[Forum Repository] Creative Writing

ping111

Salutations!

This thread is for writing random stories, poems, and more!

Sorta like a writer\'s convention!

I\'ll start, with a paragraph I just thought of, honouring my world-champion Scrabble player mother:

Anagrams

The setting sun cast a fiery glow on the silent yet crashing waters, around our ankles rushing lake water in helicopt. Oh, and helicopt is an anagram of \'chipotle\' and... I need to stop doing this. I need to take a break from Scrabble. Just be away from everything. Except him. He brought vibrance and colour to my grey life with my nose in the books, and being Jewish (and rich), it was bashert, meant to be. Wait, how much would that be worth? ABEHSRT... Oh not again!

That was pretty bad, but I\'m tired.

I\'ll come back when I have a good idea.

Cheers.

Something I wrote while sleep deprived:

Tristen Mactrousers

Blog entry 7 - Day 29

//Still no sleep//

I\'ve been awake for 4 weeks, with no end in sight. The shadows on the wall don\'t

perfectly mirror my movements. Or maybe I don\'t mirror them. The hallucinations

are getting progressivly most shroomlike and colorful. Have you ever had a

splendid conversation with a fried potato about the smell of dirt? You don\'t want

to. Trust me. Lately my hobbies have been reduced to writing crappy stories based

on myself and playing with prime numbers. Did you know that 37 multiplied by a

multiple of 3 is a repdigit below a thousand? I didn\'t until the cat told me.

I look out the window only to find that my dead mother weeps over her own grave.

My staircase is beginning to feel like Penrose designed it - I can\'t go up

or down, only hopelessly around in a vicious circle. I have a surprisingly good

physical state, my pinkie toe is happily fused to my foot, and my leg joined to

my hip in unison. Somehow my head is rotated 180 degrees relative to itself

backwards, in a feat of natural geometry.

I\'m feeling pretty swell. Even the dead mailman I shot yesterday is smiling.

I\'m getting kinda worried about him though, he hasn\'t moved since I killed him.

I actually envy him, and his probably endless slumber. I mean, why do these dumb

dead people get to sleep? It\'s the living guys who need it!

Anyway, my fridge is on fire and the ice cream I put in the oven

is starting to get rancid, so I\'d better get going. Wish me luck!

(Actually I don\'t need luck. Give me sleep and not idioms!)

And a poem about Jeb:

Stop screaming!

Don\'t press any buttons!

What\'s that screeching?

Oh God we\'re listing!

Hang on, man! I\'ve got this!

I\'ll pull this baby up!

With the flick of a switch and the pull of a lever

Everything \'ll be better!

Look at my sunglasses - they glitter in the sun

Glance at my hair - shining to everyone

I\'m perfect don\'t you see,

Now just belive in me!

I\'m the one that they will

see in history.

Jebadiah Kerman!

It\'s not working!

You\'re failed again!

We\'re falling fast

What happens then-

Shut up, don\'t talk no more!

We\'re now under control!

Pitching up, against the wind

You see I\'m just an epic win!

Gander at my walk - A gentle swaying lean

Now just the way I talk - It makes the ladies mean

I\'m perfect don\'t you see,

Now just believe in me!

These boosters scorch the ground

In such a subtle way

Jebadiah Kerman!

What the hell,

We\'re going up

But wheres the chutes?

Jeb what the heck?

My signature move is coming soon

A soft splashdown you big bafoon

Engines on we\'re slowing down

Woohoo! We\'ve got a soft touchdown!

Mission success!

Jebadiah Kerman!

I wrote this a bit over half a year ago.

Life is beautiful, delicate and fleeting. It is the most precious of all things in the universe, and seemingly the only thing that gives the universe purpose. What good is a painting if no one is to see it? But unfortunately, the universe is shy. It is all too ready to hide its secrets from us, a personality trait that makes scientists\' jobs hard. But what fun is life without the unknown? Our minds salivate at the prospect of what lies in the dark. The universe\'s reluctance to share is both a blessing and a curse.

But it was not always like this, nor will it be this way forever.

Heavy elements did not become abundant in the universe right away. Life was impossible a long time ago. But now, as we can obviously tell, it is achievable. And it will be for quite some time, even on pretty large timescales.

But all good things must come to an end. In many, many years, life will be impossible to sustain, at least in the way we are familiar with. When it is gone, no one will be there to experience the beauty of this vast cosmos. There will, one day, be a last life form. Some magnificent stars may still burn, but the last true testament to the artistic talent of our Universe will be gone. We have no way of knowing who or what this will be, because life has a hard time finding each other, at least in our experience.

Later, after an unbelievably long time, the final bit of matter will be gone. The universe will be nothing but light. Life, the only thing that can accept all the gifts this Universe has in it, will eventually be gone.

Though our wars, inequalities, discrimination, poverty, short-term over long-term mindset, volatility, and naivety makes it hard for our species to survive long enough to qualify for any mention on a cosmic timeline, if one were to exist, we often imagine the future of humans, sometimes millions or even billions of years from now, as if the human race is eternal. In the words of Carl Sagan: 'We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.' We will be gone one day, and so will the rest of the life in the universe.

We must make it our goal to become worthy of being placed on that cosmic timeline, to be something wondrous before it is too late. For, in spite of life\'s beauty, on the cosmic scale it is still fleeting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.