[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

So dynamic. Love it.

Thanks! :)

didn't the LK have a honeycomb grid style docking port?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_and_berthing_of_spacecraft#/media/File:Kontakt_docking_system.png

Though its novelties can't really be expressed in kerbal so it might be a bit redundant to bother making

Yep, I'll need to consider what docking mechanism to use.

Found a bug - the landing legs.

If you start with them deployed, launch, hit G to retract , hit G again to extend, then hit G a third time to retract (and on any further extend/retract cycles) the legs "snap" into place instead of going through the animation.

Basically, they only go through the retract animation the first time you retract them.

Confirmed:

State at launch: Deployed

First G press - Normal retraction

Second G press - Normal deployment

Third G press - Instant retraction

Subsequent G presses repeat "Second" and "Third" above.

State at launch: Retracted

First G press - Normal deployment

Second G Press - Instant retraction

Subsequent G presses repeat this pattern

Missing Keyframe?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!! I try to make it a bit different.

And, weep not for Venera - even tho this is career, I allow myself to revert in the event of something like this happening (it's either that or bounce back and forth with Sandbox and experiment, so what's the difference?)

Here is the successful Parking Orbit to Eve flight! (not so KBS styled since there are no TV cameras in space LOL)

http://youtu.be/YBU4-4Gb9bg

Yep, I can confirm the landing gear bug.

Thankfully it only seems to be aesthetic problem, but I'll try to fix. It is ugly.

@tg626, I now really would like to see the outcome of this mission! :)

While launching my M-1 (finally!) I saw that the ALV-C engine would flame out when attached to a procedural tank, saying it's oxidizer deprived. A fuel line running from the tank to the engine fixed this, and I haven't tested it with a regular tank yet, but I should tell you.

EDIT: it does work when attched to the stock tanks, so it must be an issue with the procedural tank.

EDIT2: every time I try to launch a Zarya, I have trouble with the upper stage. It must be cursed.

EDIT3: screenshots!

http://imgur.com/a/siwPX

Nice launcher! It's a shame you are experiencing problems (Try move the root part closer to the COM?)

The engine bug, is odd - but yeah, I think it is a PP problem.

It's unfortunate that I'm out of town right now and I can't try out the new LK parts. Looking forward to using them when I get back. In the meantime, I'll be working on some new models I started this week... this pack has inspired me to get back into mod-making. Thanks Beale.

Well that's good! I guess? If you enjoy modding, it is good to rekindle the flame :)

I love this flag, Beale!

Thanks!

New LK part - the cone antennas.

Maybe I'll adjust the colour.

5a6dce7647.jpg

66db283209.jpg

Nice! Now all you need are this whacky unfolding dish antennae!
Cool antennae! Will be nice 100km-configed for RT, just to maintain contact with LOK. :)

Thanks eh!

Actually I re-made it! Aha

1f68ec01da.jpg

For RT config, currently it's 200km, maybe that can change.

How the LOK is to maintain contact with Kerbin - I don't know.

I guess Mun relays, but that doesn't feel quite right...

Edited by Beale

When I was faced with thjus I started the sparta program. Science platform and roving terrain assesment. Launched a lander with rover and science. Made it wide and with a low cg to keep it from tipping. Then used the rover to found a nearby flat spot to land.

Later target it with your crewed lander. Land, plant flag, take science from Sparta and go home.

When I was faced with thjus I started the sparta program. Science platform and roving terrain assesment. Launched a lander with rover and science. Made it wide and with a low cg to keep it from tipping. Then used the rover to found a nearby flat spot to land.

Later target it with your crewed lander. Land, plant flag, take science from Sparta and go home.

I never had the patience to do so but I've sent Surveyor type probes to find less sloping spots. I guess I'll try it though.

Thanks eh!

Actually I re-made it! Aha

http://puu.sh/gxqh4/1f68ec01da.jpg

For RT config, currently it's 200km, maybe that can change.

How the LOK is to maintain contact with Kerbin - I don't know.

I guess Mun relays, but that doesn't feel quite right...

perhaps those antennas should be red and white, to mirror the stock antennae. give it a try!

I don't think I could ever land anything on a plain. On the Mun I couldn't find a proper landing site so far.

Try the centre of the smallest type of procedural crater, they're usually dead-flat.

Yep, this is my preferred method, almost (I usually go for stationary lander than rover).

Those nesting jets look great for makeshift Soyuz landing thrusters! I have been using Vostok RCS, but these may work better.

Thanks! :)

They may work for the Soyuz, but will require fine tuning.

18KN each, fire for less than a second.

It requires a bit of fast finger-work, but in the event of tipping, you can set yourself right.

ed1807d8b4.jpg

e221a5d404.jpg

d5198bf9a8.jpg

You can't tell well from those pictures, but this was near a 35 degree slope!

4841ef224d.jpg

perhaps those antennas should be red and white, to mirror the stock antennae. give it a try!

Not bad...

8c3bfed18a.jpg

Edited by Beale

Those nesting jets look great for makeshift Soyuz landing thrusters! I have been using Vostok RCS, but these may work better.

If ever I get a free moment to play KSP, and/or KSP works without crashing (GD Unity!), I will try to bash a config together from the landertron mod for these little guys;

I know they're not released, but I imagine they will be by the time I get a moment! :D

That's the "root part resize bug" as I call it. Its a ksp bug. The only fix is to not have that part as the root part of the craft.

Unless you edit the config to switch back to the older model=filename.mu which I do if I can.

That LK is looking good! :) After the next version of the mod gets released.. well, I'm wondering about the Spectre's IVA 'cause I really love the look and feel of that command module, in fact I like it's shape and design more than Gemini's as Spectre isn't just a cone and just like with Gemini, I like that frontal facing window. No rush, just wondering what plans you have regarding Spectre's IVA (with RPM support of course). :D

The LK engine actually had a single landing engine in the center. the other 2 are backup engines.

As we don't have Engine failures in stock KSP Beale announced that "Backup Engines" will instead be RCS Thrusters.