Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

And in response to Raptor, it would seem like quite the task to get RF and a mod that uses IFS to play well together, which means that I'll either be learning something useful soon or just not using the mod that uses IFS.

It's really the responsibility of individual mod authors not to install fuel switching modules on their parts in the presence of RealFuels. Some do it correctly, others don't.

It's really the responsibility of individual mod authors not to install fuel switching modules on their parts in the presence of RealFuels. Some do it correctly, others don't.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on my mod list to see which one of them has ISF, and try to stray away from it when I find it.

Ok, I will be releasing an update to RFStockalike soon. I'm going to just freeze what I have in the repo and go from there. Also, as it seems ModuleRCSFX is no longer needed (it's essentially replaced by new stock functionality), that will be dropped as a dependancy. But it also means I'll need to double-check on how that needs to be accounted for in the configs. In addition, Svm240's RealPlume configs will be included, and they should activate if Real Plume is installed. There is no dependency on Real Plume, but since RF made the move to use a new module your effects still might be lacking on any non-MEFX-derived engines.

The biggest change will be the install location. I've moved the stockalike configs to their own folder in /GameData/ per NathanKell's suggestion. It'll make it easier to install/uninstall and much easier to troubleshoot. CKAN will get updated once the release is made. If you're using the dev version from the repo right now, then you're already set.

Also, this isn't technically v1.0.5 ready yet, since this is just a config set for RealFuels. If RF works in v1.0.5 though, I don't see a reason these configs won't work. But until RF gets an "official" v1.0.5 release, RFStockalike isn't ready. Ok, PSA over. :)

Incidentally, I've been thinking a lot lately about RealFuels / MFS, and how I'd do things differently if I could start over.

One thing I've been considering, is tearing out NathanKell's excellent 'engine upgrade' code and forking it into its own mod. I think ideally, we'd have three different mods:

- ModularFuelTanks, which just handles fuel tanks.

- ModularEngines, which just handles engines that can have their fuel types switched in the VAB.

- UpgradeableTech, which allows existing parts (not just engines) to be 'improved' when new tech nodes are unlocked.

At which point, RealFuels just becomes a package installation of those three mods, plus ModuleManager and a bunch of .cfg files - rather than having to maintain a forked code base.

Now that I have the time and resources, I'm thinking of getting back into modding full-time. Starwaster, how would you feel about me reclaiming MFT/RealFuels?

Raptor, should I (or anybody) post any problems that are seen with the dev version of your configs, or wait until you release them officially?

If you got 'em, post 'em. If it's a legitimate bug, I'll try and fix it before release. My "freeze" is more on new mod/part support and other new "features" I was planning.

If you got 'em, post 'em. If it's a legitimate bug, I'll try and fix it before release. My "freeze" is more on new mod/part support and other new "features" I was planning.

The bug I am seeing is freezing during game startup. Upon reaching the AIES microEngineSE1 during the ModuleManager patching phase, the game freezes. Deleting AIES continues the loading phase, but freezes when reaching an engine from KW Rocketry. When removing both Real Fuels and your configs, the game starts up normally. I will provide you with my KSP.log file, just in case it helps. Should I also post this to Real Fuels' thread, seeing as how Real Fuels must be deleted to cause the game to startup?

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n1raxx70j8t2j4/KSPlog.zip?dl=0

The bug I am seeing is freezing during game startup. Upon reaching the AIES microEngineSE1 during the ModuleManager patching phase, the game freezes. Deleting AIES continues the loading phase, but freezes when reaching an engine from KW Rocketry. When removing both Real Fuels and your configs, the game starts up normally. I will provide you with my KSP.log file, just in case it helps. Should I also post this to Real Fuels' thread, seeing as how Real Fuels must be deleted to cause the game to startup?

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n1raxx70j8t2j4/KSPlog.zip?dl=0

It's broken because SolverEngines, a dependency of RF, hasn't been updated.

It's broken because SolverEngines, a dependency of RF, hasn't been updated.

I'm assuming that the problem wouldn't be fixed by simply taking SolverEngine's source code and compiling it against KSP 1.0.5? I would guess that KSP 1.0.5 introduced some new module for handling engines that renders SolverEngine's current code obsolete?

I'm assuming that the problem wouldn't be fixed by simply taking SolverEngine's source code and compiling it against KSP 1.0.5? I would guess that KSP 1.0.5 introduced some new module for handling engines that renders SolverEngine's current code obsolete?

No, aside from specific changes being needed in the code, the configs themselves need to be changed to not use ModuleAnimateEmissive. That will let you load up with the prerelease of RF and these configs. (I didn't put up a release I couldn't use myself ;))

No, aside from specific changes being needed in the code, the configs themselves need to be changed to not use ModuleAnimateEmissive. That will let you load up with the prerelease of RF and these configs. (I didn't put up a release I couldn't use myself ;))

Alrighty, Starwaster, thank you for the info! The (necessary) wait is just killing me; a game without Real Fuels and all of its awesome features isn't much of a game at all. Let us hope that NathanKell is able to update SolverEngines soon. Oh, and if I recall correctly, isn't NathanKell working with Squad? If so, I am assuming that might delay any possible update of SolverEngines, correct?

