Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

I'm a derp. I didn't have the right files in the last release, so even though the RCS effects glitch was taken care of, it wasn't fixed in the release .zip file. Corrected, and now updated. CKAN should update soon-ish (i.e. whenever it checks), but you can download from GitHub again.

Also, please let me know if there are any major issues with the configs and RF v12/KSP v1.2.2. I'm working through my own install and making sure everything is running, but extra eyes always help.

Hi, just a small question.

The LV-10-104 is 600 kg and the LV-10-37 is 54 kg, other than that both engine seems pretty close in stats and size. Is it normal ?

They are configured in RealFuels-Stockalike/Stockalike_SXT.cfg just so you don't spend too much time searching for it.

Does using this mean that the RF ullage, limited ignitions and limited throttle are all available as well? I'm never actually played with RF, so I'm not sure what all it does have, but I currently have mods for all of those things in stock and don't want to give them up.

2 hours ago, Thomot512 said:

Hi, just a small question.

The LV-10-104 is 600 kg and the LV-10-37 is 54 kg, other than that both engine seems pretty close in stats and size. Is it normal ?

They are configured in RealFuels-Stockalike/Stockalike_SXT.cfg just so you don't spend too much time searching for it.

First off, thank you for the helpful directions! Second, they're not quite as similar as they appear on the surface. The LV-10-104 is a TL 3 upper stage engine for 15 kN of thrust and an IspV of 330. LV-10-37 is a TL 0 launcher engine with 10 kN of thrust and an IspV of 257. So, the 104 is a much more efficient engine, for 50% more thrust, at a much higher tech level. So, it seems reasonable to have the mass be much higher.

That said, I'd need to run these through the generator again to check, since 600 kg seems a tad high on the mass for that. But it might be right on.

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Does using this mean that the RF ullage, limited ignitions and limited throttle are all available as well? I'm never actually played with RF, so I'm not sure what all it does have, but I currently have mods for all of those things in stock and don't want to give them up.

RF has ullage, limited ignitions, and limited throttle built-in. The configs do need to set those up per engine, but they do exist for the plugin.

Just now, Iso-Polaris said:

I found out that the electric charge requirement for ion engine is tempered. Is there a way to revert this change by editing the .cfg file?

Unsure of what you mean exactly, but yes the configs can be altered to adjust electricity usage.

37 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Is it in Stockalike_Squad.cfg file? However I cannot find content related to ionEngine

Just remembered, RF Stockalike doesn't mess with the ion engine at all unless you have Near Future Propulsion installed as well. Which is in Stockalike_NFPropulsion.cfg.

1 hour ago, Raptor831 said:

Just remembered, RF Stockalike doesn't mess with the ion engine at all unless you have Near Future Propulsion installed as well. Which is in Stockalike_NFPropulsion.cfg.

Thats strange cuz I dont have Near future Propulsion installed. Maybe I should install that so I can edit it with NFPropulsion.cfg

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Thats strange cuz I dont have Near future Propulsion installed. Maybe I should install that so I can edit it with NFPropulsion.cfg

I'd recommend writing a ModuleManager patch to do whatever you want to do.  Editing real .cfg files becomes pretty painful once the mod releases a few new versions and you have to edit it every time.

28 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

What would I have to put in an mm patch to allow for a hydrazine tank and a regular RF "whatever-fuel-applies" tank, as in a service module?

You can just click "show UI" in right-click part menu for the tank and do that.  

11 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Problem is I have no idea how to edit modded part and overwrite other moddings

You should check out eh ModuleManager thread. It'll show you how to do basic things with a MM .cfg file, which should get you on the right path.

9 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

What would I have to put in an mm patch to allow for a hydrazine tank and a regular RF "whatever-fuel-applies" tank, as in a service module?

The ServiceModule tank type will allow you to put almost anything in it. Then, as @jdub3350 says, you can adjust what goes in within the VAB/SPH. For example: https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/blob/master/RealFuels/SXT.cfg#L161 Do be aware, though, that doing this will make the whole part act as a tank for mass. So if you're doing this to a pod, you'll need basemass = -1 to undo that.

2rqnlo8.png

Always pluming on the Cryo engines I disabled mods to narrow it down and it seems like Realplume and or realplume that comes with the engine configs of this mod seems to cause it! I might be wrong but I figured i'd post to let the experts fix this because I don't know much about moddiong!

3 hours ago, Dermeister said:

..snip..

Always pluming on the Cryo engines I disabled mods to narrow it down and it seems like Realplume and or realplume that comes with the engine configs of this mod seems to cause it! I might be wrong but I figured i'd post to let the experts fix this because I don't know much about moddiong!

May I assume that updating SmokeScreen fixed it? Saw your other post in the Real Plume - Stock thread as well.

24 minutes ago, Raptor831 said:

May I assume that updating SmokeScreen fixed it? Saw your other post in the Real Plume - Stock thread as well.

