[1.0.4] KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.5 - Utilities for shared mod use 25 Jun

swamp_ig

When you do officially release the update, could I ask a favor? Could you check that all of the files for this are in the github repo and up to date? (Including any modified solution files?) I've been trying to tweak and/or rebuild KAE since.... 0.24?.... and as of yet I've never been able to get a clean build of it from either Visual Studio or Mono. (Or is there something bizarre you're doing to build this?)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the requirement to announce the intent still in effect? I'd like to use the library in my procedural wing mod to solve issues with stock float sliders not allowing proper selection of all possible values.

It's notionally my job to update the list. If I've missed people, sorry; but since the requirement, as I understand it, was to make swamp_ig's job of maintaining KAE easier, and since taniwha is now maintaining it, it should be fine if he says "don't bother."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks taniwha - was just wondering because one of them broke. Or I broke it I think. Updated my version of b9 procedural and suddenly all kspapie tweakables worked at a framerate of circa 5.. Odd. It worked again when I removed said copy, with superficially no ill effects. Maybe next unicorns will die

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to lock the right click menu in place while dragging the slider of a KSPApiExtensions Float-edit field? When TweakScale changes the part size, the menu wanders off with the center of the part, making it difficult to stay on the slider.

Edit: I have taken over the maintenance of TweakScale from Biotronic, so I am also a user of KSPApiExtensions now.

Edited by pellinor

When compiling the source from Github, I get the following problems:

the .csproj (and also the makefile) references two files that are not part of the repo:

* tagged_classes.cs

* Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs

Without them, monodevelop seems to compile fine. However, after compiling TweakScale against the new dll, the Tweakable is missing and the alt-F2 log shows the following (appears 2x per right click on any part with tweakScale module):

[Error]: item prefab for control type 'UI_FloatEdit' not found.

Am I doing something wrong? My plan is to make a variant of the float tweakable that supports variable increments (like 0.625 - 1.25 - 2.5 etc).

I finished a working tweakable: https://github.com/pellinor0/KSPAPIExtensions

It takes a list of interval boundaries (n floats for n-1 intervals). A pair of arrows switches the interval, and the slider allows free tweaking inbetween. The slider increment can be given as a single value, or as a list of length n-1, so that each interval can have its own slider steps. If it detects an inconsistent state, or the number of intervals is zero, the slider and buttons are deactivated and it just shows its value.

Would you like to include this into KAE?

Edited by pellinor

Any status on this, taniwha, NathanKell? If you are not interested in the class, would you help me separate it from KAE? I just don't get how this item prefab registration works.

At the moment I have moved TweakScale to the new tweakable and would like to give out a dev version. Which probably is not a good idea as long as it depends on a custom version of KAE.

EDIT: solved. I managed to separate it.

Edited by pellinor

• 2 weeks later...

And I've been a bit too impatient to release the next TweakScale version.

At the moment the tweakable is doing its work fine within TweakScale, so there is no need to hurry. Currently I am also working on stuff for Infernal Robotics, which gave me some ideas to improve the tweakable. So I'd prefer to give it a bit more time before integrating.

As I understand, a pull request means that someting is finished and ready to be merged. Or is it also used for "let's discuss about this piece of WIP code" ?

Pull request created.

The thing I thought about for IR is two extra buttons tied to +/-infinity. Most likely they would only be used together with a single interval, so that is better done as a separate thing instead of adding it here.

So from my part the tweakable is finished and ready to merge. Code review is always welcome, since C# is not my native programming language.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.