[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This is absolutely gorgeous! And that core makes me think about another possible ISS construction, the original heavy Mir-2 core, that should have been delivered by an Energia launcher. :)

Several variants, first one is 75 tons, the second is 84 tons:

o.0 That first version is so beautiful!!

That ROMBUS link got me thinking...

Here I'm using your V2 nose and Tavio tanks.

That is genius! What solarpanels are those?

Edited by Sackpfeife

One thing I realized while finishing up the .craft files for the new release is that we have no 1.875 stack engine. I was trying to put together an accurate ASTP .craft, but I couldn't really find a good engine for a 1.875 Apollo made from the VA capsule and the cargo bay.

As it turns out, hoojiwana's MPR-45 from RLA is perfect, it's just too small. That engine in 1.875m would be a perfect Apollo OMS engine. I'll go post in RLA, but I know hooj hangs around here. Is there anyway we could get that engine to TweakScale up to 1.875?

Oh, and Mir .crafts will be dropping as soon as ASTP and ISS modules as finished. Literally have stayed all night tonight finishing the launchers and the descriptions...

Album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by curtquarquesso

MIR-2?

Also, as a part of being silly, I made a MM config that uses Adaptive Docking Node to make the non-androgynous ports actually non-androgynous. I only briefly tested it, but it might be of use to someone. Maybe.

Beale, I couldn't see any CLS configs around recently (could have sworn there have been some, but can't see them now). Should the parachute/decoupler and the small docking ports be crew-passable?

Are my eyes tricking me? Beale is doing making a historic American spacecraft?

Awesome, i can't wait! Also, we need a Titan II GLV for that Gemini, Gemini-Proton just doesn't feel right.

Edited by Sylandro

But... it is actually larger, Soyuz capsule is 2.2m wide, Gemini is 3m wide. So, the proportions would be correct. :)

Yeah, that's correct. Also, it would be nice replacement for Spica.

Titan II GLV, on the other side, would be kinda hard to replicate without using mods like NovaPunch or KW. Stock 1.25m engines are too weak for LR-87.

Yeah, that's correct. Also, it would be nice replacement for Spica.

Titan II GLV, on the other side, would be kinda hard to replicate without using mods like NovaPunch or KW. Stock 1.25m engines are too weak for LR-87.

SpaceY with its 1.25 400kN engines can be used and it doesn't require much in terms of RAM. :)

That is genius! What solarpanels are those?

FASA Large Station Panels - basically they are skylab side panels. I grabbed FASA just for the launch towers, but when I dug into their files they had both the launch towers and some solar panels in a "MISC" folder - so I just copied the misc folder over and got both the towers/clamps and the panels.

- - - Updated - - -

BUG!

Pavonus Nose cone

Build a ship, launch, revert to launch - now the cone is floating over the rest of the craft.

SpaceY with its 1.25 400kN engines can be used and it doesn't require much in terms of RAM. :)

Hmm, totally forgot about that one (shame on me, as I have it installed!).

Although, would a 800kN engine suffice for a 2.5m rocket? Anyway, as good old Mordin Solus once said - TESTS!

EDIT: Yeah, you're totally right - here's a nice Titan II GLV, made from stock and SpaceY parts (engines and 2.5-1.25 interstage):

Kzoa4DJ.jpg

Boilerplate: 6 tons

Engines:

- 1st stage - 2x SpaceY Kiwi, 850 kN

- 2nd stage - 1x SpaceY Kiwi, 425 kN

Mods: FAR, KIDS ("FAR to Stock, atmospheric only" preset)

Achieves 100x100 km orbit with about 1000 m\s dV left.

Anyway - Gemini, I'm ready for ya!

Edited by biohazard15

BUG!

Pavonus Nose cone

Build a ship, launch, revert to launch - now the cone is floating over the rest of the craft.

AHA! It happened to someone else! I posted a screenshot of this a few pages back. My cone actually started floating mid-flight.

BUG!

Pavonus Nose cone

Yeah, there's a bug out there!

It manifests when any V-2 part is a root part and that root part becomes smaller when you're reverting to launch.

Edited by biohazard15

I believe there may be a bug with the new Soyuz parachute

iZYKcQo.png

The parachute may need to be resized because I can see the (what you call it? top hatch?). Second, I can't click on the part in the Action Groups editor (other parts work fine, including the new TKS parachute). Third, both the parachute and decoupler don't show up in the staging sequence, which could be disastrous if the Soyuz was crewed.

Anyone else getting this?

FASA Large Station Panels - basically they are skylab side panels. I grabbed FASA just for the launch towers, but when I dug into their files they had both the launch towers and some solar panels in a "MISC" folder - so I just copied the misc folder over and got both the towers/clamps and the panels.

hmm interesting! One can never have to many different solar panels :wink:

So is it official then that the Tantini windows are gonna be small and high up?

Also does anyone else think that .6 tons for the vostok decoupler is a bit much? There isn't much reason to use it once you get any other decoupler other than to save you a few 100fund's which is a shame because it makes a spiffy looking 1.25 to .625 adapter for launching tiny probes early game without having to stare at a hollow stock decoupler eyesore.

I believe there may be a bug with the new Soyuz parachute

http://i.imgur.com/iZYKcQo.png

The parachute may need to be resized because I can see the (what you call it? top hatch?). Second, I can't click on the part in the Action Groups editor (other parts work fine, including the new TKS parachute). Third, both the parachute and decoupler don't show up in the staging sequence, which could be disastrous if the Soyuz was crewed.

Anyone else getting this?

From what I can tell, this is a bug with RealChute. It has happened to me before. To fix it, you can just delete the Tantares file in RealChute. The Tantares chutes will be stock, but they will work well enough.

From what I can tell, this is a bug with RealChute. It has happened to me before. To fix it, you can just delete the Tantares file in RealChute. The Tantares chutes will be stock, but they will work well enough.

The name of the cap part changed, causing the entire thing to die horribly, as the RC config refers to that. In RC, under TantaresParachuteA in ModuleManager/Tantares_RealChute_MM.cfg, change the line starting with "capName" to say "capName = Cap". I should report it somewhere or something, or make an MM config that would fix it, but I had a terrible headache most of the day.

EDIT: oh, and the sizing is fine for me, though the nodes are a bit awkwardly close together, causing all sort of funkiness.

EDIT2: also, I have no real idea about RC/chutes in general. It may actually be that cap thingie Jeb wears, not the cap of the chute container. Point is, after that change RC stopped barfing.

Edited by ModZero