[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hi, Is anyone using Tantares and Tantares LV with RO/RSS/RP-0?

I noticed there are configs in the pack and I'm thinking of starting a new KSP game and just wondering how it worked

The configs are slightly outdated, and I haven't tried RP-0 at all, since the new version of configs should be incorporated "officially" into RO itself. But I can upload the updated version at Dropbox for the sake of having an easier migration.

The configs are slightly outdated, and I haven't tried RP-0 at all, since the new version of configs should be incorporated "officially" into RO itself. But I can upload the updated version at Dropbox for the sake of having an easier migration.

Oh thanks if it wouldn't be too much trouble...otherwise I can just muddle through..I assume the next RO update will have them anyway from what your saying.

Thank you! Indeed it is, feels really weird playing without clouds and kerbals that all look alike.

Looking good, have really been looking forward to IVAs. :D

I'm glad :)

Yes, I love that particular pack, the Kerbal faces are the best available. Sadly I don't have the RAM to spare anymore...

hmmm its tempting to simply wait for 1.0, import the IVA, strip it to the walls and then rebuild it the way I want it, but it wouldn't be ethical. OTOH, importing the lab into Blender would allow me to position windows in the correct places...

I'd cautiously say that it is perfectly ethical, as long as you maintain where the original models came from. I'd perfectly welcome anyone to convert and alter my own models (See Tantares+).

Kind of an aside - Re-positioning windows on an already textured model would be a new definition of hell, IMO. :D

I think you would have a much easier time starting from scratch than trying to work backwards from the vertical version.

Fashion advice...

Kliper - Nero o grigio?

f73ad5ceb8.jpgd5c7ef9f4a.jpg

Edited by Beale

Noir, mon ami. :P

Grey is your "style", I know, but I prefer black ablative shielding. :)

Merci!

I'm willing to throw my style out the window a bit for the Kliper, since it is so different, so black is fine :)

There is another take where the split between the panels are white, but that walks a little too far from stock for me!

bcd2d7062b.jpg

I don't speak, read or write Russian, but I assume that Nero means "left-hand picture" in this context, so I say Nero.

Nero is not Russian, it is a word from the best language. :P

It means black. And I retract my statement, to not start a language war.

Thanks for the feedback!

Then maybe I should tell you right away that the windows on the PPTS could be a bit larger. :P

This.

For the Kliper that's fine (Same with the PPTS actually) as they are separate meshes, so easy to resize.

It's more difficult with the Gemini for example, where the windows are actually built into the mesh (And this is always the case on IVA models). :)

53d1bfec5e.jpg

Edited by Beale

It just occurred to me that I can use the PPTS to somewhat fuffill my dream of having a Dragon V1 in this pack! The PPTS is a little longer and has the strange protrusion on one side, but they are similar in all other ways. I don't think a cargo trunk would be too hard to make with other parts.

Black shielding is awesome! But unity will make this purple and that's sad.;.;

Huh? I've not come across this bug!

It just occurred to me that I can use the PPTS to somewhat fuffill my dream of having a Dragon V1 in this pack! The PPTS is a little longer and has the strange protrusion on one side, but they are similar in all other ways. I don't think a cargo trunk would be too hard to make with other parts.

I love to see creative uses for these parts!

Curtquarquesso made a "Drakon" spacecraft in his .craft pack, which is almost a carbon-copy of the Dragon V1, it uses the VA capsule. Might be worth to check out :)

Maybe grigio with kewl hexa-shaped thingies like on the Vostok could work?

That could be nice!

I'm unsure about the "panelling" on the underside of the body. That could be a place for more ablative-looking shielding.

New Soyuz IVA,

I think better than the last one. But, still unfinished (Yeah, that's a green console).

59b157935f.jpg

Are there any download mirrors? I don't have access to downloaded pack right now, and Kerbal Stuff is SLOW (Don't know why, but it's definitely KS' problem, not mine).

I'm afraid not, I chose to channel all downloads through Kerbal Stuff because I love to see the download ticker climb, like a point hoarding goblin.

