What do you usually write on flags?

lxknvlk

The first flag I plant usually has something meaningful but all of the other flags have the text "delete" so that I can easily removing them from the tracking station. Really annoying that every Kerbal on the mission has to plant a flag to get the xp. 

Edited by Basto

16 minutes ago, Basto said:

The first flag I plant usually has something meaningful but all of the other flags have the text "delete" so that I can easily removing them from the tracking station. Really annoying that every Kerbal on the mission has to plant a flag to get the xp. 

Uh - you can take 'em down while on EVA, btw.. Right click on flag, take down.. It just takes a second to appear (for whatever reason).  Also, they don't need any names at all, just hit cancel, flag still appears.

I agree, however, that the experience bonus for planting a flag is ridiculous.  Surface EVA should be the peak experience event...or was Neil Armstrong higher level than Buzz Aldrin because he planted the only flag on that mission?

6 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Uh - you can take 'em down while on EVA, btw.. Right click on flag, take down.. It just takes a second to appear (for whatever reason).  Also, they don't need any names at all, just hit cancel, flag still appears.

I agree, however, that the experience bonus for planting a flag is ridiculous.  Surface EVA should be the peak experience event...or was Neil Armstrong higher level than Buzz Aldrin because he planted the only flag on that mission?

Haha good to know. I swear I learn something new about this game every day. 

Usually either "we come in peace for all kerbals" or "My planet! MINE".  I suppose I could go for "one small step for kerbal, one tiny bump in XP" for all those "plant a flag for 1xp" trips.  Haven't had a "another flag another contract" for a flag colonist.  Actually the xp flags rarely get comments as they are taken down and replaced by the next kerbal.

Edited by wumpus

In career i use them to mark biomes. Otherwise and in addition, i put "Jeb wuz here" or "Bill and Val wuz here" to commemorate the crew that made it all the way to duna or minmus or whatnot.

In sandbox, i just put random stuff, or use them to mark lading sites, bases etc.

In career mode I'll usually write information about the landing: biome, landing sequence, etc. Helps keep track of what science I've done and what I haven't. 

In sandbox I'll usually just write something funny. "We came in peace, not in pieces." "Pistachio ice cream again?" "My kerbonauts went to the Mun and all I got was this dumb flag." 

Title : Name of biome

Body: Name of kerbal, name of mission, science recovered, ore concentration if appliable at the time.

It helps a lot remembering what is still to be done, especially because apparently having a list of stuff that is still to be done in a biome would spoil the game according with SQUAD ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.