Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

The capture burn that was supposed to take ~13 minutes was going to take 20, and the fuel/electric ratio was completely different. Though I guess this is actually NFP doing that and you're just duplicating (I stopped checking once I found it) so that's on Nertea for making a weird design choice by altering stock parts.

Well, maybe I dun goofed too :P, I am going to check.

Alright, I didn't spot anything particularly whacky. The reason NFP lowers the ion drive's thrust is that it wants to create a nice balance progression - if it did not do that, you would have little if any reason to use some of the early thrusters that it provides.

Edited by Tellion

Boil rate also varies with solar temperature. I lost a ton of hydrogen on a trip to Eve, barely any on a trip to Duna, I'd assume it would have been empty if I tried to use it to brake at moho.

Starwaster worked on a solution for that (implementing some sort of insulation or active cooling mechanic I think) but I forgot it's name and did not save a link. If you really want a means to deal with boiloff, asking in the RF thread will probably get you there.

Starwaster worked on a solution for that (implementing some sort of insulation or active cooling mechanic I think) but I forgot it's name and did not save a link. If you really want a means to deal with boiloff, asking in the RF thread will probably get you there.

Mainly active cooling (refrigeration) but it also simulates insulation by lowering skin-internal conductivity and adjusting some other conductivity settings.

The end goal is that

1. Heat penetrating the skin should be comparable to that of a tank insulated with ~60 layers of insulation for an Earth->Mars trip. (having a radiator does this automagically)
  2. Active refrigeration coupled with radiators to take care of the rest; heat penetrating the skin is moved to the radiators.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128502-Heat-Pumps-for-Real-Fuels-v1-0-BETA-RC1-7-12-2015

It works but (issues)

Timewarping at speeds of 1000x and above use a special analytic mode for temperatures that immediately raises internal temperatures. (stock problem)

Conductivity may not be properly balanced and was done so with RSS in mind so numbers could use adjusting for stock

Electrical consumption for stock.

But, it works. Feedback would be nice but is lacking and I won't hold my breath waiting.

I am confused with the Ignitor configs, does ignitionsAvialible = 0 means infinite?

(The ignition configs are a bit too strict and I am working to make it better for RSS/FRKSP(a realistic pack released in our own forum, once called RKSP).)

Edited by 01010101lzy

I've confirmed the no effects problem for the LV-909 and the Quadroodle from R&SCapsuledyne.

This is with the recommended RealPlume config.

It seems as if KW engines are not being affected, while others are. You might want to go check what is with KW that negates the problem.

Also if you have an idea of how long it would take to get your release out, please tell us :)

I at least want proper ignition amounts for the engines before I start going back to my carrier game.

- - - Updated - - -

I am confused with the Ignitor configs, does ignitionsAvialible = 0 means infinite?

(The ignition configs are a bit too strict and I am working to make it better for RSS/FRKSP(a realistic pack released in our own forum, once called RKSP).)

-1 should mean infinite if I remember correctly.

I've confirmed the no effects problem for the LV-909 and the Quadroodle from R&SCapsuledyne.

This is with the recommended RealPlume config.

It seems as if KW engines are not being affected, while others are. You might want to go check what is with KW that negates the problem.

Also if you have an idea of how long it would take to get your release out, please tell us :)

I at least want proper ignition amounts for the engines before I start going back to my carrier game.

- - - Updated - - -

-1 should mean infinite if I remember correctly.

I see, but the stock nuke was set to 0, is that unignitable or infinite?

--edited--

Done with the EI-style RF Ignitor setting.

DL here>>https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BEBF8E98DF54F75A!700&authkey=!AOcWKXQwZl_S4j0&ithint=file%2czip

(And yes, Onedrive is the only way to share files with people outside our GFW...)

Edited by 01010101lzy

Well, you can try this: http://cl.ly/code/0Z3X2d0R2w1L Just put it anywhere in GameData. I dunno if this works at all, I tossed it together really fast. But your early TL engines won't throttle, and your late engines will throttle down to around 10%. This only affects L, L+, U, U+, and O engines. If it works, let me know. If you like it, I can maybe clean it up and make it available somewhere on the OP.

I don't think this works. I think the engines may still need to have minthrust set to match within the MODULE ModuleEnignes* node. I have the patch in use and it definitely doesn't limit min throttle like you would think. Maybe something RealFuels needs to fix in their code? IDK.

