Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

3 hours ago, YauS said:

Why Hypergolic propellant and  Monopropellant require ignition?

Depends on the engine.  For pressure fed engines (generally marked as orbital in RF Stockalike), you have effectively unlimited ignitions, but for pump-fed engines (here, anything but orbital), the hard part is getting the pumps going, not lighting the propellant (even for non-hypergolics, lighting the propellant is the easy part).

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to get configs for VENSstock revamp VECTOR engine? 

I've tried that engine part out and it is still using the stock plumes.

Please and thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread!

Edited by TeeGee

• 1 month later...

:taps mic: This thing still on?

I'm watching Real Fuels for their 1.1 update to make sure these are still good. I assume it'll be fine as long as RF doesn't change much.

@TeeGee @davidy12 I can add those to the "Please add these" list. But @blowfish is right, there's no way I can support every mod on my own, even if I'm fully active around here. There is a tool to create configs found here: http://bit.ly/rfstockalike You can make use of that to roll your own config sets, and you can submit engines there and submit a PR on the repo if you want them included. If you do want to submit some, just make sure they mostly stack up with the other engines.

Ok, Real Fuels 11.0 is out. I'm going to start testing with the current version of the configs on 1.1.2.

Please test things out, if you can, using the repo version (i.e. download the .zip and not a release). If you find trouble and want to post, make sure you let me know exactly what engines are not working, exactly what is not working, and preferably be able to replicate it with the minimal mods installed (i.e. RF, Stockalike, single part pack). MM cache, logs, and screenshots also help tremendously.

Once I get at least a few confirmations outside of myself, I'll update the thread to indicate we're good on RF v11/KSP v1.1.2. Then we can add new goodies.

EDIT: Initial tests for me indicate everything should be working fine (or at least as it was before).

Edited by Raptor831
Testing Update

Sabre engines, possible due to their toggle being special (something about a 'MODULE'), have lost their rocket ISP. Modifying the actual b9 part to the real ISP values (360-460) provides more realistic dV values.

1 hour ago, SirusKing said:

Sabre engines, possible due to their toggle being special (something about a 'MODULE'), have lost their rocket ISP. Modifying the actual b9 part to the real ISP values (360-460) provides more realistic dV values.

Can you share your MM cache and log?

54 minutes ago, SirusKing said:

KSP.log in your root KSP directory.  Something seems to be modifying those parts after RF Stockalike and the log will probably reveal it

Edited by blowfish

Ah, this would be a biased set of files then. I manually changed the ISP of the M to 460 and the S to 440 (Inside the b9 parts folder, which gives the base parts stats), so it will show up there. The fact that it shows there says that your patch probably isn't effecting their isp at all (explaining why their airbreathing seems kinda bad). Other engines work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ckazcspnzboru/KSP.log?dl=0

TPOBbrR.jpg you can see here the ISP is the base values and it doesn't have the engine tab other engines do.

Edited by SirusKing

@SirusKing Sorry to ask even more, but could you delete your ModuleManager.ConfigCache, reload KSP, and then re-post the log?  MM does caching which makes it difficult to see what patches are being applied and in what order.

And yeah, the fact that you modified stuff in B9 and it got through suggests that something strange is happening.  The base atmosphereCurve should be overwritten by RF Stockalike.  

Air-breathing Isp is set by AJE (which is also my domain), and it's possible that it's too low.  What range of Isp values are you getting over the course of the ascent?

@SirusKing @blowfish Ok, digging through the log I'm finding these things acting on the SABRE medium in this order:

1. AJE patch for RSS (line 4293)
  2. Normal AJE patch (line 4294)
  3. DRE patch (line 4596)
  4. The !AJE Stockalike patch (line 6972 from B9_modularEngines.cfg)
  5. The other Stockalike patch (line 6974 from B9_SABRE.cfg)
  6. RealPlume patch (line 7531)

#4 confuses me the most, since I thought that :NEEDS[!AJE,RealFuels] would mean if AJE isn't found and RealFuels is found (i.e. logical AND). I think that's what's messing it up, since that'll nuke things in the AJE patches for sure. You could try removing that file and seeing if it works as advertised then.

Re-generating the MM cache with your edits removed, SirusKing, would be helpful, just to see what the actual mods are doing. Also, FYI, usually when modders ask for logs it's the output_log.txt file. In my case, I can infer from either, since I only need notices. Anyone who needs information on an exception won't be helped there. :wink:

EDIT: Corrected after reading output_log.txt

Edited by Raptor831

Here ya go, clean without my mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oob4zbwaaxdt0un/ModuleManagertttttt.ConfigCache?dl=0

Also, The range of ISPs varied from 2000 to 4000 at 20km, but it burnt through fuel only slightly slower than the rocket engines (2/3rds of the entire tank was gone in 4 minutes)

Edited by SirusKing

So I've been trying to learn MM by doing trying to modify behaviour of these mods for my career save. I haven't started a save or anything yet, just setting up still. Basically I only want the engine ignitor functionality. I managed to revert all the tanks to using their stock fuels only by deleted the appropriate modular tank .cfgs

In experimenting with removing different parts of the engine .cfgs included with this though have not yet yeilded any stock engines running their old stock resources or requiring engine ignitor (did see ignitions show up after installing everything before I started mucking about).

I've been noodling around the MM thread, but that is all way above my head. Can anyone help me out?

@SirusKing The refreshed log would still be useful.  MM tells you what patches it's applying and why if it's not loading from cache.  If you could possibly delete the cache again, load KSP, and then upload your log it would be very helpful in debugging this.

The weird thing is that something is changing the fuel to hydrolox, but the RF-Stockalike patches also modify the Isp so if it were those that should be showing too.

40 minutes ago, SirusKing said:

You didn't delete the cache first.

[LOG 21:02:57.620] [ModuleManager] useCache = True

If you delete the cache, that will be replaced with a list of all the patches MM is applying.  I think we can figure out what's going on here, but this is looking like quite a subtle issue so it's going to take some digging.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.