Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6 [01/20/19][RF v12]

Raptor831

On 11/11/2017 at 2:28 AM, Cratzz said:

Hello, im getting a "Error: Cannot find animation named HeatAnimationEmissiveTurbofan" on part aje.atar, aje.avon, aje.j57, aje.j75 and aje.j79 from AdvanceJetEngine mod. And as a result no Plume on those engines. Im trying to figure out why the config i have for those, included in the RF Stockalike download won't work?

Here's my .log too if that helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czez443sxw29qbi/KSP.log?dl=0

I've had this issue sinse 1.2

This is due to typo in AJE configs (doubled "m" in "Emissive"). Missing plume is due to error in RealPlumes config. Here is corrected version.

By the way. I make some work to reshape engines effects. Current changes:

1. Rework stock engines plumes/flares, so they remain aligned (at least I hope for it) with engines nozzles regardless of whether  Ven's Stock Revamp installed or not.
  2. Rework plumes for Stock Revamp engines (see "Current problem" below).
  3. Add missing engine config for Squad's RT-5 "Flea" SRB.
  4. Update engine configs for Stock Revamp engines.
  5. Fix errors and slightly polish plumes configuration for AJE.

Currently unresolved problem: RealPlume prefabbed plumes give weird results for RE-D7 (from Stock Revamp) due to simultaneous use of nozzles with different size:

IphsBFKm.jpg

On 11/12/2017 at 5:14 AM, Canis Dirus Leidy said:

This is due to typo in AJE configs (doubled "m" in "Emissive"). Missing plume is due to error in RealPlumes config. Here is corrected version.

I pasted the .cfg into Gamedata, but it still dosen't work. Or should i edit the existing AJE.cfg in RealPlume-RFStockalike with the above info?

EDIT: I edited the existing, but still no go :(

Edited by Cratzz

51 minutes ago, Cratzz said:

I pasted the .cfg into Gamedata, but it still dosen't work. Or should i edit the existing AJE.cfg in RealPlume-RFStockalike with the above info?

EDIT: I edited the existing, but still no go :( Can someone post your AJE.cfg if ur using it? I'd appreciate it!

Replace AJE.cfg in your GameData/RealPlume-RFStockalike catalog with corrected file (to which I give the link). Or just search "thrust_transform" in AJE.cfg and replace it with "thrustTransform" (without quotes).

13 minutes ago, Canis Dirus Leidy said:

Replace AJE.cfg in your GameData/RealPlume-RFStockalike catalog with corrected file (to which I give the link). Or just search "thrust_transform" in AJE.cfg and replace it with "thrustTransform" (without quotes).

Now it's working, got Plume on the one's iv'e tested so far! Thx man

Edited by Cratzz

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Raptor831 said:

@Battou I thought we had Ven's in the config set. Here it is: https://github.com/Raptor831/RFStockalike/blob/master/GameData/RealFuels-Stockalike/StockAlike_StockRevamp.cfg

Is there something that specifically is missing?

Maybe nothing, but its wierd to see two boosters for the same price whe one of them clearly superior in every aspect.

Edited by Battou

11 hours ago, Battou said:

Nope, they both are starter ones.

Can you, please:  a) name these boosters; b) specify which version of StockRevamp (1.9.5 or 1.9.6 AKA "git snapshot") you are using?

P.S. And also. Which variant of engine configs  you are using? Main version (from Raptor831's repo) is slightly outdated.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question, if I may.

Is there any reason why the Cormorant Aeronology patch does not include the main engines (the STME shuttle engine and STBE booster engine)? The patched OMS and RCS works beautifully for me, but the more powerful engines don't play nicely with my stock realfuels/realplume setup. I tried to patch them myself, but it didn't go well.

Many thanks

Trainguy

@New Horizons I mean, you can tell which engines are vacuum by their stats. It says in the description what type they are. I don't really fancy going through all of the engines and altering names just for tagging purposes. Does one of the filtering plugins let you sort by that kind of stuff?

@Trainguy No reason, they've either added those since the config was written or I just plain missed something. I'll try and check it out this weekend, when I'm hopefully going to package up the release I was promising with Canis' updates included.

16 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Do you have a config for tundra exploration?

I felt like I did, but check the repo to be sure. Or, you could just install and see what gets used. :wink:

14 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Does this mod significantly affect the ∆v? I'm just asking this because most mods are made for the 2.5x system with fairly low fuel margins. 

This mod is a config set for Real Fuels, and that mod does indeed affect the dV of pretty much everything. It's built around a 6.4x scale with realistic-ish margins. Or, to get to the Mun on 6.4x you have to build a rocket similar to the Saturn V in scale. You can use them in a RSS scale as well, but you'll be clustering a lot.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Any plans to update the configs for Cormorant Aeronology? I've started working on it, but I need to figure out how to do the tanks properly. If I can make that functional, I'll work on Tundra Exploration and Tantares.

No specific plans, but I didn't realize they were out of date. If you can update them, submit a PR and I can merge them in to the main thing. Also, you can use http://bit.ly/rfstockalike to help generate all the configs (if you hadn't seen that before).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.