Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2016 at 5:12 PM, Canis Dirus Leidy said:

I have found that many plumes misaligned and wrongly scaled (see, for example, much-suffering LV-909).

On 6/15/2016 at 8:23 PM, Raptor831 said:

I've also noticed some of the plumes are not quite dialed in. If you can help, it would be appreciated!

So I've spent the last 4 hours changing the localPosition's for ALL of the plumes in both the Squad and Realfuels_Extra_Parts RealPlume configs.. Though it'll probably take a few more hours to finish as I haven't even aligned the plumes for different fuel configurations, just the default ones. I'll be sure to post the new configs here when I'm done with them, I was hoping to actually play KSP tonight but it's now past 6 AM and I couldn't stand those misaligned plumes. They were literally driving me crazy. :confused:

EDIT: Also behold, my monstrosity of a testing platform. :o

ea5efe26cb0d9fc71298264d20a18c38.jpg

EDIT: Alright I've learned my lesson about trying to test all the engines at once.. I've now found it's easier to just test one engine at a time and quickly iterate on the plume settings for that engine. It's much quicker to refine the plume to where it looks good this way.

Progress Report: So I've been working on these plumes for 9 hours now.. That's right 9 HOURS. I really need to stop trying to be a perfectionist with all of these plumes, I mean really how good can placement make them look when the plume itself is the same as always? Really I should just be putting the plume in generally the right spot and moving on to the next engine, but the perfectionist in me has me sitting here pushing my face up against my monitor to make sure everything is exactly how I want it to look... Oh right, this was a progress report.. Uhhh.. I've finished all fuel configurations of the plumes on the following engines (Note: These are both Squad and RF engines): "24-77 "Twitch" Liquid Fuel Engine", "48-7S "Spark" Liquid Fuel Engine", "Coxswain", "LV-1 "Ant" Liquid Fuel Engine", "LV-1R "Spider" Liquid Fuel Engine", "LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine", and "LV-N "Nerv" Atomic Rocket Motor".. That's it. Earlier when I started I did a basic pass on all SRB's so they'll be pretty quick to finalize, though one thing I've noticed is that there are a few engines that aren't showing any plumes at all no matter what I seem to do, those engines are as follows: "IX-6315 "Dawn" Electric Propulsion System", "LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor, trimodal", "O-10 "Puff" MonoPropellant Fuel Engine", and "RT-5 "Flea" Solid Fuel Booster". Also aside from the ones that won't show a plume at all, there are a few engines that aren't applying the changes I'm making in the config, those engines are as follows: "Rockomax 56-8U", "S3 KS-25 "Vector" Liquid Fuel Engine", and half the Jet Engines (can't remember which ones off the top of my head, you shouldn't be using the plumes for Jet Engines from this mod anyways, go use Advanced Jet Engine by blowfish) Anyways the good news is that the "S3 KS-25 "Vector" Liquid Fuel Engine already has a properly placed plume, the bad news is that the "Rockomax 56-8U" does not. Anyways I've rambled on long enough, time to spend what'll probably be another 5 hours on plumes. :rolleyes:

Progress Report: Alright so I've literally been working on these plumes for the last 15 hours straight (minus an approx 40 minute break somewhere around the 9 hour mark), I've now gotten all of the SRB plumes finalized and have finished all of the tier 0 and 1 Liquid Fuel Engines. All I have remaining currently are the "RE-L10 "Poodle" Liquid Fuel Engine", "RE-15 "Skipper" Liquid Fuel Engine", "RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine", "LFB KR-1x2 "Twin-Boar" Liquid Fuel Engine", "Kerbodyne KR-2L+ "Rhino" Liquid Fuel Engine", and "S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine". Aside from that I may try and figure out how to fix some of the broken plumes on engines which I mentioned in the last progress report, however if I can't find solutions to the 4 engines without plumes and the other 4 engines with apparently non-editable plumes then I'll just end up posting the plumes I've finished regardless. Anyways... I've been without sleep for over 24 hours, so that'll all have to wait until tomorrow. (Hey maybe someone will have actually read these by then! :rolleyes:)

EDIT: Here's a pretty plume for you guys to look at while I go sleep, looking forward to getting all the plumes I've worked on out tomorrow. :)

b1e55116af561a7ad51a69e0b96a6b28.png

Update: So I've just woken up and discovered that apparently there is an in-game editor for these plumes! I really wish I had of known that yesterday as it would have saved me all the time I spent on reloading the ModuleManager database between changes.