Alrighty, Starwaster, thank you for the info! The (necessary) wait is just killing me; a game without Real Fuels and all of its awesome features isn't much of a game at all. Let us hope that NathanKell is able to update SolverEngines soon. Oh, and if I recall correctly, isn't NathanKell working with Squad? If so, I am assuming that might delay any possible update of SolverEngines, correct?

The SolverEngines update is basically done, if you download the repository the game will no longer crash on load. Not sure that the configs are updated to not use ModuleAnimateEmissive though - but worst case scenario the emissives will just be broken.

Ok, big release day. :wink: Updated the configs "officially" today. New release is up on the OP. Download from GitHub from the latest releases page.

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]WARNING[/COLOR][/SIZE]
CKAN users might want to wait to download, or install manually until the NetKAN updates. I've released a PR to the main CKAN registry, but I don't know when it will drop. Should be within a day, but you have been warned!

As always, let me know what crops up. I'm sure we'll find stuff.

[quote name='blowfish']The SolverEngines update is basically done, if you download [url=https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines]the repository[/url] the game will no longer crash on load. Not sure that the configs are updated to not use ModuleAnimateEmissive though - but worst case scenario the emissives will just be broken.[/QUOTE]

Done and done, my friend! I must have missed this release during my daily SolverEngines update check. Thank you for the heads-up.

[quote name='Raptor831']Ok, big release day. :wink: Updated the configs "officially" today. New release is up on the OP. Download from GitHub from the latest releases page.

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]WARNING[/COLOR][/SIZE]
CKAN users might want to wait to download, or install manually until the NetKAN updates. I've released a PR to the main CKAN registry, but I don't know when it will drop. Should be within a day, but you have been warned!

As always, let me know what crops up. I'm sure we'll find stuff.[/QUOTE]

Very good news, indeed! I can't wait to try these out. If I see anything peculiar upon their installation, I'll be sure to notify you. Until then (if ever), farewell.

By the way, Raptor, I know it has only been a couple hours since posting the update, but should you remove the warning in the OP regarding the need to download the Real Plumes configs, seeing as how your configs now include them? You most likely had already intended on doing this, but I figured I would provide you with a heads-up just in case you hadn't :) Edited by fallout2077

[B]@fallout2077[/B] Best to check your logfile. What part did it hang on and why (at least what the log said)?

Also, I did check on the Tantares issue. Basically, there's a config in both Stockalike and the Tantares mod itself to add configs. At one point there was a flag set in the Tantares config file to prevent either of us from overwriting the other, but it's not there anymore. I haven't decided if I should just pull my config completely or figure out a way to play nice. In the meantime, you can safely remove the Stockalike_Tantares.cfg file and the issue should be resolved.

[quote name='fallout2077']Well, despite using the new versions of the configs, Real Fuels, and SolverEngines, I am still experiencing hanging at the same point in the loading process.[/QUOTE]

I see a few problems here that can trip you up. Assuming you downloaded SolverEngines and installed that.

[LIST=1]
[*]The pre-release of RealFuels was compiled using the older version of SolverEngines. That hasn't changed
[*]The pre-release of RealFuels has a copy of SolverEngines.dll (and ModuleAnimateEmissive) lurking in its plugin folder and they're not supposed to be there. (oops, that is my fault)
[*]AIES might have a direct reference to ModuleAnimateEmissive.
[/LIST]

At least one of the above conditions has to change.

If you fix #2 (go in and delete SolverEngines.dll from RealFuels/Plugins) that might be enough until #1 is taken care of. #3 might be irrelevant once it no longer has ModuleAnimateEmissive to latch onto. (it would still generate some warnings in the log and might not have proper emissions) but shouldn't hang the game. (going to go hotfix #2 right now) Edited by Starwaster

@Raptor - The last 20 or so lines of the log file refer to an inability to find a PartModule of typename "ModuleEngineConfigs", and one part from AIES (what is showing during startup when it hangs) is unable to find a PartModule of typename "ModuleEnginesRF". Actually, all of those errors refer to AIES parts. The last two "paragraphs" of the log file do appear to be an error with SolverEngines.ModuleAnimateEmissive.

@Starwaster - I actually did try removing SolverEngines.dll from RealFuels/plugins, though to no avail. Although, based on the errors in the log file, it would appear that the problems do stwm from a combination of SolverEngines, ModuleAnimateEmissive, and SolverEngines (or Real Fuels).

[B]@fallout2077[/B] Yeah, sounds like AIES is tripping you up. I'd check around for a ModuleAnimateEmissive MM patch to update it, and try that. Also, you could just remove the references from each config individually, but that might not be the best long-term solution. Also, try removing the AIES folder and seeing if you can load the game. If it loads without AIES, then you can at least narrow it down to simply that folder.

[quote name='Raptor831'][B]@fallout2077[/B] Yeah, sounds like AIES is tripping you up. I'd check around for a ModuleAnimateEmissive MM patch to update it, and try that. Also, you could just remove the references from each config individually, but that might not be the best long-term solution. Also, try removing the AIES folder and seeing if you can load the game. If it loads without AIES, then you can at least narrow it down to simply that folder.[/QUOTE]

I removed AIES, only to have the loader hang on FASA. I'll check the log file and see if it contains the same type of errors as before.