So... The latest mirror I can offer you is of version ~10, which I'm sure you don't want.

Kerbal Stuff is working great for myself, maybe try a VPN? :)

I'm afraid not, I chose to channel all downloads through Kerbal Stuff because I love to see the download ticker climb, like a point hoarding goblin.

So... The latest mirror I can offer you is of version ~10, which I'm sure you don't want.

Kerbal Stuff is working great for myself, maybe try a VPN? :)

Well, it's working, but 15 kilobytes per second... pwah? that's not even a crawl.

It's kinda sad that there is no mirror. Gonna wait, then...

Yay. :D

The magic of the iterative design process! :)

Well, it's working, but 15 kilobytes per second... pwah? that's not even a crawl.

It's kinda sad that there is no mirror. Gonna wait, then...

Check PMs :)

d23723694d.jpg

Tried to fly N1L3 in RO to check new configs... Well... Things didn't quite went as planned. But Jeb and Bill are safe! :)

http://imgur.com/a/ksRwP

Wow! Do want!

I think that is a very accurate config!

Yeah, the N-1 jokes are getting tired now..

Many thanks for keeping up with these :)

I just wanted to say thank you for this great mod and to let you know that Soyuz rocket from your pack did launch my first ever successful mission outside of Kerbin SOI

http://i.imgur.com/JDRruVS.png

That's great! If I've enabled you to push to further destinations, that makes me very happy :)

Soyuz Tantares (It only seats two) IVA

Really pleased with how it looks for a 512x512!

e85576d86c.jpg

035dbd1703.jpg

723d2a7c01.jpg

Oh yes!

The toolbox bug is fixed!

Edited by Beale

http://puu.sh/gUzQy/e85576d86c.jpg

http://puu.sh/gUA7v/035dbd1703.jpg

http://puu.sh/gUAdP/723d2a7c01.jpg

Oh yes!

The toolbox bug is fixed!

The sense of scale in KSP has always been strange to me. :sticktongue: The Mk 1-2 pod is respectively a large pod, yet it's interior spaces dont seem to match up with how large it is on the outside. With Tantares, everything adds up nicely.

Edited by trippytripp

Nah, that' not a real deal. Where's zero-g indicator?

I don't want to get sued by Disney :P

The sense of scale in KSP has always been strange to me. :sticktongue: The Mk 1-2 pod is respectively a large pod, yet it's interior spaces dont seem to match up with how large it is on the outside. With Tantares, everything adds up nicely.

Thanks! :)

There is a lot of un-used space in the Mk1-2 pod

You could fit 6 kerbals in it easily, without all the claustrophobic walls.

Wow! Do want!

I think that is a very accurate config!

Yeah, the N-1 jokes are getting tired now..

Many thanks for keeping up with these :)

That's great! If I've enabled you to push to further destinations, that makes me very happy :)

http://puu.sh/gUzQy/e85576d86c.jpg

http://puu.sh/gUA7v/035dbd1703.jpg

http://puu.sh/gUAdP/723d2a7c01.jpg

Great IVA!

Hey beale, i wonder if it's possible to add a 3 person Soyuz pod version for later missions?

I really like the idea of the 2 person being the benchmark, but could you add a 3 person version aswell?

But it has it's downside: it's more expensive and heavier than the 2 person one.

New mascot? :)

Much better than the snowman.

krte%C4%8Dek-do-d%C4%9Btsk%C3%A9ho-pokoje.jpg

Great IVA!

Hey beale, i wonder if it's possible to add a 3 person Soyuz pod version for later missions?

I really like the idea of the 2 person being the benchmark, but could you add a 3 person version aswell?

But it has it's downside: it's more expensive and heavier than the 2 person one.

Thanks!

3-person, I really would like to. But it really is a question of space.

a 3-seat layout like the real Soyuz would not be possible, not enough horizontal width. An extra Kerbal "hanging from the roof" would be possible, though it might look a bit strange...

So for the time being, it's a LOK capsule, 2 seater :)

Anyway!

Tantares 19

Energia2007ssIMG_1696.jpg