[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

And what about the control surfaces? Why do they start attached in a turned orientation? What would their behaivour be like if they would start normally? Can I see this kind of behaviour somehow? Does this technique help in any way with mirroring of asymmetric airfoils and other sorts of those things?

And what about the control surfaces? Why do they start attached in a turned orientation? What would their behaivour be like if they would start normally? Can I see this kind of behaviour somehow? Does this technique help in any way with mirroring of asymmetric airfoils and other sorts of those things?

See first post.

Q: Why do the Elevons start at that weird rotation?

A: This is also due to a problem with KSP symmetry. If I make it attach at the correct rotation right away, symmetry will flip it to the wrong side on the other wing.

If I make them start 90° rotated, you will have to rotate them back manually, BUT it will now be rotated correctly on the other side aswell.

Why doesn't this happen to the stock flaps? It does, but since they are symmetric, and not wedge-shaped, it's not visible and thus doesn't matter.

In a different spin on that problem, why do SP+ wings have no regard for their orientation when surface-attaching on their edges? Stock wings, if you attach something to an edge of a rotated wing, it will match the orientation to the wing. SP+ wings, you'll have to pray you can precision-rotate whatever you are placing into the exact same angle, because it will start parallel to the ground.

I understand the periodic usefulness of having control surfaces parallel to the ground, for performance purposes, but for aesthetics purposes it's very annoying.

And here I was planning to start writing about a guy, who gets a B-17 Flying Fortress, makes it spaceworthy and flies off to new worlds with a small band of misfits as a crew. :P

So go for it. Don't let anyone tell you what to do in your sandbox.

And here I was planning to start writing about a guy, who gets a B-17 Flying Fortress, makes it spaceworthy and flies off to new worlds with a small band of misfits as a crew. :P

Firespitter has a B-17 cockpit and parts.

what will happen to this mod after 25 release? yes it got space plane plus mod integrated but surely if the mod keeps in devolopment it can add new parts compatable with the parts that squad took.

Perhaps a part variance for directional heatshielding to boot.

Porkjet, have you seen that Squad have basically credited all the stockified Spaceplane Plus parts to C7 Aerospace, not you? I'm pretty appalled by this, unless I've gotten the wrong end of the stick this looks like a grade-A case of plagiarism.

Screenshot here, taken from Scott Manley's .25 preview:

http://imgur.com/umjE9HC