EDIT - - Here are the lines where the errors start being produced. The "NoFailureModules" error is a new one, as well is the inability to find an fx group for the decouplers.

[CODE][LOG 11:11:36.723] [DangIt]: DangItTank[-166878]: OnLoad: loaded leakName null
[ERR 11:11:36.726] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'NoFailureModules'

[ERR 11:11:36.737] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 11:11:36.747] PartLoader: Part 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FASA_Apollo_LES/FASAApollo_LES' has no database record. Creating.
[ERR 11:11:36.756] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 11:11:36.764] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'FASAApollo.LES'
[LOG 11:11:36.787] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/Apollo_APS/FASAApolloAPS'
[LOG 11:11:36.829] PartLoader: Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/Apollo_APS/FASAApolloAPS' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:11:36.847] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'FASAApolloAPS'
[LOG 11:11:36.869] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/LFE_F1/FASAApolloLFEF1'
[ERR 11:11:36.932] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEngineConfigs'

[LOG 11:11:36.954] PartLoader: Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/LFE_F1/FASAApolloLFEF1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:11:36.973] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'FASAApolloLFEF1'
[LOG 11:11:37.006] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Eng/LFE_H1/FASAApolloLFEH1'
[ERR 11:11:37.011] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleEnginesRF'

[EXC 11:11:37.015] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleAnimateHeat.draperPoint' not found.
SolverEngines.ModuleAnimateEmissive.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 11:11:37.020] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleAnimateHeat.draperPoint' not found.
SolverEngines.ModuleAnimateEmissive.OnStart (StartState state)
Part.ModulesOnStart ()
Part+.MoveNext ()[/CODE]

By the way, I tried to paste the info into a collapsible code format that I often see people use on the KSP forums, but I don't quite know how to do that. So, sorry if the post with log file is too long. Edited by fallout2077
Updated with Info

[quote name='fallout2077']I removed AIES, only to have the loader hang on FASA. I'll check the log file and see if it contains the same type of errors as before.

EDIT - - Here are the lines where the errors start being produced. The "NoFailureModules" error is a new one, as well is the inability to find an fx group for the decouplers.

<SNIP! error>

By the way, I tried to paste the info into a collapsible code format that I often see people use on the KSP forums, but I don't quite know how to do that. So, sorry if the post with log file is too long.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure this is for the same thing but it looks like it should work. Totally untested by me; blowfish chime in maybe? Anyway I cribbed this from something he posted in the KWR thread.

[CODE]
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]
{
@name = FXModuleAnimateThrottle
animationName = #$ThermalAnim$
!ThermalAnim = DELETE
}
}
[/CODE]

To spoilerify something (collapsible)

[noparse]
[SPOILER=type some spoiler name here]
See how that works?
[/SPOILER]
[/noparse]

Looks like this:
[SPOILER=type some spoiler name here]
See how that works?
[/SPOILER]

Now, how did I make the spoiler tags show up without getting parsed?

[noparse]
[noparse]
No tags between these tags will be parsed. (I even had to surround those two tags in [noparse][/noparse][/noparse])
[/noparse]

Edit: As blowfish said, SolverEngines is updated but the full RF update isn't ready yet. I'm still working out some thermal issues and I'm not sure if any other contributions might not be ready yet. Edited by Starwaster

[quote name='blowfish']You still have ModuleAnimateEmissive.dll lurking around somewhere. You should also apply Starwaster's patch to make sure that parts have working thermal anims, but you need to find and delete the DLL.[/QUOTE]

I deleted the actual ModuelAnimateEmissive folder in GameData, and performing a search of my GameData folder with "ModuleAnimateEmissive" returns no results, so I am assuming (and hoping) that means ModuleAnimateEmissive is extinct from my install. I'll repost with my results. I'll also copy and paste that patch of Starwaster's into a config and see what happens.

EDIT

With the changes, KSP started successfully. But, when starting a new game, Real Fuels does not seem to functioning (none of the fuel/oxidizers from RF, and the engines are unchanged with none of the options that Real Fuels allows for). I will try deleting the ModuleManager cache files and see if the results are different. Be right back.

EDIT

Deleting the cache files didn't help. Edited by fallout2077

[quote name='fallout2077']I deleted the actual ModuelAnimateEmissive folder in GameData, and performing a search of my GameData folder with "ModuleAnimateEmissive" returns no results, so I am assuming (and hoping) that means ModuleAnimateEmissive is extinct from my install. I'll repost with my results. I'll also copy and paste that patch of Starwaster's into a config and see what happens.

EDIT

With the changes, KSP started successfully. But, when starting a new game, Real Fuels does not seem to functioning (none of the fuel/oxidizers from RF, and the engines are unchanged with none of the options that Real Fuels allows for). I will try deleting the ModuleManager cache files and see if the results are different. Be right back.

EDIT

Deleting the cache files didn't help.[/QUOTE]

output_log.txt (not ksp.log please)
ModuleManager.ConfigCache

Post those files please.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.