Progress Report: Alright so after discovering that there is an in-game plume editor via SmokeScreen, I decided that I had to go over all of the plumes for the engines I had already done again, as it allowed me more flexibility than my previous methods of editing the plumes. With that being said, after yet another 14 hours straight of working on these plumes I've now finished all Liquid Fuel and Solid Fuel engines. That leaves the jet engines (excluding the RAPIER which is done) as well as the following, which appear to have broken plumes to which I've yet to find a proper solution to fix: "IX-6315 "Dawn" Electric Propulsion System", "LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor, trimodal", "O-10 "Puff" MonoPropellant Fuel Engine", "Rockomax 56-8U", and "RT-5 "Flea" Solid Fuel Booster". I'm going to attempt to fix the problems with these engines, but so far I can't seem to figure anything out. Let's all hope that my next progress report will include the new plume configs.

Update: Alright so I've posted a thread looking for assistance with fixing some of these broken plumes.

UPDATE: Alright so after an entire day of trying to fix the broken plumes on the engines mentioned above, I've been unable to come up with a solution. That being said I've decided to post the new plume configurations that I've done as they are. Most of them work however if anyone manages to come up with a solution to the ones that don't work, please let me know so I can update the configs.

RealPlume-RFStockalike-Squad-RF_Extras-1.1

Edited by CoriW

• 2 weeks later...

Your configs end up needing ullage and have limited reignitions even when setting limitedingitions and simulateullage to false.

Edit:ullage was set to 'fale', still getting limited ignitions though.

Edited by Requia

8 hours ago, Requia said:

Your configs end up needing ullage and have limited reignitions even when setting limitedingitions and simulateullage to false.

Edit:ullage was set to 'fale', still getting limited ignitions though.

Ermm, these are just RealPlume configs for RealFuels, they shouldn't effect any of the actual RealFuels settings such as ullage or ignitions. You should be putting them in the "RealPlume-RFStockalike" folder and overwriting when prompted.

EDIT: Updated the download to include file structure, so it's more clear where the files go.

Edited by CoriW

Does this set of configs affect the stock fuel cells?  I see in the R&D they are still listed as using "liquid fuel".  

If not I can write a config myself to have them use LqdOxygen and LqdHydrogen (assuming I can work out some decent numbers).

19 minutes ago, autumnalequinox said:

Does this set of configs affect the stock fuel cells?  I see in the R&D they are still listed as using "liquid fuel".  

If not I can write a config myself to have them use LqdOxygen and LqdHydrogen (assuming I can work out some decent numbers).

If you do, you might want to check out the fuel cells configs in Universal Storage.  I think they use Oxygen and Hydrogen gas, so you would want to convert that to equivalent amounts of LqdOxygen and LqdHydrogen. 

21 minutes ago, lurkoholic said:

If you do, you might want to check out the fuel cells configs in Universal Storage.  I think they use Oxygen and Hydrogen gas, so you would want to convert that to equivalent amounts of LqdOxygen and LqdHydrogen. 

I was thinking of that.  I just DLed it to use in my modpack and as a reference for the fuel cells. :)  I think there is a RP-0 or RO config that changes them to liquid cryo-fuel as well so I'm going to likely try to merge all these togethers and make equivilant configs for stock fuel cells and the MRS/RLA cells as well.

(trying to track down the config that changed them in RP-0 right now)

Edit:  Found the config, it's tuned for RO so I'm going to have to edit it for stock EC and then apply it to the other cells (the others may run directly off the liquids, while the US one has a built-in converter).

Perhaps I'll make the stock cells run "hotter" with more output since they will lack a built-in converter.  Of course this means they can't be used to bolster life support systems.

Edited by autumnalequinox
final

@lurkoholic @autumnalequinox

After the next Real Fuels update (IMNSHO) all fuel cells using liquid hydrogen / liquid oxygen should convert over to gas.

