[1.0.4] KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.5 - Utilities for shared mod use 25 Jun

swamp_ig

I'm sure some are already aware of the problem, but I have found that the automatic version handling of KSPAPIExtensions no longer works properly. Something has changed in either KSP or Unity such that while KSP attempts to load all the different versions of the versioning addon, only the first one loaded is actually used. ModuleManager still works, and while its versioning scheme is a little different, the main difference I can see is MM has versions in the dll names.

When I find out exactly what's going on, I hope to come up with a fix. Until then, everyone will just have to ensure all mods using KSPAPIExt are all using the same version :/

There is a problem with .24.1

I have tested in a clean environment with /just/ the KSAPIExtensions.dll.

Create a craft with just a probe body, tank and engine. Go to the launchpad and you can right click on the body, right click on the tank but once you right-click on the engine, righclick is broken for everything.

This is just with the stock Squad, NASAMission and the dll, nothing else.

NOTE: This is what shows up in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UIPartActionFloatRange.OnValueChanged (IUIObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIProgressSlider.UpdateValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIProgressSlider.set_Value (Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionFloatRange.SetSliderValue (Single rawValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionFloatRange.Setup (.UIPartActionWindow window, .Part part, .PartModule partModule, UI_Scene scene, .UI_Control control, .BaseField field) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionWindow.SetupFieldControl (.BaseField field, .Part part, .PartModule module, Int32 row) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionWindow.Setup (.Part part, DisplayType type, UI_Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.CreatePartUI (.Part part, DisplayType type, UI_Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.SelectPart (.Part part, Boolean allowMultiple) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.HandleMouseClick (UnityEngine.Camera cam, Boolean allowMultiple) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

And it happens on 32 bit or 64 bit.

HERE is the log (with all the Line 49 lines removed): https://gist.github.com/aelana/e41deb3d712c3aefccb3

Edited by elfindreams

e-dog: posted.

elfindreams: unable to replicate. Sounds like you have an old version maybe.

I just checked too, and cannot replicate. These lines show you have an older version of KSPAPI.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Consolas]Platform assembly: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ksp_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)[/FONT][/COLOR][UIPartActionsExtendedRegistration] Elected unopposed version= 1.6.0.0 at C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\GameData\KSPAPIExtensions.dll

Platform assembly: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\kerbal space program\ksp_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
[CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 3 from 'KSPAPIExtensions'

Im getting this error with .24.1 I have serveral mods installed, im not sure where to fix this. Can you point me in the right direction? thanks. After loading, at the main menu, the game completely crashes.

edit: i did a search on my harddrive, i found kspapiextensions.dll in the Procedural Fairings mod folder. Do I need to replace this file with the one i can download in this thread or should i wait for procedural fairings to be updated? Removing this mod does not fix the crash however, but it does fix the incomparible mods message.

14716328556_7cbd3b5777_o.jpg

Edited by ManaElement

elfindreams: after digging a bit more, I've seen reports of people getting that stock.

ManaElement: The fix is "wait a day for e-dog to update Procedural Fairings" -- yes, there *are* sometimes delays when new KSP releases come out, and usually it's a much better idea to wait for the mod maker to release her/his own update than try replacing DLLs yourself, since that usually causes more problems than it solves.

elfindreams: after digging a bit more, I've seen reports of people getting that stock.

ManaElement: The fix is "wait a day for e-dog to update Procedural Fairings" -- yes, there *are* sometimes delays when new KSP releases come out, and usually it's a much better idea to wait for the mod maker to release her/his own update than try replacing DLLs yourself, since that usually causes more problems than it solves.

Fair enough, I can be patient, thanks Nathan.

KSP 0.24.2 is released, fixing right-click issue. And I just updated PF for 0.24.1 a few hours ago :)

Is this issue a problem with having to right click on your active window out of KSP so it will allow you to left click normally?

I've been getting that, still am, and I am hoping this is the cause. It's not huge, I just right click to get functional again. I'm just hoping that this is the source of the issue and my hunt is at its end.

Edit: Firefox update, should have known.

Edited by Ballistic Idiot

What exactly is causing the 'non compatible mod' popup when you launch the game? I now have 3 different popups telling me that KSPAPI is incompatible, but all three of those mods are working, and they are all the most recent versions. Is it the game, the dll, or the mods causing the popup? It's pretty annoying :(

What exactly is causing the 'non compatible mod' popup when you launch the game? I now have 3 different popups telling me that KSPAPI is incompatible, but all three of those mods are working, and they are all the most recent versions. Is it the game, the dll, or the mods causing the popup? It's pretty annoying :(

I'm fairly certain that you don't have the most recent versions. It all depends on what dll version was packaged with the mod. If you are on a windows system you can check the version of the KSPAPI version number by looking at the properties of the dll. In some cases, replacing the most recent version of the dll to all the other dlls with the same name _may_ fix it.

I'm fairly certain that you don't have the most recent versions. It all depends on what dll version was packaged with the mod. If you are on a windows system you can check the version of the KSPAPI version number by looking at the properties of the dll. In some cases, replacing the most recent version of the dll to all the other dlls with the same name _may_ fix it.

As of today, July 29 I am using TweakScale 1.33 released 7/28...Procedural Fairings 2.08 released 7/26 and Modular Fuel Tanks 5.0.1a (OP edited 7/22)...all in KSP 0.24.2

So they are all the most recent versions....I've tried replacing those DLLs with 1.6.3 and they all fail.

As of today, July 29 I am using TweakScale 1.33 released 7/28...Procedural Fairings 2.08 released 7/26 and Modular Fuel Tanks 5.0.1a (OP edited 7/22)...all in KSP 0.24.2

So they are all the most recent versions....I've tried replacing those DLLs with 1.6.3 and they all fail.

MFT is not updated for .24.2 and will cause issues as of right now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.