Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

1 hour ago, GingerPhysics said:

I am having that problem where the engines do produce thrust but nothing comes out of them, is there a way to fix this? Also that only happens with some of the engines, not all. Plz help

Best guess is you don't have RealPlume installed.  If that's not it, we will need a full mod list, a list of which engines are affected, and KSP's log (instructions on how to find the log are in the first link in my signature).

If you install RealPlume, don't install RealPlume-Stock as that is incompatible.  Install RealPlume-RFStockalike which is included in the RF Stockalike download.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 9:33 PM, GingerPhysics said:

I am having that problem where the engines do produce thrust but nothing comes out of them, is there a way to fix this? Also that only happens with some of the engines, not all. Plz help

Yeah, that's an effects "issue". Short version is that the RF features are based on the ModuleEnginesFX module, so anything that was plain ModuleEngines (which used an older effects setup) will have no effects. Use Real Plume with the configs attached to the RF Stockalike release and you should get most (if not all) effects back.

EDIT: Uh, yeah, what @blowfish said in the post right after, which I missed because it was on a new page. :rolleyes:

Edited by Raptor831

Have a slight midgame problem: Ore converter still produce liquid fuel, oxidizer and monopropellant instead of usable resources.

Can ore converter be modified too?

One more fix needed. Some "SpaceY Heavy lifters" orbital monopropellant engines are untouched too. (as well as solid boosters but solids are not critical).

Edited by demol

Hey @Raptor831 i have some issues with some tanks that cause negative mass with Real Fuels and Tweakscale. The C7 Brand Adapters, and the MK3 Parts are the ones that don't work. With a fresh install + Tweakscale all is good.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5191989/KSP.log

Any input would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Made a video too from VAB and launch. - https://youtu.be/R_3zAvel9-M

6 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Hey @Raptor831 i have some issues with some tanks that cause negative mass with Real Fuels and Tweakscale. The C7 Brand Adapters, and the MK3 Parts are the ones that don't work. With a fresh install + Tweakscale all is good.

You already made a thread about this in Real Fuels and honestly there's probably nothing @Raptor831 can do about this since the only thing this mod really does is edit engine configs and add RF engine configs to them. A few tanks get touched but even then it's going to be a code issue in Real Fuels or Tweak Scale not interacting properly. (i.e. compatibility fixes to one or both of those needs to be done which Raptor won't be able to effect)

7 hours ago, Starwaster said:

You already made a thread about this in Real Fuels and honestly there's probably nothing @Raptor831 can do about this since the only thing this mod really does is edit engine configs and add RF engine configs to them. A few tanks get touched but even then it's going to be a code issue in Real Fuels or Tweak Scale not interacting properly. (i.e. compatibility fixes to one or both of those needs to be done which Raptor won't be able to effect)

Right, well im not a modder so i don't know the intricate workings of everything involved. Yes, i posted a comment there as well just to get the word out.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:27 AM, demol said:

Have a slight midgame problem: Ore converter still produce liquid fuel, oxidizer and monopropellant instead of usable resources.

One more fix needed. Some "SpaceY Heavy lifters" orbital monopropellant engines are untouched too. (as well as solid boosters but solids are not critical).

I don't touch the converters. To get them to work right you'd need to do the maths/chemistry to get all of the RF resources (kerosene, LOX, LH2, methane, N2O4, hydrazine variants) into the converter. And the fact is, "Ore" is a mythical substance that effectively uses magic to get kerbal fuels out of. Balancing that against real resources is one heck of a job, and I already don't spend enough time with this as it is.

On the SpaceY engines, can you give me a quick list of ones that I missed?

14 hours ago, Cratzz said:

As @Starwaster mentioned, there's not much I can do about that kind of error. Tweakscale and RF haven't always played nice together. Honestly, I'd stick with Procedural Parts instead, especially for tanks. But bottom line, I'm only leveraging Real Fuels' system to make the engines and run a tank catch-all for ones that the standard RF configs miss. Nothing I can change about the way mass is calculated.

7 hours ago, Raptor831 said:

I don't touch the converters. To get them to work right you'd need to do the maths/chemistry to get all of the RF resources (kerosene, LOX, LH2, methane, N2O4, hydrazine variants) into the converter. And the fact is, "Ore" is a mythical substance that effectively uses magic to get kerbal fuels out of. Balancing that against real resources is one heck of a job, and I already don't spend enough time with this as it is.

As @Starwaster mentioned, there's not much I can do about that kind of error. Tweakscale and RF haven't always played nice together. Honestly, I'd stick with Procedural Parts instead, especially for tanks. But bottom line, I'm only leveraging Real Fuels' system to make the engines and run a tank catch-all for ones that the standard RF configs miss. Nothing I can change about the way mass is calculated.

Alright man, thx anyway.

I'm currently running the BDB-Mod and tried to get the missing engines working with RF. I changed the configs for the Atlas style rocket but I can't get it working.

Here's the cfg for both the tanks and the main engine :

http://pastebin.com/wvBht7xT

I put the engine cfg in ...\gameData\RealFuels-Stockalike\Stockalike_Bluedog_Atlas.cfg and the tank cfg in \gameData\RealFuels\Bluedog_Atlas_tanks.cfg. What am I missing?

@Meltdown The MM conditions that you have specified are...weird:

@Part[bluedog_atlas1AdapterTank]:FOR[!RealFuels]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 700
        type = Default
    }
}

Basically, you are adding a module that requires RealFuels (ModuleFuelTanks) but you do not allow the MM patch to apply it if RealFuels is installed.

