Tank Buddy

How do you fly your spacecraft?  

1. 1. How do you fly your spacecraft?

• I use a Keyboard and Mouse
    • I use a Joystick and/or Throttle
    • I use a Controller
    • I use a Custom Interface
    • Other (explain below)

I was thinking today, and I realized that I probably could never go back to using a keyboard to fly my rockets. Ever since I got my Logitech joystick, I have barely used the keyboard. That got me wondering about the rest of the community.

I should add that with my joystick there is a built in throttle, which allows me to go from 0%-100% and anything in between (literally smaller increments) instantaneously.

Edited by Tank Buddy

Keyboard :-( All of my best toys are refusing to play for one reason or another since I upgraded OS. One day I'll get around to patching them somehow.

Force-feedback hooked to KerbQuake would be cool.

How do you fly your spacecraft? You ask?

I fly it with style! ...And a keyboard.

I have a joystick and a gamepad (PS3) and didn't like how it turned out so I stick to the simple keyboard and mouse.

This poll needs a "voice commands" option.

"W"

[speech Recognition presses U, toggling lights]

"No, W!"

[sR presses U again]

[Explosion as upside-down spaceplane is destroyed]

I play with a keyboard. My Logitech joystick doesn't like KSP: it's not centered.

The only joystick I own is a twenty-plus-year-old CH Flightstick two-button and, since my laptop doesn't have a gameport, I'm not likely to use it again any time soon.

This is almost the only game wich includes flight where I use keyboard and mouse instead of my joystick. I tried it but it didn't work as precisely as needed.

In any other game I can't even fly straight without my joystick xD

Mouse and keyboard at the moment, which feels normal enough with rockets. Now that I'm trying to play around with planes a little more I may need to dust off the old Extreme 3D. And subsequently buy a different one because surely there's a reason it hasn't been used in a year.

Spacecraft: almost always keyboard.

Planes: has to be joystick.

I don't fly planes very often, and dragging the stick over to use for spacecraft is a bit of a hassle with the piles of stuff on my desk. I have considered stealing the joystick off the kids' computer (they never use it anyway) and setting one for rotation and one for translation.

This poll needs a "voice commands" option.

Haha cant wait for the day that some game developer will implement such a great feature!

It can make multi tasking so much easier!

Or better yet to develop an OS with an AI that you can talk to (like in "Her" movie!)

Keyboard. And not mouse, that's just for moving the camera and opening the menus.

If I wanted to get serious about planes I might give a controller a try, but I think KSP doesn't have full controller support on Linux, so I don't know if I'd be able to get the analogue sticks working. For rockets the keyboard does just fine.

Keyboard and mouse. I tried using my ancient joystick once, but i didn't get full input when I pushed it all the way and one axis wasn't registered by the game at all, so there was no point in trying. Maybe I should think about buying a new one :)

Spacecraft (including planes in space): Keyboard/Mouse

Planes: Joystick

Other: I sometimes use mouse/keyboard AND the joystick throttle lever, it has instant response time, while holding shift takes several seconds to throttle up. This is extremely useful for landing in high gravity.

Keyboard and mouse, thou it appears my mouse is trying to run away..

Oi! Get back here! D:<

I don't have a mouse, but I tried a guinea pig. (Well, now that I think about it, it was the pig named "Mouse", so take that for what it's worth.)

All I got was:

gikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbhk/.p

I guess I will not be going to space today.

Edited by razark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.