[1.3] Kerbal Flight Data (Release 23, 2017-08-14)

DaMichel

@DaMichel

I am getting the flight data in the middle of my screen when using it IVA. I am not sure of the cause maybe scaling UI? Not sure, but would love to be able to fully adjust the X and Y coordinates if this can't be remedied some other way. Thanks love this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. This is mostly because of the introduction of common toolbar code for my plugins. However, I also moved the text up a little bit, and the toolbar button configuration should work now (@InfiniteShock).

@Svm420 The text should stick to the top. I still need to investigate. An output log would be great to have, or a list of mods.

Edited by DaMichel

Hey thanks for the great mod, I like this style, simple and streamlined. Just a suggestion: I see the VS display come on occasions which it isn't necessary, and it doesn't come on during atmospheric flight, which I think it's the most requiring of a VS display.

Is there a way to change that, tampering with config files and such? Thanks

11 hours ago, DaMichel said:

VS should come on in map mode. Otherwise not, I think. The reason for this is simply because the stock GUI already has a VS indicator.

No (simple) way to change it. It is all hardcoded.

Oh yeah there is the stock one, but it's really rubbish. Anything more than 10m/s and you have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played around with the code and managed to add a 'Period' display that displays in min:sec your orbital, erm, period. I needed this to build a satellite network, quite handy.

So, if DaMichel is ok and if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share the modified code.

Edited by N_Molson

Hey. For some reason the forum did not send notifications of new posts ...

Needless to say that I don't play that much at the moment. Will update my stuff some day soon though.

@N_Molson So I have a serious fork now, eh? I suppose, I could add a link to your fork on the front page. You would be responsible for your version. I can see trouble coming because of this ... but still. However I won't incorporate your display because that would go against the principle of this mod to only include things for my own selfish needs :-)

Edited by DaMichel

Hello, I fully understand, really this is something I did only because I badly needed to have that simple info displayed somewhere. I'm thinking to add Inclination too. Period and Inclination are really essential parameters for satellite networks building purposes. The drawback is of course that adding more information goes against the original purpose of the mod, which is to display clearly the bare essentials.

Well anyways, my idea was : if someone ever needs this, he'll be able to watch more orbital parameters without the rather heavy Mechjeb or KER, that's all.

So I'll add a fork in the GitHub as soon as I get time to do it, then you'll do what you like. :P

As a sidenote I tried to add 1/10 seconds to get even more precision, but miserably failed. I succeeded in displaying them on the format I wanted, like '12.3 s' but the issue seems to be about the refresh rate, which never goes under 1 sec. I tried to play around with the update rate value you set by default at 0.1 s (which should have been ok anyways), but without avail. However I notice that MechJeb & KER don't get under full seconds either, so I guess this is related to current KSP limitations not allowing that kind of precision (floating point errors ?), right ? Just curious as I had a bit of headache about it :wink:

As another sidenote, the mod runs on my 1.1.3 KSP version, although I don't use FAR.

Regarding the refresh rate, one second seems pretty slow. I could swear that former versions could show updates faster. Perhaps they limited the rate at which gui elements can be changed due to performance reasons?!

The mod runs without FAR. There are just some data missing and there is less incentive to actually use the mod.

Edited by DaMichel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Galenmacil said:

This is one the mod I find hard to play without... Any plan for an update for KSP 1.2.0?

On 10/13/2016 at 3:07 AM, DaMichel said:

Well, apparently, the 1.2 update broke my mods for real this time. Will attempt to fix them some day soon.

• 4 weeks later...

DaMichel, this mod is more important than FlightIndicators... I need it! We need it! All player need it! Because many of us don't want to go back to the KER mod... PLEASE, make it without FAR. Please, please, please...
But, sincerely speaking, this is the most useful MOD to those who like to play in the stock version with minimal impact of MODs!
Hope, next update, for v1.2.x will coming soon.

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

3 hours ago, Navi1982 said:

DaMichel, this mod is more important than FlightIndicators... I need it! We need it! All player need it! Because many of us don't want to go back to the KER mod... PLEASE, make it without FAR. Please, please, please...
But, sincerely speaking, this is the most useful MOD to those who like to play in the stock version with minimal impact of MODs!
Hope, next update, for v1.2.x will coming soon.

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

I can agree that this mod is one of them you notice how important it is when it is missing. However I understand DaMichel decision to wait until FAR is updated, to be able to get all necessary data and be able to update everything properly. I assume that everything become broken due to unity game engine change and a way how fonts are displayed in game.

Meanwhile, there is another similar mod that gives some of important data. Not a full replacement, but still better than stock:

Basic orbit info can provide you with some of necessary flight data.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:11 AM, DaMichel said:

I'm so sorry for letting you wait. Because it just needed recompiling.

If you are wondering now ... there is no update for FAR at this point in time. However the orbital info is useful indeed. :)

Does this mean that running FAR will cause issues?  Or does that just mean that readout information in-atmo with FAR will be inaccurate?  Frankly, I'm more concerned about biome information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.