[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Any idea why this won't work play nicely with the B9 pre-release? I'm going to mention it on that page as well, but these two mods have so much potental together it would really suck if they cant in the same game. :(

I'm using the 32bit client

The way the game stops is weird too, instead of the usual box that appears after a crash this just stop and returns me to the desktop, with no warning.(like freezing etc)

I've re-downloaded each mod and unpacked the 32 bit client multiple times and made sure that it is repeatable.

If I unpack and install everything at the same time prior to starting the game I can get roughly 5 to 10 minutes of game time before it just quits.

If I take a game thats been previously started with either mod and install the second then it usually does not get past the initial splash/loading screen before it quits, (i've gotten to KSC main screen once or twice)

I also installed Sp+and loaded up the game to the KSC main screen and then minimized it, put the B9 stuff in (minus the depreciated folder and keeping the firespitter folder (same DLL) ) and used the debug menu to reload assets and as soon as it seemed like it was done it quits as well. I've also done this with B9 the first and Sp+ being the loaded in second)

I'm not smart enough to figure out what is doing what but I tried to be as thorough as i can with my testing to find the problem.

Edited by Grease1991

Any idea why this work play nicely with the B9 pre-release? I'm going to mention it on that page as well, but these two mods have so much potental together it would really suck if they cant in the same game. :(

If you're referring to the Mk2 parts not stacking correctly with B9 - that's a good question which I'd like to know as well (though technically it should be asked of bac9, a long time ago). When I brought up the same point, I was just told by someone that this is "easily fixed by tweaking the node configs". I have still been unable to do so. The node adjustments don't show up unless they're large. I might be doing something wrong. Also, the aerodynamics in FAR are kind of off, since the parts in this mod have separate winglet values (granted, it's a very easy fix). So, as a result of the stacking problems, I've sort of stopped using parts from this mod, and gone back to using my old place-anywhere crew compartments made with using tweaked LLL parts.

If you're referring to the Mk2 parts not stacking correctly with B9 - that's a good question which I'd like to know as well (though technically it should be asked of bac9, a long time ago). When I brought up the same point, I was just told by someone that this is "easily fixed by tweaking the node configs". I have still been unable to do so. The node adjustments don't show up unless they're large. I might be doing something wrong. Also, the aerodynamics in FAR are kind of off, since the parts in this mod have separate winglet values (granted, it's a very easy fix). So, as a result of the stacking problems, I've sort of stopped using parts from this mod, and gone back to using my old place-anywhere crew compartments made with using tweaked LLL parts.

I haven't had the node issue personally but maybe i wasnt using those parts but i edited my original post to describe what is happening.

If you're referring to the Mk2 parts not stacking correctly with B9 - that's a good question which I'd like to know as well (though technically it should be asked of bac9, a long time ago). When I brought up the same point, I was just told by someone that this is "easily fixed by tweaking the node configs". I have still been unable to do so.

The nodes are fixed in the B9 5 prerelease.

I've run into a little problem, neither of the cargo bays work, or are even interactable. I culled all of my mods down to the newest versions of SP+, FAR, and Firespitter and still no go on the cargo bays opening/closing, which IIRC is pretty big regarding trying to make functional aircraft with FAR installed. I am wholly at a loss as to what the cause is, and I've been working upwards of an hour on it.

On an unrelated note, great mod, great to see it added to stock. Fits quite well and as a spaceplane junkie I quite love it.

I've run into a little problem, neither of the cargo bays work, or are even interactable. I culled all of my mods down to the newest versions of SP+, FAR, and Firespitter and still no go on the cargo bays opening/closing, which IIRC is pretty big regarding trying to make functional aircraft with FAR installed. I am wholly at a loss as to what the cause is, and I've been working upwards of an hour on it.

On an unrelated note, great mod, great to see it added to stock. Fits quite well and as a spaceplane junkie I quite love it.

Sounds like a problem with Firespitter. Is it in the right place? Gamedata/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll

Is ModuleManager installed? Maybe it's doing something to the configs, it normally lives in the root of Gamedata. (Grasping at straws here)

Tried that, with module manager both present and removed; from what I can tell it looks like FAR needs ModuleManager to run anyway; either way I get no context options to close the cargo bay doors or anything. On a related note, I get readouts from FAR on the parts (something like partShielded = 0 and that kinda stuff, don't recall what it says verbatim at the moment), so I'm not really sure what is going on. It's quite a conundrum.

That's frustrating. Maybe we could find something in your log.

Right-click on a cargo bay, then quit KSP and find your output log:

• Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

That's frustrating. Maybe we could find something in your log.

Right-click on a cargo bay, then quit KSP and find your output log:

• Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

'Aight, found the output log. Shall I just copy-paste it or do something else?

I've posted my story elsewhere but I came here to say: I now love spaceplanes.

When I first tried to build planes, I was like...

l93g1cv.gif

But after Spaceplane Plus, I can put spaceplanes into space!

screenshot202_zpsd408ae3f.png

Thank you, Spaceplane Plus!