Yes sir! I wasn't sure where to post because I narrowed it down to 1 of those 3 mods so I figured to increase chances of the devs knowing about it I should post on all 3. I din't want to at first but I figured holding back information never helps. The Smoke screen Seems to have fixed it so far I haven't tested other engines yet but it's looking positive so far!

TO be clear this is what fixed it https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen/. 

Edited by Dermeister

I'm going to post this as a PSA here, just so it's "on record", so to speak.

If you use Real Plume - Stock and RF Stockalike together, you're probably going to run into issues.

I can't say for sure, since Real Fuels actually has some nice fallback code in there. But, I do know that Real Plume - Stock changes all of the engines to be ModuleEnginesFX. RF Stockalike is assuming you'll be using ModuleEnginesRF, since that includes ignitions, ullage, and all of the RF goodies. I can't say everything will break, but I can say something won't be right there. I've been thinking of possible ways both can play nice together, but I'm wary of just stomping on configs like I'm imagining I'd need to. Open to ideas here, as well.

33 minutes ago, Raptor831 said:

I'm going to post this as a PSA here, just so it's "on record", so to speak.

If you use Real Plume - Stock and RF Stockalike together, you're probably going to run into issues.

I can't say for sure, since Real Fuels actually has some nice fallback code in there. But, I do know that Real Plume - Stock changes all of the engines to be ModuleEnginesFX. RF Stockalike is assuming you'll be using ModuleEnginesRF, since that includes ignitions, ullage, and all of the RF goodies. I can't say everything will break, but I can say something won't be right there. I've been thinking of possible ways both can play nice together, but I'm wary of just stomping on configs like I'm imagining I'd need to. Open to ideas here, as well.

IF you want I can post precisely what I used as mods that has to do with RF and RP. Would it help?

21 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

IF you want I can post precisely what I used as mods that has to do with RF and RP. Would it help?

I wouldn't hurt. Seeing a full log might help me figure out a nice, elegant way of working with Real Plume - Stock.

2 hours ago, Raptor831 said:

I wouldn't hurt. Seeing a full log might help me figure out a nice, elegant way of working with Real Plume - Stock.

Let me know where and how to get the log and I can provide it. As for mods.

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.10
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.5
CryoEngines - 0.4.5
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.11.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.16
Firespitter - 7.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.3
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Procedural Parts - 1.2.8
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RealFuels Stockalike Configs - 3.2.3
RealSolarSystem - 12.0
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
Ship Manifest - 5.1.3.1
SolverEngines - 3.0
Trajectories - 1.6.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.1

Theres mods not showing in here mainly Real plumes and what engine config I use but I will manually put those in here.

Latest version of Smokescreen

Real fuels stockalike Engine configs.

RealPlume Base mod from the original Real plume thread that is recommended in the instructions of the RF stockalike engine configs page.

RealPlume RF stockalike.

For the log i'm not sure where to get it but if some 1 points me to it I will gladly include any logs required in order to help zeee KSP community.

Edited by Dermeister

RCS thrusters seem to get a bunch of mass added to them when you pick a config. RV-105 0.029t thruster turns into 0.329 tons. Any idea why it's getting 300kg of extra mass added to it? Seems like a LOT to add for something so little...

This may not be a specific Real Fuels issue. Seems like when I even add a thermometer, it adds 300 kg to the part mass???!!?

I'll need to hack my mod list apart to find the culprit I think. Ugh :-(

OK. Looks like it is the DISPLAY of the mass that is wrong in the Real fuels window. It's adding 300 kg to the mass of the part for some reason, as is Kerbal Engineer. But MechJeb Delta V stat window seems to be correct, as is the stock engineer report readout.

Edited by westamastaflash

23 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

RCS thrusters seem to get a bunch of mass added to them when you pick a config. RV-105 0.029t thruster turns into 0.329 tons. Any idea why it's getting 300kg of extra mass added to it? Seems like a LOT to add for something so little...

This may not be a specific Real Fuels issue. Seems like when I even add a thermometer, it adds 300 kg to the part mass???!!?

I'll need to hack my mod list apart to find the culprit I think. Ugh :-(

OK. Looks like it is the DISPLAY of the mass that is wrong in the Real fuels window. It's adding 300 kg to the mass of the part for some reason, as is Kerbal Engineer. But MechJeb Delta V stat window seems to be correct, as is the stock engineer report readout.

I checked this on my game and I didn't notice anything odd. The RF config window didn't display anything other than the expected mass, and MechJeb dV displays were good (as you mentioned). It definitely isn't supposed to be adding 300 kg from nowhere.

3 hours ago, Raptor831 said:

I checked this on my game and I didn't notice anything odd. The RF config window didn't display anything other than the expected mass, and MechJeb dV displays were good (as you mentioned). It definitely isn't supposed to be adding 300 kg from nowhere.

I'm going to try to recreate with as few mods as possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.