[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Basically the view in the mockup is for when you double click the window, standard IVA seating views will not be like that (instead more focused on the control panels, etc.)

The bottom of the Gemini will be a 2.5m node, lemme mockup a "Titan" rocket for you!

TKS placeholders for Gemini "Skirt"

http://puu.sh/fzuX7/ea0af1c325.jpg

so if the skirt is 2.5 meters on the bottom and its using a tks part as a stand in then I assume the capsule is 1.875 on the bottom right?

on the subject of the gemini IVA windows vs. control panels I'm afraid corvus and fasa have unfortunately also set a high standard of giving a good view of both

pxGvTLT.png

SZFd3Ey.png

so if the skirt is 2.5 meters on the bottom and its using a tks part as a stand in then I assume the capsule is 1.875 on the bottom right?

on the subject of the gemini IVA windows vs. control panels I'm afraid corvus and fasa have unfortunately also set a high standard of giving a good view of both

http://i.imgur.com/pxGvTLT.png

http://i.imgur.com/SZFd3Ey.png

Yup 1.875m :)

I think for sure this one will have a half decent view in Iva mode, ehm, I'll have to mock up an interior mesh to play around.

Since upgrading, I'm getting an error with the Tantares mod in Module Manager. MM gets stuck when trying to load Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Engine_A/part/Capella_Engine_A. Here's the log. Looks like the exception might be responsible:

[LOG 21:28:20.708] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Control_A/part/Capella_Control_A'
[ERR 21:28:20.719] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleFuelTanks'

[LOG 21:28:20.721] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Found TRANSMITTER block.
[LOG 21:28:20.722] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFFA65A2][50.57]: OnAwake
[LOG 21:28:20.741] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFFA6566][50.57]: OnAwake
[LOG 21:28:20.747] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy
[LOG 21:28:20.747] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 21:28:20.750] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Engine_A/part/Capella_Engine_A'
[WRN 21:28:20.754] PartLoader Warning: Variable oldMaxTemp not found in Part
[WRN 21:28:20.754] PartLoader Warning: Variable tempMult not found in Part
[LOG 21:28:20.759] MMH not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 21:28:20.760] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleEnginesFX.SetupPropellant ()
ModuleEnginesFX.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

Edit:

I managed to fix the issue by deleting the following files:

Tantares\Tantares_Extra_RealFuels.cfg

TantaresLV\TantaresLV_Extra_RealFuels.cfg

Deleting the first one fixed the first issue, but Module Manager got stuck again shortly after. Deleting the second one managed to load into the game fine. Since I don't use RealFuels, I don't care for these files, but I suspects they might be the cause of the issue I was having. I hope it helps. :)

Edited by Zeenobit

Basically the view in the mockup is for when you double click the window, standard IVA seating views will not be like that (instead more focused on the control panels, etc.)

The bottom of the Gemini will be a 2.5m node, lemme mockup a "Titan" rocket for you!

TKS placeholders for Gemini "Skirt"

http://puu.sh/fzuX7/ea0af1c325.jpg

Beale! I'm so happy! Sad of course to hear that the Apollo D2 is discontinued (Long live the D2!) but this new little Tantini (Gemares?) is such a good replacement. Between that, the VA pod, and the Spektr pod it is possible to have a really good progression of spacecraft outside of the Vostok, Zond, Soyuz line. I'm very excited!

Also, for my taste I kind of prefer the smaller windows; Soviet spacecraft have never seemed to be too concerned with that sort of thing. Obviously this isn't a real Soviet spacecraft though!

You always do such a good job making replicas of spacecraft; it's great to see you branching out a bit into your own designs with the Spektr and this little guy.

