how evenly I balance the weight, so it must be because the landing gear isn't going on straight enough. I've tried both three and four wheels with different angles, but the result is always the same. Anyone smarter than me figure a solution?

Do you have a picture?

Here is a picture of the underside of one of my fighters using Mk2 parts. You can see its gear layout, and it runs straight as an arrow on the ground.

SaA4lUh.jpg

The no lift thing happens if the user doesn't have FAR, but an older version of module manager is present. Either updating MM, getting rid of MM, or deleting the FAR cfg fixes it. I'll add a note on this to the readme.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. Kinda curious that some parts work that way and others don't.

Does anyone have an ATM config file for SP+? All my parts are black.

FYI< I have tried to use the thread search, and can't get the dang thing to show me anything useful, in this thread or ATM. :(

EDIT: Found Green Skull's ATM configs, trying that.

Edited by Pondafarr

Great job Porkjet, but did you intended to make wings in SP+ so fragile ? With SAS on and some hard 6-7 G-s turns even with FAR structural failures disabled wigs just falling off and sometimes i got command part separated.

Not sure whether to blame conflictions or not but in both of my KSP games (using different mods) the game will lag out to the point of freezing up whenever I clip SP+ wings together, or atleast it seems that's what causes it. Anyone else seen this before?

EDIT: Not sure if the wings caused it but while in the middle of building KSP started throwing out the error "The requested operation caused a stack overflow" and after spamming that for a few seconds KSP locked up and I had to alt-F4 it.

I am using active texture management and I am not getting any out of memory crashed so I don't think that is the issue.

Edited by SGT_RIZZO300
Whats grammer?

The problem mentioned earlier of only the cockpits showing up is real. I encountered it in a test build two days ago. I ended up fixing it but I can't remember what I did.

I think not having Mod Manager (or an old version) was stated as the problem. It might be prudent to throw it into the install zip just to stop the same convo from happening again and again. Also have "REMOVE FAR CFG IF YOUR NOT USING FAR" in bold red on main page.

Check your gear in the front. I was having this problem and it turned out the front gear wasn't straight up and down. All I did was move the gear off the mk2 cockpit and now the plane doesn't veer off the runway.

I think not having Mod Manager (or an old version) was stated as the problem. It might be prudent to throw it into the install zip just to stop the same convo from happening again and again. Also have "REMOVE FAR CFG IF YOUR NOT USING FAR" in bold red on main page.

I think you're right. I always had MM, but I think I was using the an old version.

Help! I am not getting all the parts!

I'm not getting all of the parts. Only 2 cockpits, and a fuselauge, and the crew quarters, as well as the clampatron. That is all I am getting. Help!!!!!

If you read back you can see that it is either not having latest version of mod manager or if you have not put the folders in the correct place that is causing this.