Anyone else noticing that the SP+ inline docking ports are a bit off?

Controlling from the SP+ port works fine, but if you're aiming another ship at one the target icon in the navball (and all of the assorted modpack docking alignment indicators) seem to think that the port is located about a metre forwards of where it actually is.

Anyone else noticing that the SP+ inline docking ports are a bit off?

Controlling from the SP+ port works fine, but if you're aiming another ship at one the target icon in the navball (and all of the assorted modpack docking alignment indicators) seem to think that the port is located about a metre forwards of where it actually is.

A BIT off?!? For me, ever since I first got that part, I haven't been able to 'control from here' using the actual docking port itself. No, the 'cfh' node on MY part has always been the rear attachment node, upside down of all things! Meaning, I build a plane with a cockpit (duh) and the SP+ inline docking port; launch the craft, and naturally the navball shows a heading of 90 degrees, blue side up, right? Okay, I choose the inline docking port and select 'control from here': you'd expect the navball to now show all blue, with the red 'North' marker at 90 degrees to the left, correct? Nope! I get a heading of 270 degrees, level with the horizon, but blue side DOWN. And no, it makes no difference if the port is closed or open.

It's frustrating to not be able to use a part that others obviously have no problem with. I suppose it's another of my MANY mods that's interfering somehow, but I've tried removing just about every mod that could possibly be the culprit, with no success. I've also mentioned this problem here before, and at best I've gotten what amounts to "meh..." for a response, so I've basically given up on ever being able to use that part as intended.

And before anyone asks, no, nothing appears in the output logs. As far as the game is concerned, everything seems to be just hunky-dory with this part.

:(

Anyway, fwiw.

A BIT off?!? For me, ever since I first got that part, I haven't been able to 'control from here' using the actual docking port itself. No, the 'cfh' node on MY part has always been the rear attachment node, upside down of all things! Meaning, I build a plane with a cockpit (duh) and the SP+ inline docking port; launch the craft, and naturally the navball shows a heading of 90 degrees, blue side up, right? Okay, I choose the inline docking port and select 'control from here': you'd expect the navball to now show all blue, with the red 'North' marker at 90 degrees to the left, correct? Nope! I get a heading of 270 degrees, level with the horizon, but blue side DOWN. And no, it makes no difference if the port is closed or open.

It's frustrating to not be able to use a part that others obviously have no problem with. I suppose it's another of my MANY mods that's interfering somehow, but I've tried removing just about every mod that could possibly be the culprit, with no success. I've also mentioned this problem here before, and at best I've gotten what amounts to "meh..." for a response, so I've basically given up on ever being able to use that part as intended.

And before anyone asks, no, nothing appears in the output logs. As far as the game is concerned, everything seems to be just hunky-dory with this part.

:(

Anyway, fwiw.

Are you using Docking Port Alignment Indicator and if so is it current? There was an issue like that in DPAI where some parts with docking ports didn't align properly. Since updating to the latest version, it works great for me. It was not a Spaceplane Plus issue (or Habitat Pack in the case of the image)

screenshot39-1.png

After seeing the updated cockpit and tank versions posted by Maxmaps, I was wondering if you'd be maintaining the SP+ mod once the new parts are in the game? There are notable differences between the two sets, meaning some people may prefer the originals over the Squadified ones.

I particularly like the asymmetric profile and heatshield textures of the mod over what's been shown so far.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Are you using Docking Port Alignment Indicator and if so is it current? There was an issue like that in DPAI where some parts with docking ports didn't align properly. Since updating to the latest version, it works great for me. It was not a Spaceplane Plus issue (or Habitat Pack in the case of the image)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Alshain/screenshot39-1.png

Nope. Just trying to select 'Control From Here' and use MechJeb docking AP. I mean, yeah, I can dock manually, just by eyeballing it once I get close enough, but then why would I need the option to 'control from here' in the first place?

RE: misaligned navball markers

Fairly sure this is a long-standing stock KSP problem... or, at least, it used to be. I've used DPAI for so long that I can't remember playing without it.

Stock KSP always had a problem with 'control from here', in that it didn't update the navball to reflect your new 'position', it continued to assume the position of your command pod. Not sure if that ever got fixed.

Does the problem exist with the stock inline port?

When testing this mod with Ferram, I noticed that my wings break off very quickly when turning. A closer look at the Spaceplane Plus wings showed that the Centre of Lift seems to be at the wing tip

Ahh, so that's what's going on.

I was wondering why SP+ wings always snap off first. IIRC we should be seeing *more* lift at the root not less, I wonder what effect this is having on roll stability...

These parts are amazing, so I hope this will be fixed soon.
Er... bumpity bump? Anyone familiar with FAR configs care to comment?

What has been said on these additions?

1. Range of landing gear sizes (from small to large).

2. Large and small wings and large already shaped wings.

3. Space plane decoupler.

4. Range of engine sizes.

5. Saceplane RCS.

6. Air breaks.

Edited by ProGamerGov