The reason I say this is that cryogenic boiloff  will produce gaseous versions of those resources if there are tanks to receive them. So, throw in a few sump tanks to catch that boiloff and use that for life support and fuel cells.

The way things are now, quite a bit of waste is going on with fuel cells that use LH2/LOX.

That's actually how Apollo's fuel cells worked except that the actual heat leakage only accounted for a fraction of the amount needed for life support and fuel cell consumption. (which is why they needed heaters inside the tanks...)

2 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@lurkoholic @autumnalequinox

After the next Real Fuels update (IMNSHO) all fuel cells using liquid hydrogen / liquid oxygen should convert over to gas.

The reason I say this is that cryogenic boiloff  will produce gaseous versions of those resources if there are tanks to receive them. So, throw in a few sump tanks to catch that boiloff and use that for life support and fuel cells.

The way things are now, quite a bit of waste is going on with fuel cells that use LH2/LOX.

That's actually how Apollo's fuel cells worked except that the actual heat leakage only accounted for a fraction of the amount needed for life support and fuel cell consumption. (which is why they needed heaters inside the tanks...)

Ooo ok sweet.  A long time ago I built a little personal part that basically did that, it allowed you to "capture" fuel (aka direct convert) for use in Universal Storage cells.  This was before I dealt with boiloff by adding Real Fuels (and before it was implemented in cryo engines I believe).

Can't wait for this feature.  Every gram counts. :)

Anyone getting offset thrust?  The plumes seem to be coming from deep within the engine (directly from the chamber) and I get a little spin with each burn in orbit, out of atmo.  It's strong enough to yaw to the right significantly.  Center of thrust and center of mass seem aligned fine in the VAB, however.

Nevermind:  The fault is with some of Ven's models.  Headin' over there.

Edited by autumnalequinox
correction

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 1:03 AM, autumnalequinox said:

Anyone getting offset thrust?  The plumes seem to be coming from deep within the engine (directly from the chamber) and I get a little spin with each burn in orbit, out of atmo.  It's strong enough to yaw to the right significantly.  Center of thrust and center of mass seem aligned fine in the VAB, however.

Nevermind:  The fault is with some of Ven's models.  Headin' over there.

Yeah, Ven's is a bit interesting right now. I think there's a version where the models are fine, but I can't recall which version exactly.

On 7/13/2016 at 6:20 AM, CoriW said:

Holy crap! Thanks for that. And yeah, where's that in-game editor? That's useful! :wink: 

How difficult is it to add pressure fed characteristic to engines?  Can I just take a look at my copy of RO/RF configs or is there more to it?  I have a few in mind in my own game (notably a few SPS engines, maybe the "puff" and a few small engines).  I use procedural tanks exclusively.

On 8/6/2016 at 1:37 PM, Raptor831 said:

Yeah, Ven's is a bit interesting right now. I think there's a version where the models are fine, but I can't recall which version exactly.

Holy crap! Thanks for that. And yeah, where's that in-game editor? That's useful! :wink: 

If you get Blizzy's toolbar, just click the smokescreen button and an interface will come up with a list like this.

cea34e6255feaa10880e3b9775059c61.png

Once you have that list just click on the little checkbox for the plume, flare, etc. that you want to edit (Only open one at a time) and you'll get a window like this.

0f366b745fa07dfee70e968deacbadeb.png

Click on the little checkbox on the bottom for "Open Config Editor" and then click the "Import" button that appears.

2335da887cc8066a410d60b0a94833aa.png

Once you have this, you can simply edit the "localRotation", "localPosition", and "fixedScale" values and click the "Apply" button which will update the plume in real time. Once you've found the values you like, simply put them into the RealPlume config file and you're done! Also one other thing about editing the plumes, I recommend hiding all elements that you're not currently working on; So if you want to work on the flare then open up the UI for the plume and uncheck "Active" and it will hide the plume so you can see just the flare and vise versa.

Sorry for the delayed response, after burning myself out over those 3 days of doing these configs I sort of dropped KSP for awhile.

Edited by CoriW

Bluedog, definitely. Thought I had that in there already, but I am mistaken.

RSB, I can add to my list. I don't play with that one personally (I don't like the large sizes within a stock/6.4x setting), but I can certainly add the configs in.

