[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Porkjet, have you seen that Squad have basically credited all the stockified Spaceplane Plus parts to C7 Aerospace, not you? I'm pretty appalled by this, unless I've gotten the wrong end of the stick this looks like a grade-A case of plagiarism.

C7 Aerospace refers to the in game kerbal company rather than the mod itself. Though I agree it would be nice to see a dedicated one to give due credit.

I can see where you're coming from Frozen_Heart but the way I look at it any part credited to "C7 Aerospace" is de-facto credited to Chad by association (yes, aware he's not on the dev team any longer)

Edited by BurningSky93

what will happen to this mod after 25 release? yes it got space plane plus mod integrated but surely if the mod keeps in devolopment it can add new parts compatable with the parts that squad took.

Max said in Squadcast they were going to keep Porkjet busy if they could. So, you will see more parts, but this mod will likely die because they will be stock.

Once this gets integrated into .25 will it still have RasterPropMonitor support?

Not stock, no. The IVA shown in streams looks similar but had the RPM elements removed. I'm sure it will end up being part of the RPM mod since that handles other stock parts.

So: who's up for making a ModuleManager patch or somesuch to re-credit the new parts to Porkjet Industries?

What would you like as your flag, Sir Porcinus?

I believe the existing SP+ mod is credited to Lockspeed Kerman (parody of Lockheed Martin), not sure why they couldn't make that stock. But it's the nature of contract work, PorkJet sold it to Squad and now it belongs to them.

Edited by Alshain

Hehe that's really sweet of you guys, but don't worry, I'm properly credited! The in-game manufacturer was 'Lockspeed Kerman' before and It's quite meaningless.

As for the future of this mod, ALL of the parts are in 0.25, polished em up myself, better than they've ever been, so don't worry about this mod version anymore, it's served its purpose. And as for new parts, I got contracted to do some more parts for Squad (!) that's gonna keep me busy for a while, and if there's anything left to wish for after that, I'll likely start a new mod.

Hope you're gonna have fun with the new parts when .25 finally hits!

To the people asking about what hes working on or what COULD happen, you folks do realize that as an official Squad developer under contract, Porkjet has legal restrictions on what he can say about the kind of work that is being done.

Hugo's parts will be the Mk3 parts.

OR WILL THEY?!?!? some non caps just because.

What happened to the MK3 parts that were mentioned a while back?

After spending some time with them in QA, we decided that they weren’t ready for public consumption and didn’t reflect what we actually want the Mk3 parts to function as. Needless to say, they shall make a return and the old Mk3 parts still remain for the time being.

Well, Mk2 can hold a 0.625m cargo with room to spare and Mk3 can do the same with 1.25. IMHO, makes sense to introduce a new fuselage system that can hold 2.5m cargo rather than change an existing one, breaking crafts in the process. Also, you'd know if you've ever looked at Tiberdyne Shuttle mod that an embiggened Mk3 that holds 2.5m looks.. ridiculous. It's like twice the size. Can't find the picture right now, but Tiberion has it.

Well, Mk2 can hold a 0.625m cargo with room to spare and Mk3 can do the same with 1.25. IMHO, makes sense to introduce a new fuselage system that can hold 2.5m cargo rather than change an existing one, breaking crafts in the process. Also, you'd know if you've ever looked at Tiberdyne Shuttle mod that an embiggened Mk3 that holds 2.5m looks.. ridiculous. It's like twice the size. Can't find the picture right now, but Tiberion has it.

Yup. Mk3 is for 1.25m + stuff, not 2.5m.

Unfortunately, Mk3 at the moment doesn't do either.

Be nice if Mk3 could take a Mk1 fold-wing plane, though.

Hey, Porkjet, you say "All of the parts are in 0.25..." Does that include the parts you were working on but never released, such as the pointy nose and the various tail pieces? I hope so. :)

They aren't, unfortunately. There are a couple of new wing variants but I think that's it.

The Mk2 cargo bay can hold 1.25.