[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Thanks for the friendly comments guys!

I forgot to mention, there is a FAR config for Module Manager included in the download. Also added license.

AHH that just goes in gamedata right?

Nice to see that this has been finally released, but when are we going to se some IVAs?

Jeez, talk about rude. :huh:

PJ, good to see this released. Your epic work deserves more attention that it currently gets. Also, is the included Probe Core just a small MK2 segment?

AHH that just goes in gamedata right?

Yes. anywhere in GameData, its initially included in the SpaceplanePlus folder, so you can just leave it there.

Jeez, talk about rude. :huh:

PJ, good to see this released. Your epic work deserves more attention that it currently gets. Also, is the included Probe Core just a small MK2 segment?

Yes, it's an mk2 shaped probe core with reaction wheels. I will gradually add pictures of all the new parts and replace the old renders and screenshots.

Superb! Been waiting on something like this for ages since B9 stopped being updated.

Unfortunately I can't access dropbox (banned by the internet here) so will be a few days until I'm elsewhere and can try it out.

I forgot to mention, there is a FAR config for Module Manager included in the download. Also added license.

I only just figured out that FAR.cfg breaks all lift if you don't use FAR.

I spent last 15 mins trying to figure out why my planes stopped to fly, then deleted FAR.cfg - and it was fixed. You probably want to put it in the readme.

I only just figured out that FAR.cfg breaks all lift if you don't use FAR.

I spent last 15 mins trying to figure out why my planes stopped to fly, then deleted FAR.cfg - and it was fixed. You probably want to put it in the readme.

Oh ok, so you have Module Manager but not FAR? I didnt take that into consideration when that would happen. You're right, I should put it seperately and explain it in a readme.

Nice work, would there be any chance of making engines like Concordes?

Hmm... They look cool, but afterall would be pretty much like the KSP turbojets, performance wise. If I was to add an airbreathing-only engine, it would probably be the Reaction Engines Scimitar.

But would've been even better if we had 0.625+1.25+0.625 adapter... Please Porkjet, its a part which would fit in the MK2 form factor perfectly :)

Great part. How about a hollow nosecone to hide a docking port behind like the KSO.

Great ideas! Considering it.

Oh ok, so you have Module Manager but not FAR? I didnt take that into consideration when that would happen. You're right, I should put it seperately and explain it in a readme.

Actually, as long as they have MM2.0 or higher, you can modify it like so:

@PART[whatever]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
// stuff
}

This will cause the parts to load FAR configs ONLY if FerramAerospaceResearch.dll is installed.

Actually, as long as they have MM2.0 or higher, you can modify it like so:

@PART[whatever]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
// stuff
}

This will cause the parts to load FAR configs ONLY if FerramAerospaceResearch.dll is installed.

Ohh! That is cool! Thanks for the tip.

Porkjet sorry I wasn't as clear as I could be. What I was meaning is a Concorde like intake and engine part that mimics a Rapier / Sabre engine unit. It would look real good with your craft parts.

Superb! Been waiting on something like this for ages since B9 stopped being updated.

Unfortunately I can't access dropbox (banned by the internet here) so will be a few days until I'm elsewhere and can try it out.

B9 hasn't "stopped being updated". There's an update in the works in fact.

I built my first non-stupid looking plane with this and can really see me using it for a spaceplane once I unlock RAPIERs or something other than the basic jets. But yeah, made a plane with a small cargo bay and I landed it as well! First time I've actually enjoyed flying a plane in KSP.. thank you!

Porkjet sorry I wasn't as clear as I could be. What I was meaning is a Concorde like intake and engine part that mimics a Rapier / Sabre engine unit. It would look real good with your craft parts.

I will second this to the point of getting the following (hopefuly).

We could use:

intakes which mount radially and have a stack node behind them like B9 intakes, for mounting engines underwing.

A dual version of that for Concord style!

A bigger, flatter, more high performance radial intake (current one was a bit underwhelming for performance).

Feels a lot like a B9 competitor. In the current release, this doesn't seem to offer much B9 doesn't other than Mk2 cargo bays and inline docking ports; can I recommend trying to find some sort of really convenient niche for spaceplanes that B9 doesn't fill and working on that?

Just a random suggestion from a random forum user; it's obviously your mod and you can therefore do whatever on Earth you want to with it.

FYI, you could easily make use of Modular Fuel Tanks or Real Fuels to let your current tanks store Electric Charge or Monopropellant.

Edited by Whovian