Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

With regards to engine ignitor, how do we increase the number of times an engine can ignite using the electric ignitor? There isn't a part to increase the number of times so I assume we need to go into the config files to change it manually.

Edited by TeeGee

With regards to engine ignitor, how do we increase the number of times an engine can ignite using the electric ignitor? There isn't a part to increase the number of times so I assume we need to go into the config files to change it manually.

I'm not sure of the EI config details, so I don't really know where to change. But it will be in the config file somewhere. Might want to check in the EI thread to see where to change that.

I have some advice, maybe make the Kerbodyne KR-2L Advanced Engine ignite twice since it is mostly an interstage engine for the larger fuel tanks.

That's the only rationale I can think of for this.

I have some advice, maybe make the Kerbodyne KR-2L Advanced Engine ignite twice since it is mostly an interstage engine for the larger fuel tanks.

That's the only rationale I can think of for this.

I assumed (incorrectly) that the number I was seeing in the XLS was going directly into the EI config. Because I don't use EI I didn't realize it before, but you only get multiple ignitions if you use hypergolic fuels on non-vacuum engines (or at least you're supposed to). I've made some tweaks in the configs to ensure some engines always have multiple ignitions, including the KR-2L. Mostly, anything that is a J2 or supposed to be a J2-type-clone, since that's something everyone expects to be restartable.

I haven't posted it yet, as I want to test the new FASA beta-release engines in my configs and check a few other things. New version should be up tomorrow, if all goes well.

I assumed (incorrectly) that the number I was seeing in the XLS was going directly into the EI config. Because I don't use EI I didn't realize it before, but you only get multiple ignitions if you use hypergolic fuels on non-vacuum engines (or at least you're supposed to). I've made some tweaks in the configs to ensure some engines always have multiple ignitions, including the KR-2L. Mostly, anything that is a J2 or supposed to be a J2-type-clone, since that's something everyone expects to be restartable.

I haven't posted it yet, as I want to test the new FASA beta-release engines in my configs and check a few other things. New version should be up tomorrow, if all goes well.

Wonderful!

Before you drop your next update Raptor (thanks by the way for the effort; this config is outstanding), you may want to check on all the NTRs. None of them have Nuclear Fuel or alternator / generator modules. The code is in the config; but in the incorrect place (it's above the LTBY from Kommitz's pack; but not part of the LTBY and that's the only reference for those modules in the pack. I've basically copy/pasted them to each of the NTRs included in my own config to allow them to function; otherwise none of the NTRs modified by this config function at all (due to deprivation of one of the propellant resources that they're looking for). Also it's really hacky as they're all using the same amount of fuel no matter the reactor size (same amount; same generational capacity; same fuel usage values).

EDIT: The missing code from the NTR configs. If they're not supposed to have the generational capacity or any of this then I'd definitely make the suggestion to remove the nuclearFuel propellant component from their configuration modifications. Otherwise all of Kommitz's NTRs, SXT (Lackluster's) NTRs, RLA's baby NTR, and I think another mod's (not sure if KSPX or if I'm thinking of a different one) are dead weight and do not function out of the box.

!MODULE[ModuleAlternator] {}
!MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {}
!RESOURCE[nuclearFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[nuclearWaste] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAlternator
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearFuel
rate = -0.00000000000000002
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearWaste
rate = 0.00000000000000002
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 12
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 6
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearWaste
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearFuel
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearFuel
amount = 20
maxAmount = 20
}
RESOURCE
{
name = nuclearWaste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 20
}
}

Edited by Shad0wCatcher

I've updated the config and the XLS to include the M1 and RL-10 from the FASA beta release, and the G-120 from the HGR beta. In addition, I've re-instated the dedicated = true line for all engine/tank combos (SRBs and parts like FASA's Centaur or SXT's LEM ascent/descent stages). This should match the tanks to the fuel type for the engine automatically. This does require Real Fuels v6.x, so please update that as well.

@Shad0wCatcher: I double checked the config on my end, and the NTRs seem to work fine. I test fired all of the FTmN engines, the STX NTRs, and the stock LV-N, and they all worked for me and had proper (i.e. scaled to size) nuclearFuel amounts. Try this latest config with RF 6.x and see if that helps. If you're still having trouble, what other mods do you have running?

RE: Mods...A ton. It may be RF; I haven't been able to update in a little while (having issues with my internet provider and have been without internet for the last 6 weeks; only been able to update sporadically at my job).