1 minute ago, Raptor831 said:

Bluedog, definitely. Thought I had that in there already, but I am mistaken.

RSB, I can add to my list. I don't play with that one personally (I don't like the large sizes within a stock/6.4x setting), but I can certainly add the configs in.

If you have it (BDB), then I didn't see it. RSB is a little big, but there is an official stock rescale config here that makes them stock scaled. They are no longer in proportion to one another, but they work well for stock solar systems, and I recently moved to Kscale64, so I'd love to have some slightly bigger rockets.

I have been getting loading errors with RF Stockalike for a few times and I am not sure if it is bc of some incompatibilities or maybe cause I did some virusscanning but when ever I load KSP, I get a loading error saying that there is something wrong with the Fuel_Conversions.cfg file. I have no idea how to found the 2 errors so I post the data from the Fuel_Conversions.cfg file in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

// Made by Sippyfrog aka Jake From State Farm Johnson
// Free to use by anyone, I just ask that this ^^^^^^ stays
// Ideas and support pulled from work/sources of NathanKell and Sarbian
// Additions made by Raptor831
// Made to look user-friendly for any looking to pull from or alter while also removing outdated errors from previous versions of RealFuels and Module Manager
// Abstract: changes basic fuel tanks to use RealFuels resources, also makes RCS Thrusters use Hydrazine

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Turns tanks with LiquidFuel and Oxidizer as resources into ModuleFuelTanks
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks                      // sets module
    volume = 0                                  // creates a blank volume for utilization
    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$   // searches for amount of LiquidFuel to use as volume
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$    // adds amount of Oxidizer to that number above
    @volume *= 5                                // multiplies entire volume by 5, this is standard conversion procedures for RealFuels
    type = Default                              // makes default tank because it's easiest to use for rockets
  }

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]    // removes old LiquidFuel resources
  {
  }

!RESOURCE[Oxidizer]    // removes old Oxidizer resources
  {
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Changes any tanks with just LiquidFuel, aircraft parts basically, and replaces with ModuleFuelTanks
{
  MODULE
  {
    volume = 0                                  // creates a blank volume for utilization
    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$   // searches for amount of LiquidFuel to use as volume
    @volume *= 5                                // multiplies entire volume by 5, this is standard conversion procedures for RealFuels
    type = Fuselage                             // makes into aircraft fuselage tank
  }

{
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Does exact same process above except for RCS tanks
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks                          // sets module
    volume = 0                                      // creates a blank volume for utilization
    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$   // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    @volume *= 5                                    // multiplies by 5
    type = ServiceModule                            // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, holds more specialized stuff like Hydrazine
  }

!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]    // removes old MonoPropellant resources
  {
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Any tanks with all 3 resources, i.e. Service Modules, replaces with 1 tank for RCS fuel and another for Fuel
{
  MODULE
  {
    volume = 0                                      // creates a blank volume for utilization
    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$   // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$   // searches for amount of LiquidFuel to use as volume
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$    // adds amount of Oxidizer to that number above
    type = ServiceModule                            // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, holds more specialized stuff like Hydrazine
  }

{
  }

{
  }

![RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]    // removes old LiquidFuel resources
  {
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRCS*]:HAS[#resourceName[MonoPropellant]]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // turns all RCS thrusters not explicitly changed to use Hydrazine instead of MonoPropellant
{
  @MODULE[ModuleRCS*]            // searches for and prepares to alter modules beginning with ModuleRCS, beginning because it will also include modules of ModuleRCS if that mod is installed
  {
    @resourceName = Hydrazine    // changes default propellant of RCS thruster to Hydrazine
  }
}

// If we don't have a MFT yet (i.e. no TACLS), make one
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$  // searches for electric charge
    @volume *= 0.0002                               // RF has charge at 1000 units per liter (gets multiplied later)
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$  // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    type = ServiceModule                            // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, also can hold LS resources
    basemass = -1
    TANK
    {
      name = ElectricCharge
      amount = full
      maxAmount = #$/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
      utilization = 1000
    }
    TANK
    {
      name = Hydrazine
      amount = full
      maxAmount = #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$
      @maxAmount *= 5
    }
  }
  {
  }
  !RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]    // removes old ElectricCharge resources
  {
  }
}