The RealPlume configs don't cover every engine we have in Stockalike. That's a lot of engines, and I'm really happy Svm420 was able to get what he did so quickly. The rest will come over time. Alternatively, you could try the Stock configs for RealPlume, but make sure they use ModuleEnginesRF and not ModuleEnginesFX. Or even HotRockets, with the same caveat. The engines that break used ModuleEngines, which do not use EFFECTS nodes by default. Switching them in this manner completely nukes their effects, so you just need to get EFFECTS nodes set up for them. It's "simple" but it just takes some time. :)

@Svm420 I'm not surprised if it doesn't work. Min throttle needs to be set to something above 0 to be not fully throttleable. I threw that config together in about 10 minutes. If it's something that we want to add, I can make the throttling default.

Also, ignitions, you should get unlimited with anything below 1. 0 or -1. I could be wrong, since I don't remember what the code looks for, but I'm pretty sure it's assumed that all engines have at least 1 ignition, so anything below that would imply unlimited.

On another note, my adventures in Linux ended unsatisfactorily. I'm apparently a bit too frugal with my hardware, which is so old the newer versions of Ubuntu and the associated drivers don't like it. :sigh: Might try again later, but my quest for more mods has ended. Back to working on the issues here. :wink:

Also, ignitions, you should get unlimited with anything below 1. 0 or -1. I could be wrong, since I don't remember what the code looks for, but I'm pretty sure it's assumed that all engines have at least 1 ignition, so anything below that would imply unlimited.

Looked at it, and Engine Ignitors code does look for a value of -1 for infinite, but in the RF config you want it to be 0. Less than 0 and it sets the number of ignitions to tech level - ignitions.

Looked at it, and Engine Ignitors code does look for a value of -1 for infinite, but in the RF config you want it to be 0. Less than 0 and it sets the number of ignitions to tech level - ignitions.

That's right. Thanks, Starwaster, didn't remember the tech level detail.

The game freezes when I use symmetry on RCS thrusters.

Since RF Engine Configs itself is primarily just a set of configs for other plugins, it's likely that the problem is with one of those other plugins, probably RCSFX given that it happens when placing RCS parts. Make sure you have the latest version of it. And check your logs for errors. That may well have more data on the problem and give you an idea of where you need to be reporting this.

Is anyone thinking about making a config for Ven's stock park revamp? Because I would love you forever for it :)

I'll probably set those up this weekend. Some of it should already work, I think I just need to add the MK1-2 capsule RCS, the new srbs, and the engine that look like an SSME.

There's something odd about the CryoEngines config - all of the engines have engineType = L, even the upper stages (which should probably be U+ except for maybe the Yucatan). I would make this change myself, but I'm entirely unsure if any other parameters need to be adjusted.

There's something odd about the CryoEngines config - all of the engines have engineType = L, even the upper stages (which should probably be U+ except for maybe the Yucatan). I would make this change myself, but I'm entirely unsure if any other parameters need to be adjusted.

Hrm. I'll take a look at that. I thought they were a little more broad than that, to be honest.

How do i get engine ignitor and ullage system to work. all but some engine doesn't have it working

Found out the problem it has to do with ScanSat and Astronomer's visual pack mod. when i install those mods the engine ignitor and ullage system doesn't work anyone having this issue.

Found out the problem it has to do with ScanSat and Astronomer's visual pack mod. when i install those mods the engine ignitor and ullage system doesn't work anyone having this issue.

I've used ScanSat without any problems. Engines without configs (default to 45/55 kerosene/LqdOxygen) or recently updated configs won't require ullage. I don't think they they will have limited ignitions, either. In the VAB/SPH description they will have "not subject to ullage" where the number of ignitions are usually shown.

Anybody else having these problems with new configs: No current stage delta-v info in KER while the engines are running. & Throttle limits don't work. All my engines can throttle down all the way to 0 thrust.

Yeah, neither one of those should have anything to do with the ullage/ignitions at all. If you could, post up your logs somewhere so we can take a look.

RE: RLA - Oh, boy, new toys to set up! :wink: I'll put those on my list of additions.

Actually on vacation at the moment, so forgive the lack of updates. @lurkaholic I see the PR you did for the Stock Revamp engines, so that should be in place soon. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.