Specifically, any mods that might touch the engine configs. The Stockalike config should add the appropriate nuclear fuels to the NTRs, but if for some reason another mod with MM configs removes it, then it would be dead in the water. If there are any errors in the log, those might be helpful too.

And that's a bummer about your internet. I was without landline internet for 2.5 months (had to build the infrastructure to get cable internet out here), so I know what it's like!

I don't know whether it's due to this config or Advanced Jet Engine but all my SRBs and Sep Motors (Stock & B9) are firing in the VAB. Didn't start until I installed AJE but even after removing it, the SRBs are borked. I get no stage icon in the menu either. I'm using RF6.1 and your config from the first page (also tried the latter posted ones to no avail). I did remove Tweakable Everything to make sure it wasn't causing the issue but it didn't make a difference.

I don't know whether it's due to this config or Advanced Jet Engine but all my SRBs and Sep Motors (Stock & B9) are firing in the VAB. Didn't start until I installed AJE but even after removing it, the SRBs are borked. I get no stage icon in the menu either. I'm using RF6.1 and your config from the first page (also tried the latter posted ones to no avail). I did remove Tweakable Everything to make sure it wasn't causing the issue but it didn't make a difference.

Try this: go into the config and remove any line that says "dedicated = true". You can search-and-replace it with TextEdit or Notepad.

If you've got both the config from today and RF 6.1 it shouldn't be the reason, but I'll double check on my end.

I had the exact same issue but raptor831 posted an updated cfg file on the 1st download page. It should be correct now.

Just for reference, here's a list of the non-part mods I'm using, and the config should work fine with:

FAR, DRE, TAC Life Support, RF (obviously), HotRockets (and Smokescreen), AJE, Procedural Fairings/Wings/Parts, Firespitter (dll), KAS, RealChute, ScanSAT, MechJeb, Infernal Robotics, Space Shuttle Engines by dtobi.

Part packs shouldn't be an issue unless they come with custom plugins.

Uh, read the (spreadsheet's) Docs page ;)

You need to change the mode from automatic to manual for the "number of igntions" field to be always applied.

(automatic is so that you can specify different number of ignitions for hypergolic and non-hypergolic fuel mixtures.)

Edited by NathanKell

Uh, read the (spreadsheet's) Docs page ;)

You need to change the mode from automatic to manual for the "number of igntions" field to be always applied.

(automatic is so that you can specify different number of ignitions for hypergolic and non-hypergolic fuel mixtures.)

I noticed that after the fact. Always helps if I, ya know, read the instructions beforehand. :facepalm:

This should be fixed with 6.1

Which is my experience as well.

Hmmm. No joy. Could TweakScale cause issues?

Edit: what does it mean when MM says it has hidden files?

TweakScale would be a good candidate to check. I honestly don't know how that one works, so I can't say for sure. Can you check and/or post the player_log file for any errors? Might help you narrow down the search.

Seems like it is TweakScale that is causing the conflict. Weird because I've had it installed for a while and had no problems. Must be the latest update that isn't playing nice. Gonna make using the new IR parts a bit difficult :/

Edit: Now that is sorted I have a request. Any chance you could config the Bimodal NTR from Bahamutos' Copernicus pack?

Edited by djnattyd

Seems like it is TweakScale that is causing the conflict. Weird because I've had it installed for a while and had no problems. Must be the latest update that isn't playing nice. Gonna make using the new IR parts a bit difficult :/

Edit: Now that is sorted I have a request. Any chance you could config the Bimodal NTR from Bahamutos' Copernicus pack?

That's something I can add to the config. I'm working on a way to add bi-modal engines to the XLS to automate the process, so I'll update the configs once that happens.

In the meantime, you can swipe the Real Fuels engine configs from the RSS version of the Copernicus pack.

Yeah the problem is back (with the SRBs).

Be sure you've got the latest version of Real Fuels. Go to the last posts in that thread to get the latest bugfix version (6.1) and, as swamp_ig mentioned a few posts ago, it should fix it.

Not a problem. :) If you have any suggestions, please do let me know.

Before forgetting to continue it, I'd been thinking of giving each 'source company' it's own fuels mixes and efficiency quirks.

For example, AEIS does probes so I was going to make most AEIS parts be + variants and use lighter and cryogenic fuels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.