[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Ooh, that looks cool!

Thanks! :)

You should ask Felbourn about this. i think he managed it in his RSS History series on his R-7.

Anyway, the stage looks great.

I will certainly have a look, thanks! If it is achievable without plugins, great.

Fairings - were previously missing, fixed.

045c42ad9a.jpg

Edit: moved decoupler over to shared texture, still maybe space for Vostok main engine.

d67bd94f9c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Vostok main engine moved over to upper stage texture, another less texture! :)

dd3a881041.jpg

I want to ask, before Proton is refurbished, people's preferences, as I am not sure myself.

I plan to remodel in white, but can either have:

There can be in the current style, but white, or in a "TLV" style with more segmented panels.

7b51d7f094.jpg

I want to ask, before Proton is refurbished, people's preferences, as I am not sure myself.

There can be in the current style, but white, or in a "TLV" style with more segmented panels.

http://puu.sh/dWAwJ/7b51d7f094.jpg

Hmmm, I'm leaning towards the panel texture, but I want to see the other stages in those textures before I make a final decision.

Putin Vostok Folder!:cool: (Actually when the name of the file from the download is not separated "Put In" Spells "Putin":P)

LOL!

I had noticed that... Unintentional I'd say :blush:

ATV IVA

I had forgot to show this:

Porkjet was incredibly kind to allow use of new Cargo bag assets, they really spice it up!

f583f3e5e2.jpg

f4a086fc40.jpg

Hmmm, I'm leaning towards the panel texture, but I want to see the other stages in those textures before I make a final decision.

I am myself, but it is difficult to imagine how lower stage will look...

What better way to ring in the new year?

Very nice! Love the launch vehicle.

More science!

Other missions - total gain of approximately a thousand points of science ...

mun_1_2.jpg?ver=0

It remains to fuel further landings at 5-6, maybe even more.

: Cool:

http://puu.sh/dWAwJ/7b51d7f094.jpg

My vote is for current style. TLV and ALV should be two totally different designs.

This mod is still my #1 go to mod for space capsules.

And now I see you have a part modding for beginners tutorial! Very nice.

Very nice to hear, thanks!

Tutorial stuff, I may just dump all my textures in Dropbox, to give free access - allow people to make recolours, procedural part textures, etc.

Recolours - not so hard, turns out you don't need .mbm file, a .tga or .png with the same file name will be loaded instead if you delete the original .mbm

More science!

Other missions - total gain of approximately a thousand points of science ...

http://img98.rajce.idnes.cz/d9802/10/10447/10447390_7baedd9cfb1ead1a3fc4c0161e06b526/images/mun_1_2.jpg?ver=0

It remains to fuel further landings at 5-6, maybe even more.

: Cool:

Really nice!

I love the refueling! I want to go biome-hopping with one of these :)

My vote is for current style. TLV and ALV should be two totally different designs.

I hear ya! :)

Of course, brand new style is also option.

no window seats on the atv?

Ah, for now, no. :(

I need to make my own seat props, they may be suited to more 'eccentric' uses like ATV window seats.

I'll be honest, this latest IVA has had a difficult birth, a few redesigns, for now I just want to get the other IVAs "done".

Edited by Beale

When Proton is refurbished, will it be less powerful? Every time I launch the Proton, I can get the payload into orbit without even having to use the third stage. I know there has been discussion of reducing the length of the third stage, and I think that would be a good idea. Proton is not supposed to be as powerful as N1 or Saturn V!

When Proton is refurbished, will it be less powerful? Every time I launch the Proton, I can get the payload into orbit without even having to use the third stage. I know there has been discussion of reducing the length of the third stage, and I think that would be a good idea. Proton is not supposed to be as powerful as N1 or Saturn V!

Yes, it will be reduced capability.

Originally I had never planned to do N1, so Proton was designed as "ultra-heavy" lift vehicle.

Now with Energia and such on the horizon, Proton will no longer get to be "big daddy booster".

Using Tantares, Stock and parts from NecroBones's Joolian Discovery. I have made some sort of thing that I feel was inspired a little bit by Star Trek's Botany Bay. It has a little two man lander that can be refueled for multiple landings. http://imgur.com/a/VknR2

Aw man! I am not too familiar with star trek, but that's a gorgeous design! :)

I want to see it in action!

Good to hear about proton getting turned down as few notches!

And that's a good looking ship but its not the Botany Bay ;-)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/5/5a/SS_Botany_Bay,_remastered.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130709090332&path-prefix=en

So the Proton, a fresh model. :)

Waaay more accurate scale, the old Proton was a bit thin.

Plus a bit more detail in securing pipes and etc...

The polycount is just over 1000 at the moment, with the nozzles added it will be a bit higher... A tricky one, I admit. But, given that a KSP stock Proton lower stage would be around 12 tanks and 6 engines (At around a 1000 polygons each), I think it's acceptable.

27f176424c.jpg

6e1115476c.jpg

Beale

Textures on the "Vostok" upper stage looks cool! Many thanks to you for correction of my 3D-models and nice texturing!:)

Lighting in ATV is also cool!

Many thanks! :)

I am glad you like the end result.

Edited by Beale

I like new looks for Proton! The only part that bugs me is these struts (yes, the real stuff also has them, but still...).

Also, any chances for custom decouplers with built-in retrorockets?

Ah, the struts, I had chosen them for the likeness to the real one. They are a bit less prominent when the texture is applied, so hopefully you will not notice them as much.

Decouplers - Sure! I don't want to use the old blue separator anymore.

It's a heavy WIP, but texture is somewhere in between old and TLV, grey body, lighter radials.

No stripe like TLV though, plain colours.

fe5b759160.jpg944c00ef5b.jpg

Have you ever considered using AVC?

http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ it would sure help keeping up with this VERY active and dynamic pack!! :D

I'm not sure, Tantares is already on CKAN.

This thing is interesting too though, thanks, I'll take a look :)

For development, I'm using my trusty SVN server - no risk of losing everything.

Edited by Beale

Beale, do you think it would be possible to make UR/LK-700 parts fitted for your VA module, with 2.5m lower stages?
Huh, that concept looks cool. I've never tried a direct ascent landing. It'd be interesting to see what Beale makes out of this.

http://www.astronautix.com/craft/lk700.htm

A direct ascent lander is something different, it's true.

Pretty handy also that some of the parts for it I've already made.

And, with the "upper" stages of the rockets that are to be made, can be used as "lower" stages of the landers, maybe.

Could do it, I like the LK-700 in Kosmos, it is pretty useful.

Here's some more WIP stuff, nameplate.

0f3ef97358.jpg

Also, this time, I try a bit of under-coat texture, maybe it will make a nice difference. Never really used it in the past.

e38574caa3.jpg

Compare

5827bfc5e9.jpg

Edited by Beale

Here's some more WIP stuff, nameplate.

http://puu.sh/dYrVL/0f3ef97358.jpg

The slants at the bottom of the (radial tanks?) on the real Proton, slant upward, exposing part of the engine assembly. It's due to these pieces indicated (don't know what they're for. Possibly aerodynamic stability or exhaust protection?)

FmKOhkx.png

Another picture shows a better view of what I'm talking about.

MrpDXf0.png

Just so you know.

Edited by AppleDavidJeans