// If we already have an MFT in the part (i.e. with TACLS) then add volume and change to a ServiceModule tank
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TacLifeSupport]:Final
{
  @MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]
  {
    @volume *= 0.2                                    // drops the volume to 1/5th for proper addition of stock resources
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$    // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    @volume *= 5                                      // multiplies by 5
    @volume += 3                                      // Adds fudge room for the electric charge
    !temp = DELETE                                    // Removes the temp value
    @type = ServiceModule                             // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, also can hold LS resources
    %basemass = -1
    TANK
    {
      name = ElectricCharge
      amount = full
      utilization = 1000
    }
    TANK
    {
      name = Hydrazine
      amount = full
      @maxAmount *= 5
    }
    TANK
      {
          name = Food
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 1.097
      @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Water
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 0.725
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Oxygen
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 111.038
          utilization = 221.1347
          note = (pressurized)
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Waste
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 0.1
          fillable = false
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = WasteWater
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 0.924
          fillable = false
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = CarbonDioxide
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 95.913
          utilization = 476.2173
          note = (pressurized)
          fillable = false
      }
  }
  {
  }
  {
  }
}

// B9 Overrides
@PART[HL_Aero_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:BEFORE[B9_Aerospace]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],*{}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:BEFORE[B9_Aerospace]
{
}

47 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

I have been getting loading errors with RF Stockalike for a few times and I am not sure if it is bc of some incompatibilities or maybe cause I did some virusscanning but when ever I load KSP, I get a loading error saying that there is something wrong with the Fuel_Conversions.cfg file. I have no idea how to found the 2 errors so I post the data from the Fuel_Conversions.cfg file in a spoiler tag.

Reveal hidden contents

// Made by Sippyfrog aka Jake From State Farm Johnson
// Free to use by anyone, I just ask that this ^^^^^^ stays
// Ideas and support pulled from work/sources of NathanKell and Sarbian
// Additions made by Raptor831
// Made to look user-friendly for any looking to pull from or alter while also removing outdated errors from previous versions of RealFuels and Module Manager
// Abstract: changes basic fuel tanks to use RealFuels resources, also makes RCS Thrusters use Hydrazine

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Turns tanks with LiquidFuel and Oxidizer as resources into ModuleFuelTanks
{
  MODULE
  {
    type = Default                              // makes default tank because it's easiest to use for rockets
  }

{
  }

{
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],!RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Changes any tanks with just LiquidFuel, aircraft parts basically, and replaces with ModuleFuelTanks
{
  MODULE
  {
    type = Fuselage                             // makes into aircraft fuselage tank
  }

{
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Does exact same process above except for RCS tanks
{
  MODULE
  {
  }

{
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // Any tanks with all 3 resources, i.e. Service Modules, replaces with 1 tank for RCS fuel and another for Fuel
{
  MODULE
  {
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$   // searches for amount of LiquidFuel to use as volume
  }

{
  }

{
  }

![RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]    // removes old LiquidFuel resources
  {
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRCS*]:HAS[#resourceName[MonoPropellant]]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final    // turns all RCS thrusters not explicitly changed to use Hydrazine instead of MonoPropellant
{
  @MODULE[ModuleRCS*]            // searches for and prepares to alter modules beginning with ModuleRCS, beginning because it will also include modules of ModuleRCS if that mod is installed
  {
    @resourceName = Hydrazine    // changes default propellant of RCS thruster to Hydrazine
  }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$  // searches for electric charge
    @volume *= 0.0002                               // RF has charge at 1000 units per liter (gets multiplied later)
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$  // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    type = ServiceModule                            // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, also can hold LS resources
    basemass = -1
    TANK
    {
      name = ElectricCharge
      amount = full
      utilization = 1000
    }
    TANK
    {
      name = Hydrazine
      amount = full
      @maxAmount *= 5
    }
  }
  {
  }
  {
  }
}

