Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

Are you applying new costs to the various engines?

Have not applied those as of yet. Wanted to make sure all of the engines were updated and fine first. That'll be my next project.

Hate to interrupt development,... ..snip..

Basically, I need to add the engines to the XLS and it'll spit out the config. Aerojet I know there are new engines that aren't updated in this config. As with my reply above, I'm working on it! :wink:

I'll see if I can carve some time out tomorrow (Wednesday) and knock a few of these out.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was actually taking a look at how the configs are written. I already know a little about MM, so I was gonna see if I can take a crack at them, I'd love to offer a helping hand if you'd like.

Also, take your time on getting them out, real life should come first and foremost.

Raptor: cool, gotcha! :)

Well, I lied. :wink:

Updated the configs with the new Aerojet Kerbodyne engines (I think) and added engine costs. Again, haven't gotten a chance to test this well, but it all should be good. I do need feedback on the costs. But I went ahead and made a true release (v2.0!) so the OP is updated.

For the costs, I scaled the cost algorithm to the stock Mainsail's cost. The cost should scale with effectiveness (higher ISP = greater cost, more thrust = higher cost), so the nuclear engines are really expensive (as they should). Let me know if anything seems out of whack.

Just wanted to report what looks like a bug; the SABREs are running off of Kerosene and Oxidizer (note: the stock Oxidizer, not Liquid Oxygen, and there's no Hydrogen involved.) I suspect it's a conflict between B9_modularEngines.cfg and Jet_modularEngines.cfg. I'm playing around with ways(?) to fix it right now, but I'm more of a config mangler than a config wrangler.

5HiLUeA.png

EDIT: It looks like the RAPIERs are also running off of the stock Oxidizer. This was reproduced with nothing but Squad, NASAmission, RealFuels (v8.1 with the latest versions of these configs,) and Module Manager 2.5.1 in GameData.

EDIT 2: I'm an idiot; it looks like the problem with the SABREs is that they use the stock MultiModeEngine module now instead of the HydraEngineController module. Should be easy to fix.

Edited by Whovian

I must confess, I've never gotten a handle on modifying propellants. Here's the best I've got; it kinda fixes the previous problems. The SABREs still run off of Kerolox for some reason; I can only seem to modify one out of the fuel and oxidizer, and, in fact, I can only modify one of the engine modules' LiquidFuel, so I can only get them to be Hydrogen Jets and Kerosene/Stock Oxidizer (Kerostox anyone?) rockets. No idea why it isn't working nicely. Also I didn't take a look at how the thrusts were.

@PART[RAPIER]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],2
{
@PROPELLANT,2
{
@name = LqdOxygen
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Engine_SABRE_M]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
@maxTemp = 1800
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1
{
@maxThrust = 2940
@heatProduction 225
@PROPELLANT,1
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.38029
}
@PROPELLANT,2
{
@ratio = 0.61971
DrawGauge = true
}
@useEngineResponseTime = false
@atmosphereCurve
{
// Atm.P. Isp iTan oTan
@key,0 = 0 3250 0 2.51E+07
@key,1 = 7.5E-06 3544 0 0
@key,2 = 0.0006 2984 0 0
@key,3 = 0.11 3336 0 0
@key,4 = 1 2880 -400 0
}
}
{
@maxThrust = 2940
@heatProduction 275
@PROPELLANT,1
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.73
}
@PROPELLANT,2
{
@name = LqdOxygen
@ratio = 0.27
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 460
@key,1 = 0 370
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Engine_SABRE_S]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
@maxTemp = 1800
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1
{
@heatProduction 225
@PROPELLANT,1
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.377
}
@PROPELLANT,2
{
@ratio = 0.623
DrawGauge = true
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
// Atm.P. Isp iTan oTan
@key,0 = 0 3610 0 2.51E+07
@key,1 = 7.5E-06 3938 0 0
@key,2 = 0.0006 3316 0 0
@key,3 = 0.11 3706 0 0
@key,4 = 1 3200 -400 0
}
}
{
@heatProduction 275
@PROPELLANT,1
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.73
{
@PROPELLANT,2
{
@name = LqdOxygen
@ratio = 0.27
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 460
@key,1 = 0 370
}
}
}

EDIT: I just realized it's possible this sounds slightly rude; I'm terribly sorry if I'm coming off that way.

Edited by Whovian

Ah, phooey. Looks like between the latest B9 version and the latest RF something got left behind.

Your config looks right, Whovian, but I believe the index needs to start at 0, not 1. So like this:

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],0 // first instance of MEFX
{
}
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1 // second instance of MEFX
{
}

You can also key off of the engine ID instead if you're not confident of the order. So like this:

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#engineID[AirBreathing]]
{
}
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#engineID[ClosedCycle]]
{
}

If you're on GitHub, send me a pull request. If not, just paste it here or PM it to me.

