School Survey - Games Related! (Need 50 Ppl - Please Help!)

mythic_fci

What type of game do you like the most?  

1. 1. What type of game do you like the most?

• Sandbox Builder (ex. KSP, Minecraft, Space Engineers)
    • Sandbox Free-Roam (ex. Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, GTA)
    • FPS Shooter (ex. Call of Duty, Battlefield IV, etc.)
    • Other (Any game that doesn't apply to the above categories)

So, basically, I have to do a survey of 50 people. I decided to survey "favorite types of games" and chose the KSP community! It's a simple survey with only 1 question.

QUESTION: What type of game do you like the most?

A. Sandbox Building (ex. KSP, Minecraft)

B. FPS Shooter (ex. Call of Duty, Battlefield II)

C. Sandbox Free-Roam (ex. GTA, Just Cause series)

D. Other (Any other type of game that isn't covered above)

If you aren't sure about something, comment below!

Edited by FCISuperGuy

D.

Mostly I play simulations like FSX, Assetto Corsa, and KSP, when I'm not goofing around in Second Life or IMVU. I'm buying Elite: Dangerous as soon as it comes out.

I am so completely done with first person shooters, especially military-themed ones.

But my favorite games of all time are the Zelda games from the Nintendo 64 onward (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, etc.)

Edited by pebble_garden

You options seem extremely limited, especially considering the poll could allow you to have 6 more choices.

Why is Just Cause 2, and Call of Duty in seperate catagories, why not just call that, shooter.

Where's puzzle? 90% of all gaming is puzzle games, I'm pretty addicted to Nuclear Fusion 2048 right now. http://dimit.me/Fe26/

Strategy both RTS and turn based, 4x games.

RPGs!!! MMOs! huge segments of gaming to leave out there.

Something that lets to invent, design and build something working. The rule is that it should be possible to make something new (not guess something hardcoded!) from simpler parts using clear interaction mechanisms.

Well-crafted simulation sandbox, engineering puzzles, a good tactics/strategy... Sometimes these genres even overlap.

KSP, SpaceCem, Factorio, X-COM (good old X-COM still seems to have the best risk-reward balance of the genre, also Xenonauts seem to be a good successor), Emperor: Battle for Dune (my favorite RTS), Civilization (although haven't played it in ages - such level strategies require a bit too much investment and I rarely have so much time... I also like Space Empires).

As for other genres, I really enjoyed Mass Effect, but only because of it being good Sci-Fi. I'm not much into RPG and almost complete zero at shooters.

This place is probably a *very* biased place for a survey about favourite game types.

Yup, I suspect FPS games are by far the most popular overall, but you won't get that result if you ask the question here.

Arma 2. It fits all categories you mentioned.

It is basicaly an FPS with bits of an RTS, but it is also freeroam openworld game and flight arkade, and thanks to its amazingly easy modability it is also Builder sandbox, Actualy thanks to its ibuild editor and amazing modding support, you can turn it to almost anything you want.

And also Arma 3 is getting better and better each day.

Yup, I suspect FPS games are by far the most popular overall, but you won't get that result if you ask the question here.

I didn't consider that but you and the FanaticalFighter are correct. OP, you would have better luck asking this on an IGN forum. However the audience there would be biased too considering that IGN gives more exposure to shooters and free roam games as opposed to different genres. That's the best place I can think of off the top of my head but I am sure there are places with less bias.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.