What do you think kerbals do in their free time?

Highlad

Ive always thought about what kerbals do on those long jool transfers or on extended space station missions... I would say they play pool but I dont think it would work in 0Gs...

Now I just think they do this: jesse-dance.gif

Any thoughts?

They just stare out into the cosmos with this blank stare in their eyes. While it may seem boring for us after a few months, Kerbals actually have a vivid imagination allowing them to visualize anything they want. In Jeb's case, exploding rocket boosters. What else are you going to do when you're cramped up in a mk1 pod on your way to Eeloo without space to move?

Doesn't the Hitchhiker can has storage spaces labeled "Board Games" and "Snacks"? So as long as you've got one of those on your ship, they're playing those games and those eating snacks. Otherwise, I'm with Remkeau.

Knowing their deep love of rocketry, I always pack them a kerbal-can full of model rocket engines and parts so they can hand-launch their own rockets on EVA.

That seems to keep them busy.

....And it only gets dangerous when bob starts cannibalizing the CSM and solar panels for parts for his Super-MakeJebJealous-3000 line of model rockets.

:cool:

They make nice cocktails of rocket fuel and carbonated oxidizer and giving them fancy names like shiny reactor core... Or maybe they sing songs like "i wanna be your launch instructor", "spacelift to heaven" or "dont fear the kraken"...

They dream.

Dream of rockets with impossibly high thrust and infinite fuel. Dream of solar systems where all orbits are in the ecliptic. Dream of saving fuel on their commute with gravity slingshots. Dream of landers strong enough to use lithobraking for the entire descent burn. Dream of using just enough struts, so that removing one more will make the ship fall apart. Dream of a reason to use aerodynamic nosecones. Dream of the paychecks they keep hearing are coming "in the next update".

They dream.

With these weird pink guys who haven't even gone past their own Mun!

Every game needs a challenge. Ive heard, they have a much larger solar system in their game with lots more math to do to launch without crashing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.