I really need to get my KSP install up and running again to test these blasted things properly...

Oh, and I didn't read that as rude. :wink: That was a very nice bug report, so thanks!

Thanks for the help; I've tested this and it should fix both the RAPIER and SABREs.

@PART[RAPIER]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
{
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LqdOxygen
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Engine_SABRE_M]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
@maxTemp = 1800
{
@maxThrust = 2940
@heatProduction 225
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.38029
}
@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]
{
@ratio = 0.61971
DrawGauge = true
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
// Atm.P. Isp iTan oTan
@key,0 = 0 3250 0 2.51E+07
@key,1 = 7.5E-06 3544 0 0
@key,2 = 0.0006 2984 0 0
@key,3 = 0.11 3336 0 0
@key,4 = 1 2880 -400 0
}
}
{
@maxThrust = 2940
@heatProduction 275
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.73
}
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LqdOxygen
@ratio = 0.27
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 460
@key,1 = 0 370
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Engine_SABRE_S]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
@maxTemp = 1800
{
@heatProduction 225
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.377
}
@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]
{
@ratio = 0.623
DrawGauge = true
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
// Atm.P. Isp iTan oTan
@key,0 = 0 3610 0 2.51E+07
@key,1 = 7.5E-06 3938 0 0
@key,2 = 0.0006 3316 0 0
@key,3 = 0.11 3706 0 0
@key,4 = 1 3200 -400 0
}
}
{
@heatProduction 275
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
@ratio = 0.73
{
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LqdOxygen
@ratio = 0.27
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 460
@key,1 = 0 370
}
}
}

EDIT: Should the SABREs also support Engine Ignitor?

Edited by Whovian

The new LANTR config does not work for me, i am getting NullReferenceException spam and no option to set anything in the "Show Engine GUI" window (altough the window appears, it is empty). I have a ton of mods installed, so it is probably one of them interfering here, but i couldnt find anything yet. Have already reinstalled RF and Stockalike RF Configs.

Here is the relevant bit of the log (taken when selecting the part in the vab):

Cannot find module 'ModuleEngines' (1856740933)
(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.SetThrust () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.ModuleHybridEngine.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

at RealFuels.ModuleHybridEngine.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

deleting part nuclearEngine-trimodal(Clone)

[SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy

[SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help; I've tested this and it should fix both the RAPIER and SABREs.

..snip..

EDIT: Should the SABREs also support Engine Ignitor?

Cool, I'll get that into the repo soon. And I'm not sure if the SABREs need to have EI on them or not. They're really designed to be like a jet engine, which as far as EI is concerned is pretty much unlimited restarts. I'd lean towards no, but what does everyone think?

The new LANTR config does not work for me, i am getting NullReferenceException spam and no option to set anything in the "Show Engine GUI" window (altough the window appears, it is empty). I have a ton of mods installed, so it is probably one of them interfering here, but i couldnt find anything yet. Have already reinstalled RF and Stockalike RF Configs.

Here is the relevant bit of the log (taken when selecting the part in the vab):

..snip..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Can't tell from the log myself, but I'd try it with just RealFuels and Stockalike installed and see if the config is busting with that engine. I don't think NathanKell changed anything with the multi-mode engines, but if he did that might be why. But from what I can tell the log is saying it can't find ModuleEngines. :confused: Which is a bit odd. I'll double check the configs just to be sure, though.

Just using RealFuels with the configs yields a working engine, I had just hoped to be able to avoid the trial-and-error method of finding the culprit amongst all those mods. Thanks anyways though :)

Which mods do you have? I can at least hazard a guess of which one it might be! :) It'd probably be anything that messes with engine configs or the ModuleEngine, if you can narrow that down.

EDIT: Updated the release and OP with the fixes from Whovian. Thanks again!

Edited by Raptor831

Oh yeah sure, that would be awesome! Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btvol085b183rdt/gamedata.png

Using Ubuntu 14.04 and the 64bit version of the game.

Yea that is most likely, I have already tried looking for anything that might modify the LV-N specifically, but i did not really find much. All other engines also work without any issues so i am somewhat clueless.

Thankyou for this config! I have been having a blast playing the 6.4x Kerbol mod with RealFuels and this config. This config gives the perfect balance of challenge and fun!

Could anyone suggest some rocket engines I should install from the mods this config supports? I would like to have a bit of a wider variety of engines to use to build my rockets. For example, I would really like a 900-1200 kn 2.5m upper stage engine. Right now I use KW, stock, and Interstellar engines, along with procedural SRBs. I have briefly tried both Nova Punch and AIES in the past, but it seemed to me like the engines in those mods were very close in specifications to stock and KW engines. I have yet to look at the other mods. Does anyone have any suggestions for engines that they find very useful when using this config?

