[1.2.x] Part Angle Display - including seamless, highly accurate rotation v0.3.2.4

Padishar

I am working on updating this mod to be compatible with 0.90 but, unfortunately, the interface to the core editor code has substantially changed in this release which is making it awkward to get things working properly. I am planning to fix the rotation in place mode (which used to use an editor feature which no longer exists, even privately) and also to provide both rotation and translation keys and increment adjustment in all modes (except for root select). However, the code that I started back in 0.25 needs a total overhaul and considerable extension to fit in with the new editor API and I'm so busy with work and other RL things that I'm not getting a lot of time to work on it.

I'll get a new release out as soon as I've fixed the rotation in place mode (which will basically restore the functionality from the previous version). The other enhancements will take a bit longer. Sorry, but you'll all need to be patient this time round...

I have just released version 0.3.0.0 of this mod that is compatible with KSP 0.90. Please note that some of the keyboard shortcuts have had to change so you will be best off making sure you have clean install of the mod without any old config file or you are likely to get clashes with new 0.90 stock editor features.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this plugin have a mode for displaying/setting rotation angles relative to the root part of the vessel and not just relative angles to it's parent? I just tried to align some rover wheels on a cone-like surface and thought this plugin could help me, but either I am too stupid to find the settings or this would be a really nice feature to have

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Padishar thank you for sharing this nice plugin with us. For a long time I was looking for something like this. I don´t know why I missed this. Now building something like this (so that all parts fit exactly)

http://imgur.com/a/nMbqR/embed

Javascript is disabled. View full album

isn´t a problem anymore:cool:. By the way you compiled against 1.02 but your version file is outdated it seems. Shouldn´t it look like this.

{
"NAME":"Part Angle Display",
"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=88",
"DOWNLOAD":"http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220831-part-angle-display",
"VERSION":{
"MAJOR":0,
"MINOR":3,
"PATCH":0,
"BUILD":1
},
"KSP_VERSION":{
"MAJOR":1,
"MINOR":0,
"PATCH":2
}
}

Edited by Dante Montana

Nice station. Have you managed to launch it? I've done similar things too, though I docked it all together in orbit...

Hmm, yes, you're right. I did create a new .version file before the release of 1.0 but it looks like I forgot to update it in the project...

I don't really want to fix it right now as it really needs another version number bump and I don't want people to have to redownload just for the .version file.

Edited by Padishar

Nice station. Have you managed to launch it? I've done similar things too, though I docked it all together in orbit........

Not yet. Tested it in sandbox with Hyperedit. In career mode I need to gather a little bit more money to do so (+30,000,000credits only the station). But lifting and assembling shouldn´t be a thing. Mods will help to keep the time and effort needed to build it to minimum.

Your station looks nice too. Just had an idea for a mini probe.... so than back to VAB.

KSP-AVC is sending up an alert that the 0.3.0.1 version was compiled for KSP 0.90. Perhaps you didn't update your version file?

EDIT: Oh, never mind, just noticed the posts up thread mentioning it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
cipherpunks said:
Wait, what, 1500 parts? OMG. You should really try https://github.com/UbioWeldingLtd

(to author of those icosahedron etc stations)

I did consider it but I wanted to keep it as stock as possible. Besides, docking a total of 42 separate vessels at low single figure fps is an interesting challenge... :wink:

This is an alternative version that I put together in the VAB and launched by attaching a couple of mainsails to the vertices at the top and bottom and turning on hack gravity and infinite fuel. A total of 1410 parts after removing the engines and just over 195 t. It still wasn't an easy launch as the docking ports make the structure very flexible and you have to be careful to not rip it apart...

Here is the save file if you're interested in seeing the (lack of) performance of it on your machine...

Edited by Padishar

• 4 weeks later...
I've been skimming through this thread as I would love to use this mod, however as I am not as code savvy as the rest of you could someone please say where the darn code goes!

Open the zip file and copy the PartAngleDisplay folder from there into the GameData folder in your KSP install.

• 7 months later...

I'm at work so can't sort a "proper" release out just yet but, if you're desperate, you can get a KSP 1.1 compatible version from:

https://github.com/Gerry1135/PartAngleDisplay/tree/newksp

Click the "Download ZIP" button and then open the zip and copy the PartAngleDisplay-newksp\Output\PartAngleDisplay directory into your GameData directory.

As well as working with KSP 1.1, this has also had a refactor to simplify the rotation code and fix the "part relative" mode that has been broken since KSP 0.90.

I'll put the real release together later today...

Version 0.3.1.1 for KSP 1.1.0.x has now been officially released.  There are likely to be further changes in the near future.

I am contemplating removing the Mod-P shortcut that adds the PYR values directly to the part's Euler angles as it isn't particularly useful (at least I don't find it so).

I may also combine the PYR increment fields into a single "V. Fine" value.  Does anybody find the individual PYR values useful?

I am working on a toggle to switch the angle display into absolute mode (i.e. "building relative") and also hope to enable the part rotation hot-keys in both the rotate and translate editor modes (though this may be awkward without changes in the stock editor code).

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Darael said:

@Padishar As @Pink Munn noted, it would be nice if this incredibly-useful mod could be in the CKAN.  Would you rather it wasn't, or would you be OK if someone (say, me?) did the necessary to get it included?

I don't have anything against CKAN (I only use it for setting up RO installs) so, as long as it uses one of the existing download locations, then I don't mind someone including it.

23 hours ago, Padishar said:

I don't have anything against CKAN (I only use it for setting up RO installs) so, as long as it uses one of the existing download locations, then I don't mind someone including it.

It is done.

WHERE HAS THIS MOD BEEN? :0.0: Lol. I really should check the forums more often as not everyone uses CKAN. Thanks for including it though. And someone really loves their Trigonometry I see. :D

any chance you could post an updated list of the hotkeys? I'm trying to comb through the changelog as they seem to have gone through a number of iterations and I have no idea which to use.

Also, mod+P is in use by a lot of mods (off the top of my head, Vessel Mover, Part Commander, Pathfinder, and Debug Stuff that I use; although only debug stuff triggers in the VAB); pretty please make it a setting (the change log says you can, but I didn't see an option or file to)?

I can't also figure out what the Pitch/Roll/Yaw +/- X buttons do - I thought they were resets, but it doesn't seem so.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.