// If we already have an MFT in the part (i.e. with TACLS) then add volume and change to a ServiceModule tank
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TacLifeSupport]:Final
{
  @MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]
  {
    @volume *= 0.2                                    // drops the volume to 1/5th for proper addition of stock resources
    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$    // searches for previous amount of MonoPropellant to use as volume
    @volume *= 5                                      // multiplies by 5
    @volume += 3                                      // Adds fudge room for the electric charge
    !temp = DELETE                                    // Removes the temp value
    @type = ServiceModule                             // this is best type to use for RCS tanks, also can hold LS resources
    %basemass = -1
    TANK
    {
      name = ElectricCharge
      amount = full
      utilization = 1000
    }
    TANK
    {
      name = Hydrazine
      amount = full
      @maxAmount *= 5
    }
    TANK
      {
          name = Food
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 1.097
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Water
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 0.725
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Oxygen
          amount = full
          maxAmount = 111.038
          utilization = 221.1347
          note = (pressurized)
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = Waste
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 0.1
          fillable = false
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = WasteWater
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 0.924
          fillable = false
      }
      TANK
      {
          name = CarbonDioxide
          amount = 0.0
          maxAmount = 95.913
          utilization = 476.2173
          note = (pressurized)
          fillable = false
      }
  }
  {
  }
  {
  }
}

// B9 Overrides
@PART[HL_Aero_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:BEFORE[B9_Aerospace]
{
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:BEFORE[B9_Aerospace]
{
}

37 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@Pointblank66 Error can be found in KSP's log.  For instructions on where to find and how to upload it, you can read the first link in my signature.

@blowfish Okay I think I found something in the kps log file but I am not sure if that well help at all so I wil also link the output file

This is what I found relatable to the RF Stockalike error, inbetween loading the whole mod itself

Spoiler

[LOG 05:27:46.778] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key volume = #$/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
[LOG 05:27:46.779] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key maxAmount = #$/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$

and this after loading the mod

Spoiler

[LOG 05:27:51.553] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 31312 patches applied, found 2 errors
2 errors related to GameData/RealFuels-Stockalike/Fuel_Conversions.cfg

But I am pretty sure that is not enough so I have a link to the Output Log as requested

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5kNuN4ki0U1bW1IbmpGbTB3QTg

Edited by Pointblank66

@Pointblank66 Ok I see the problem now.  This patch is assuming that anything with command and monopropellant will also have electric charge, but that assumption is being violated in BDB.

@Raptor831 I think I know of a quick fix.  Checking for the resource and having separate handling for when it does/doesn't exist is difficult, but forcing it to exist is easy.  Just add this at the beginning of the patch:

&RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
    maxAmount = 0
}

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

@Pointblank66 Ok I see the problem now.  This patch is assuming that anything with command and monopropellant will also have electric charge, but that assumption is being violated in BDB.

@Raptor831 I think I know of a quick fix.  Checking for the resource and having separate handling for when it does/doesn't exist is difficult, but forcing it to exist is easy.  Just add this at the beginning of the patch:

{
    maxAmount = 0
}

where exactly do I have to place it in the Fuel_conversions.cfg? I have no experience what so ever with doing things like this

1 hour ago, Pointblank66 said:

where exactly do I have to place it in the Fuel_conversions.cfg? I have no experience what so ever with doing things like this

Place it at the beginning of that particular patch, should look something like this (near line 98):

Spoiler

{
  {
    maxAmount = 0
  }
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Place it at the beginning of that particular patch, should look something like this (near line 98):

Hide contents

{
  {
    maxAmount = 0
  }
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks

The work around did help but what it also did was making sure that all the supported parts have no electricity what so ever and most of the command part(pods and capsules) have no electric charge what so ever and I am not able to access the resource UI to add any

@blowfish Thanks, as always, for the help!

@Pointblank66 That config is going to give me fits! Every time I think I have it ironed out another mod comes up that breaks it in some way! :wink: Your best bet is to actually write the config for that particular part and not rely on that ugly hack of a fallback. You could also use the following at the same spot Blowfish mentioned:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:Final
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks

It won't set up that Ranger part, but it won't throw the error anymore. The config was set up to make sure the pods all had MFTs in them. In this case, it's grabbing something it's not supposed to, so I don't think it'll be a negative thing if we check to make sure we have ElectricCharge for sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.