Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

On 16-8-2016 at 1:43 AM, Raptor831 said:

@blowfish Thanks, as always, for the help!

@Pointblank66 That config is going to give me fits! Every time I think I have it ironed out another mod comes up that breaks it in some way! :wink: Your best bet is to actually write the config for that particular part and not rely on that ugly hack of a fallback. You could also use the following at the same spot Blowfish mentioned:

// If we don't have a MFT yet (i.e. no TACLS), make one
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks

It won't set up that Ranger part, but it won't throw the error anymore. The config was set up to make sure the pods all had MFTs in them. In this case, it's grabbing something it's not supposed to, so I don't think it'll be a negative thing if we check to make sure we have ElectricCharge for sure.

I tried this and it didn't work either. I even used a unedited copy of the Fuel_conversions.cfg to add the mentioned patch but that also didn't work. The error itself has no major impact on the game but I do suspect it to be the problem of random crashes after long sessions.

I am starting to think that it may be a incompatibility with some mods that I use so I will link a screenshot to my mod list down in the spoiler tag. If you see something that is not (entirely) compatible with stockalike RF, please say so

**EDIT**

Some mods have "AD" in front of them instead of a ✔, Which means they are manually add to the Gamedata folder instead of through CKAN

Also not all mod versions are up to date. There are some mods in there whom are already opted for 1.1.3 eventhough they say they are for 1.1.2 or lower

Edited by Pointblank66

1 hour ago, Pointblank66 said:

I tried this and it didn't work either. I even used a unedited copy of the Fuel_conversions.cfg to add the mentioned patch but that also didn't work. The error itself has no major impact on the game but I do suspect it to be the problem of random crashes after long sessions.

I am starting to think that it may be a incompatibility with some mods that I use so I will link a screenshot to my mod list down in the spoiler tag. If you see something that is not (entirely) compatible with stockalike RF, please say so

**EDIT**

Some mods have "AD" in front of them instead of a ✔, Which means they are manually add to the Gamedata folder instead of through CKAN

Also not all mod versions are up to date. There are some mods in there whom are already opted for 1.1.3 eventhough they say they are for 1.1.2 or lower

I know what error you're talking about and no, it's not crashing your game. It's just a message posted to the log by Module Manager saying it couldn't apply that part of the patch. (and later it will also report that it didn't write out the cache because of that error)

If you tried what they said and it didn't work then either you applied the fix incorrectly or something else is wrong besides what you reported earlier. It's impossible to say which without knowing exactly what the error is this time. 

soo... im trying to make a config for the SuperDraco engines in KerbalResuability expansion... i basically copied a config from KW,a nd changed the appropriate values, however, it doesn't seem to be working... how do I go about making a config? I don't seem to be able to find any decent documentation on how to do it.

21 hours ago, Commissar said:

soo... im trying to make a config for the SuperDraco engines in KerbalResuability expansion... i basically copied a config from KW,a nd changed the appropriate values, however, it doesn't seem to be working... how do I go about making a config? I don't seem to be able to find any decent documentation on how to do it.

Did you use the online configuration tool from the OP? http://bit.ly/rfstockalike Just click on "engines", select you KW example engine, change the engine id, title, and any stats that need to change (thrust, tech level, type, etc).  Then you can copy the output and save it as a .CFG. Unless that engine is an oddball (stock fuel switching, multiple thrust transforms)...

If you're happy with the results in game, you can submit your config on the same page you created it.

12 hours ago, lurkoholic said:

Did you use the online configuration tool from the OP? http://bit.ly/rfstockalike Just click on "engines", select you KW example engine, change the engine id, title, and any stats that need to change (thrust, tech level, type, etc).  Then you can copy the output and save it as a .CFG. Unless that engine is an oddball (stock fuel switching, multiple thrust transforms)...

If you're happy with the results in game, you can submit your config on the same page you created it.

dude.... i could ahve used that... liek a week ago... thanks a million

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @Raptor831,

I'd like to report a possible problem your config creator web app. It seems to have lost a bunch of the saved engines and resources. The engine list only has 10 engines and I am only able to choose between 10 different fuel mixtures.

Pic 1

Pic 2

I have tried playing around with the settings, switching browsers, and waiting a couple days.