?

Also:

!PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
    !PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
    !PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = Kerosene
      ratio = 36.699904
      DrawGauge = True
      %resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = LqdOxygen
      ratio = 63.300096
      %resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    }

1. Deleting the PROPELLANT nodes is not required. A better way is to patch them, rather than doing double work. Example:

@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
    @name = Kerosene
    @ratio = 36.699904
}

@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
    @name = LqdOxygen
    @ratio = 63.300096
}

2. The resource flow rules are not needed. The engines in KSP respect the stack priority by default.

I changed the code but it seems as if MM isn't patching and I still have the same settings ingame as before : two subtypes for the tank and one changed proppreset of the engine (KeroLOx in a 1.1 - 0.9 ratio) which I can't find the MM Patch anywhere.

http://pastebin.com/6cykAP1W

It looks like BDB is pulling some of the tankdata from B9 mod :

UrlConfig
{
    name = LH2OStd
    type = B9_TANK_TYPE
    parentUrl = Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/CryoEngines/B9TankTypes
    url = Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/CryoEngines/B9TankTypes/LH2OStd
    B9_TANK_TYPE
    {
        name = LH2OStd
        tankMass = 0.00025
        tankCost = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = LqdHydrogen
            unitsPerVolume = 3.75
        }
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            unitsPerVolume = 0.25
        }
    }
}

edit: I got the engine running now. The Tank is now dry without the B-9 Subtypes UI.

Edited by Meltdown

Hey @Raptor831 Im getting a "Cannot find animation named "HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan on the old 50's Jet J57 and as a result no Plume.

Does this one fall into the catagory "lost effect" by moving to a new engine module? Thanks.

EDIT: This is also the case for the J75 and J79. Building a Phantom replica, so i need the 79 :( I should also say im using AJE, RealFuels and RealPlume, but in the AJE.cfg i find the engines that don't produce plume. Log - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5191989/KSP.log

Edited by Cratzz

6 hours ago, Meltdown said:

It looks like BDB is pulling some of the tankdata from B9 mod :

FWIW the next version will have the requisite NEEDS[!RealFuels] checks to keep that B9 stuff out of your way. You should default those Atlas tanks to the Balloon type if that still exists.

2 hours ago, Jso said:

FWIW the next version will have the requisite NEEDS[!RealFuels] checks to keep that B9 stuff out of your way. You should default those Atlas tanks to the Balloon type if that still exists.

I will keep that in mind once it is released! Right now I simply put the Volume of those tanks up to about 100m³ and simply delete the B9 entries (-MODULE[ModuleB9*] {}). It's not the cleanest way but it gets the rocket into orbit.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:27 AM, demol said:

I have no idea if the .cfg still works in 1.2.2, but here's a patch I hacked up in 1.1.3 to add convert-to-real-fuels functionality:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm8nt0df10qbz86/StockISRU-RealFuels.cfg?dl=0

Tweak as desired: I know I was not-that-great at doing anything fancy like saying "okay, instead of writing out the exact outputs for every engine and every conversion type, multiply a converter-specific constant by a recipe-specific constant to get output". I'm also pretty sure the UDMH and MMH recipes are in the realm of fantasy, requiring far too many steps to convert raw NH3, CO2, and H2O.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09e08kp5qey2g17/Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

Also, do note that it assumes Karbonite or Ore are exactly what they need to be, and don't use real resources like water, ammonia, carbon dioxide, etc. Getting a fully satisfactory real ISRU mod without hand-waving is a major project.

On 17.02.2017 at 9:31 PM, Raptor831 said:

sorry, from Near Future Propulsion - LV-601 / LV-601-4 / LV-95 / LV-95-6.

from SpaceY - only "V1 vernier thruster" (from control panel) and bunch of solids.

57 minutes ago, eberkain said:

With a very lite mod install I have a number of stock engines that do this type of thing.   known issue?  or did I screw up something somewhere?

wTvEnNo.png

It may be when I configured the plume I was using Ven's Stock Revamp, or the models or even the plumes themselves may have changed since the I made the configs. I will fix them eventually when I start playing career again. If you want them fixed now you will have to learn to do it yourself and submit the updated configs to Raptor.

On 2017-02-18 at 7:54 PM, Cratzz said:

Hey @Raptor831 Im getting a "Cannot find animation named "HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan on the old 50's Jet J57 and as a result no Plume.

Does this one fall into the catagory "lost effect" by moving to a new engine module? Thanks.

EDIT: This is also the case for the J75 and J79. Building a Phantom replica, so i need the 79 :( I should also say im using AJE, RealFuels and RealPlume, but in the AJE.cfg i find the engines that don't produce plume. Log - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5191989/KSP.log

Can anyone else using AJE & RealFuels confirm this?

2 hours ago, Svm420 said:

It may be when I configured the plume I was using Ven's Stock Revamp, or the models or even the plumes themselves may have changed since the I made the configs. I will fix them eventually when I start playing career again. If you want them fixed now you will have to learn to do it yourself and submit the updated configs to Raptor.

I'm thinking of adding a page to my spreadsheet and doing a checklist of all the engines I'm using and making any plume adjustments that are needed.   I only need to adjust the local offset in one spot, even it an engine has multiple plume configs right?

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

I only need to adjust the local offset in one spot, even it an engine has multiple plume configs right?

Not necessarily. If the plume and flare look ok together with just local offset then yes. If not then you have to adjust plume position and flare position.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.