Oh g-d, *Nicholas Cage impression* not the khleb, not the khleb! My real name is Gleb, so yeah, in school I was often called "bread", since it's just one letter away. :D

Not to be offtop, I'm congratulating Beale on the release of AB Launchers (if someone haven't seen, check'em: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106687-WIP-AB-Launchers-0-1-5m-Energia-parts-7-Feb) and the grand Gemini reveal. :)

I'm currently balancing the N-1 for the TLV pack and SXT, so I will have lots of numbers soon. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Since upgrading, I'm getting an error with the Tantares mod in Module Manager. MM gets stuck when trying to load Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Engine_A/part/Capella_Engine_A. Here's the log. Looks like the exception might be responsible:

[LOG 21:28:20.708] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Control_A/part/Capella_Control_A'
[ERR 21:28:20.719] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleFuelTanks'

[LOG 21:28:20.721] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Found TRANSMITTER block.
[LOG 21:28:20.722] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFFA65A2][50.57]: OnAwake
[LOG 21:28:20.741] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFFA6566][50.57]: OnAwake
[LOG 21:28:20.747] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy
[LOG 21:28:20.747] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 21:28:20.750] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/ATV/Capella_Engine_A/part/Capella_Engine_A'
[WRN 21:28:20.754] PartLoader Warning: Variable oldMaxTemp not found in Part
[WRN 21:28:20.754] PartLoader Warning: Variable tempMult not found in Part
[LOG 21:28:20.759] MMH not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 21:28:20.760] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ModuleEnginesFX.SetupPropellant ()
ModuleEnginesFX.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

Edit:

I managed to fix the issue by deleting the following files:

Tantares\Tantares_Extra_RealFuels.cfg

TantaresLV\TantaresLV_Extra_RealFuels.cfg

Deleting the first one fixed the first issue, but Module Manager got stuck again shortly after. Deleting the second one managed to load into the game fine. Since I don't use RealFuels, I don't care for these files, but I suspects they might be the cause of the issue I was having. I hope it helps. :)

Thanks for bug report! I'm gonna check it out and make a quick fix!

Oh g-d, *Nicholas Cage impression* not the khleb, not the khleb! My real name is Gleb, so yeah, in school I was often called "bread", since it's just one letter away. :D

Not to be offtop, I'm congratulating Beale on the release of AB Launchers (if someone haven't seen, check'em: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106687-WIP-AB-Launchers-0-1-5m-Energia-parts-7-Feb) and the grand Gemini reveal. :)

I'm currently balancing the N-1 for the TLV pack and SXT, so I will have lots of numbers soon. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for bug report! I'm gonna check it out and make a quick fix!

In Serbian it is Hleb

Serbian and Russian so similar :P

Now I want a Gleb Kerbal in honor of Niemand303. :D

Beale, do any of the new Tantares parts need TAC configuration files? Also, did you wind up using the TST water purifier, air purifier, etc. on the Salyut parts?

Awesome Gemini!

Also, there is no RT support for both Venera and V2. Fixed that for ya:

@PART[Fomalhaut_Control_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

@PART[Fomalhaut_Science_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%TechRequired = flightControl
%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[PSR_Control_A]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = start
%OmniRange = 500000

}
}
}

Venera's antenna has a range of 500km, so you'll need a relay satellite on orbit (its orbital module, presumably)

V2 has a built-in antenna with a range of 500km, so you won't need to add another parts.

Edited by biohazard15

Thanks to the awesome Tantares Revamp, I can now go back to what I like best: Space-Station-Building :cool:

http://imgur.com/a/TCnka

Thanks again Beale, the Gemini looks really good!

How did you make the double layered fairing?!?

Also, I made a launch tower for the V2. nowhere near as impressive as my R-7 Towers, but then again, the V2 was nowhere near as impressive as the R-7 either:D

BYudKEL.jpg

This one doesn't use any mods besides Tantares itself, but as a consequence, the V2 likes to collide with the tower every now and then.:P

NOOOOO!

if only there were a suitable OM, then I could make one with recolored tantares stuff and PF

A Spektr OM could be a good fit, Consider the D2 would have been a bit bigger than a Soyuz (I think?).