Thankyou in advance!

Edited by Rabada

Oh yeah sure, that would be awesome! Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btvol085b183rdt/gamedata.png

Using Ubuntu 14.04 and the 64bit version of the game.

Yea that is most likely, I have already tried looking for anything that might modify the LV-N specifically, but i did not really find much. All other engines also work without any issues so i am somewhat clueless.

Best I can tell, I'd try removing KIDS, then the Engine Gimbal mod. I have about 80% of your mods in my game, so I don't know what else it would be. It could be anything that adjusts how engines work (and the LV-N trimodal is a very edge-case engine in the Stockalike config).

And I've not had any experience with a *nix install or 64-bit for my config, so you're in new territory there. That said, if RF is working fine then the config should be fine.

Thankyou for this config! I have been having a blast playing the 6.4x Kerbol mod with RealFuels and this config. This config gives the perfect balance of challenge and fun!

Could anyone suggest some rocket engines I should install from the mods this config supports? I would like to have a bit of a wider variety of engines to use to build my rockets. For example, I would really like a 900-1200 kn 2.5m upper stage engine. Right now I use KW, stock, and Interstellar engines, along with procedural SRBs. I have briefly tried both Nova Punch and AIES in the past, but it seemed to me like the engines in those mods were very close in specifications to stock and KW engines. I have yet to look at the other mods. Does anyone have any suggestions for engines that they find very useful when using this config?

Thankyou in advance!

First, you're welcome! And since I haven't mentioned it in this thread, the 6.4x Kerbol config has been picked up by Paul Kingtiger. His version (found here) is much more up to date.

As for new engines, for that range I'd look at FASA. The Titan 2nd stage engine (LR-91??) is about that thrust. Maybe SXT has some engines near there. Honestly, if you have Procedural Fairings, you can use the multi-node thrust plate thing and add a cluster of smaller engines to get close to your thrust needs.

Are the Rapier's supposed to use LqdHydrogen as well? Because they currently use Kerosene.

As of now, yes. In AJE, the SABREs use hydrogen and the RAPIERs use kerosene since both the SABREs and the RAPIERs are essentially the same thing. Gives you a reason to choose one over the other.

Ok, I've got my KSP install updated enough to test these properly again. I've noticed I'm behind on a few mods, so I want to ask a favor of you all: Let me know which mods have parts that aren't set up with Stockalike.

I've looked back through the thread, and someone said RLA was off. I've seen a few ones in my last test (that of course I can't remember which mod it is), so I know they're in there somewhere. Just leave a note here if you remember anything that's missing. I want to get this updated to the latest version of the mods it has, since I let this get a bit behind.

One thing I do know, KOSMOS updated recently and I haven't grabbed the new version to see. If anyone's using that, let me know if I need to update. I don't really use KOSMOS myself anymore (ran out of RAM), so it's a bit under my radar.

Thanks as always!

Ok, I've got my KSP install updated enough to test these properly again. I've noticed I'm behind on a few mods, so I want to ask a favor of you all: Let me know which mods have parts that aren't set up with Stockalike.

I'm not sure if you intended to have compatibility for them, but at least some parts in Modular Rocket Systems aren't set up. The fuel tanks seem hardcoded to LF/O, and it seems almost random whether an engine is configurable.

I'm not sure if you intended to have compatibility for them, but at least some parts in Modular Rocket Systems aren't set up. The fuel tanks seem hardcoded to LF/O, and it seems almost random whether an engine is configurable.

No, I intended to have them in the config. I thought I had all of the engines fixed up. Which ones did I miss?

And for reference, the tanks are not included with the Stockalike config. Technically, that's either Real Fuels' proper or the mod authors themselves' responsibility to add that in. We can submit pull requests to the MFT/RF repository also, so they can be included in the next RF version, which I'm doing for some of the tanks that I find missing.

No, I intended to have them in the config. I thought I had all of the engines fixed up. Which ones did I miss?

There's no config for the Terrier. Is there any post I can look at for the logic/conventions of how to write configs for the fuel tanks (whether it's always X units of LF/O converts to Y liters of capacity or if non-linear functions are used, etc)? It can't be too hard for me to write a config.

EDIT: Also, was the PB-ION intended to have 148 E/s electrical consumption? That's kind of 8.2 Gigantor XLs' worth of electrical consumption, and I'm wondering if it got changed to RF/RO's electricity units, and not changed back in this config.

Edited by Starman4308

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.