ok guys I have a really cool idea for KSP multiplayer. the idea is that when multiplayer is released you do a game mode called space race, there are 2 or more teams ( preferably 2) and it uses career mode so you must do science to get parts and all of that. Both players then run their respective programs against eachother and race each other for firsts just like the cold war. then as they go on one side may complete stuff faster than the other and come up with better designs so maybe you can contract with each other and when it happens you can use that players craft that you contracted for , and then also have joint contracts like the ISS or something, just an idea, I also wouldn't mind a single player version with an AI, thoughts? if anyone could make a mod like that if squad isn't interested then please do!

Multiplayer would essentialy be this, but much better. Imagine:

You join a multiplayer server, you have no crafts, no science, nothing. You build your way up until you can orbit and dock with other crafts. You find the community space station (an inevitable thing that would be made) and dock with it, adding your very own module, contributing to the community's space program. The whole server then comes together to build one huge multi-module craft to send off to Jool, leaving stations, landers, satellites, and bases in their wake.

Wouldn't that be awesome? This is why I can't wait for multiplayer. The community are so helpful and friendly that combined missions would be inevitable. The community would make the multiplayer mode the best multiplayer of any game to date, in my opinion. The only problem would be FPS death due to part count.

Obviously i don't know anything (it's even too early to speculate) about multiplayer, but I don't think that it would be basing on competition between players, but cooperation... You can imagine working together in space (or EVA together like in moon-base alpha) with other players to achieve common goal with other guys giving you directions from mission control. also mission control could take responsibilities of a server admin and game master (bit like in D&D... "this mission it's going too smooth... maybe I add some unexpected failure") controlling the scenario and telling the story.

Also cold war wasn't best possible source of motivation for space exploration, and history shows it failed miserably after it lost it's political value.

Edited by karolus10

Multiplayer would essentialy be this, but much better. Imagine:

You join a multiplayer server, you have no crafts, no science, nothing. You build your way up until you can orbit and dock with other crafts. You find the community space station (an inevitable thing that would be made) and dock with it, adding your very own module, contributing to the community's space program. The whole server then comes together to build one huge multi-module craft to send off to Jool, leaving stations, landers, satellites, and bases in their wake.

Wouldn't that be awesome? This is why I can't wait for multiplayer. The community are so helpful and friendly that combined missions would be inevitable. The community would make the multiplayer mode the best multiplayer of any game to date, in my opinion. The only problem would be FPS death due to part count.

I'm just hoping that multiplayer would allow for multiple players to help run a single mission. Co-Op EVAs from the same ship, landers deployed from the mothership controlled by a different player.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.