Anyone else have this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi  @Raptor831,

Do you, by any chance, happen to be aware of any size0 or size1 engine configured in RF Stockalike to use Kerolox and having significant number of ignitions in Kerolox mode? By significant I mean around ten (maybe less but more is of course better).
Why would I want such a thing, you might ask? Well, I am thinking of playthrough or maybe a mission report series where fuel components toxicity can influence the development of a space program for some environmental or political reasons. It is not unheard of in real life: Sergey Korolyov soundly opposed the idea of human-rated launcher using (poisonous) UDMH+NTO (and nowadays AFAIK only Chinese use such mixtures to launch humans), SNC markets its Dreamchaser as ready to land in civilian airports because its fuel is non-toxic (not Kerolox though). Yes, the choice to use Kerolox limits maximum mission duration due to LOX cryogenic nature, but, at least for spaceplanes with jet engines, it is possible to still use remaining kerosene even if all liquid oxygen evaporates (at least if enough of it is left for deorbit burn).

I remember trying to find an engine like this about a year ago in your web app but, apparently, without success. Before implementation of limited ignitions in RF I would settle with 48-7S, but now it is a launcher engine with single ignition; or Vesta VR-1, but unlike its 2.5m cousin it is limited to single ignition (and four in MMH+NTO mode which is still not enough). I'm scanning configs but there are lots of engines, perhaps you remember something along these lines?

Thanks.

Edited by Konnor

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 6:00 PM, SpaceHungryMan said:

Thanks for continuing to maintain it. It's incredibly useful.

You're welcome. I am unfortunately horribly late on my updates, but I did finally update the generator to fix the issues you mentioned.

@Konnor I don't know of any engines off the top of my head. There's nothing stopping you from using the generator to add ignitions to a particular engine though. :) 

Edited by Raptor831

• 1 month later...

Shouldn't RFStockalike provide RealPlumeConfigs for CKAN? As it seems to contain RealPlume-RFStockalike folder, but RealPlume still wants to install Stock configs.

I saw permanent flame effect for Swivel engine even when it's turned off with RealPlume installed that way, could this be the cause for it?

Edited by Eklykti

On 2016-12-22 at 5:46 PM, blowfish said:

This should fix the issue: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5071

Wouldn't take effect until the next RF Stockalike release though (unless someone updates the individual release files in CKAN-Meta

I also have a permanent flame effect bug on some engines, but my installation was manual. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

1 hour ago, flack said:

I also have a permanent flame effect bug on some engines, but my installation was manual. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

I don't know the cause of that, sorry.  And I'm away from home this week so can't really do any serious debugging.  But if you follow the normal steps for getting support (post logs etc, explained in the support link in my signature), someone else might be able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting 2 errors while loading KSP? It says the error is located in RealFuels-Stockalike/Fuel_Conversions.cfg  

I have Real Plume Installed but the skipper engine and poodle engine aren't producing any plume. They are set to use Lqd H and Lqd O. Don't know if that makes a difference. On closer inspection I was missing the RealPlumeRF-Stockalike folder

Edited by gonzo98x

Im getting "Insufficent resources to ignite" on every rocket with this even if the correct fuels are added. EDIT: There was a conflict somewhere, works now with Real Plume. But not with all rockets stock, there is always something! Oh well, can't be botherd.

Edited by Cratzz

6 minutes ago, delta wee said:

What are the units for "IspSL" and "IspV" in the configs? I'm seeing that a value of "1.2573" corresponds to an ISP of around 440 seconds when viewed in KSP.

Those are ratios with respect to the base Isp for the part. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't remember if that's the baseline Isp for the part at a given tech level, or if it's the original Isp in the default fuel mixture. Either way, those numbers are unitless. You can check the config generator to see how those things change: http://bit.ly/rfstockalike

Having reinstalled RealPlume + RealFuels + these configs using CKAN, the phantom engine plumes have been eliminated. Not sure if the order mattered?

However, thing is, stock RCS thrusters still have this phantom effect problem. Non-squad ones have no such issue...

12 hours ago, requimrar said:

Having reinstalled RealPlume + RealFuels + these configs using CKAN, the phantom engine plumes have been eliminated. Not sure if the order mattered?

However, thing is, stock RCS thrusters still have this phantom effect problem. Non-squad ones have no such issue...

Stock RCS thrusters use a new module I believe, which I've heard isn't reflected in my configs yet. I've also only just gotten my install ready to play on 1.2.2 after being on hiatus*, so I haven't had time yet to test and troubleshoot anything. I'll check on the RCS, though. My install is pretty mod-heavy (70+ mods), so if it works on mine it should work on most everyone's.

* Been playing Rimworld, Factorio, and Cataclysm DDA. Would recommend any of those for people looking for non-KSP games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.