Beale! I'm so happy! Sad of course to hear that the Apollo D2 is discontinued (Long live the D2!) but this new little Tantini (Gemares?) is such a good replacement. Between that, the VA pod, and the Spektr pod it is possible to have a really good progression of spacecraft outside of the Vostok, Zond, Soyuz line. I'm very excited!

Also, for my taste I kind of prefer the smaller windows; Soviet spacecraft have never seemed to be too concerned with that sort of thing. Obviously this isn't a real Soviet spacecraft though!

You always do such a good job making replicas of spacecraft; it's great to see you branching out a bit into your own designs with the Spektr and this little guy.

Many thanks for the kind words! :)

Thanks to the awesome Tantares Revamp, I can now go back to what I like best: Space-Station-Building :cool:

http://imgur.com/a/TCnka

Thanks again Beale, the Gemini looks really good!

Is that an ISS?

Sweet!

The guys in Lubyanka are starting to get nervous... Is comrade Beale Khlebovich now working for the kapitalist pigdogs?

(Just kidding! Superb work Beale!)

The Gemini blueprints were "liberated" from our American friends, don't worry I have not defected :wink:

Many thanks! :)

Pavonis (V2) Command Module is also good for a R-7 Warhead

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg559/bien_vincent/screenshot250_zpsm84nmr4u.png

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

I did notice that, it would need a slight texture edit to fit better :)

Awesome Gemini!

Also, there is no RT support for both Venera and V2. Fixed that for ya:

@PART[Fomalhaut_Control_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

@PART[Fomalhaut_Science_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%TechRequired = flightControl
%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[PSR_Control_A]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = start
%OmniRange = 500000

}
}
}

Venera's antenna has a range of 500km, so you'll need a relay satellite on orbit (its orbital module, presumably)

V2 has a built-in antenna with a range of 500km, so you won't need to add another parts.

Many thanks, these are great!

I've been playing without RT so I would not notice this things.

Beale Kerman is long since dead. Maybe he will live again in my next career game.

:(

How did you make the double layered fairing?!?

Also, I made a launch tower for the V2. nowhere near as impressive as my R-7 Towers, but then again, the V2 was nowhere near as impressive as the R-7 either:D

http://i.imgur.com/BYudKEL.jpg

This one doesn't use any mods besides Tantares itself, but as a consequence, the V2 likes to collide with the tower every now and then.:P

I too would very much like to know about the fairings!

The launch tower is too cute! I will try this.

Beale, would it be possible to add some LK-700 landing gear?

The new LK will be needing custom landing legs, so hopefully I will get the hang of how to make them things. Maybe.

Parachute/RCS/Decoupler.

Yes all three, it is a bit of a niche part!

c97bfcf9c4.jpg

b23d44dd62.jpg

The design of the "docking port" is a bit of a sticky point, but it's coming.

7d2d9f612c.jpg

Hey Beale, you should make a LES that fits your lovely new Gemini as well as the Mk. 1 pod so we can do Mercury missions in an early career game. Love the texture on that Gemini pod!

285px-Mercury_Capsule2.pngMaybe something like this

Edited by Chadley123

Hey Beale, you should make a LES that fits your lovely new Gemini as well as the Mk. 1 pod so we can do Mercury missions in an early career game. Love the texture on that Gemini pod!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Mercury_Capsule2.png/285px-Mercury_Capsule2.pngMaybe something like this

Gemini, along with Vostok, were the only spacecrafts that had ejection seats as "LES".

(Well, at least it's better than Space Shuttle, which has virtually no LES at all - the whole idea of parachuting out of it sounds mad. Even for KSP.)

You should make the forward piece of the Gemini nose section work like a standard four-way RCS, and make the rear bit just a Tantares-style decoupler/parachute, but .625 size. That would make both pieces more useful for building non-Gemini craft, especially because the "docking port" function of the front bit would have no use unless there was Agena.

EDIT - Oh and are there going to be separate reentry and equipment modules?

Edited by Kibble
another question