[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Tantares Space Technologies

Trailer by Niemand303

This is a reasonably large stockalike parts mod that allows you to create the Soyuz, Progress, Salyut, TKS, Cygnus, ATV, MIR, Vostok and more.

The parts are made with the "Lego" frame of mind. They all go together to make a certain craft, but are flexible enough to be used in any other design.

http://imgur.com/a/mBnHD

The "Parts" folders of Tantares and TantaresLV are split by type of craft.

It is perfectly safe to delete any particular craft folders you don't want!

All mod support is optional.

• Raster Prop Monitor
  • Deadly Re-entry - Courtesy of Kirondoll
  • KAS
  • RemoteTech
  • TAC Life Support - Courtesy of l0ser140 and Nori
  • Snacks - Courtesy of DGatsby
  • Dang It - Courtesy of DGatsby
  • Realism Overhaul!- Courtesy of Niemand303

Station Science / TAC Overhaul, by Lucius.

MIR - Beautiful and low part MIR replica made by Biohazard15

curtquarquesso collection - nearly every craft you can imagine

LINK

A modpack using Tantares textures in order to deliver very cool, RAM free, parts!

From time to time, I think it will be nice to place videos and creations people make here!

Dev Mention!

http://puu.sh/ghLlq/6dcd4a3229.png

Special Thanks!

In chronological order, to those who have directly aided development, be it modelling, configs or else wise!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=82739&dateline=1377860192http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=122646&dateline=1409984158http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=124733&dateline=1413656119http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=81002&dateline=1393871499http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=48884&dateline=1366702132http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=93482&dateline=1391565301

( Zodiak, Niemand303, SnowWhite, Eagleshift, Lack and OrionKermin )

And to all else, who have been immensely helpful in squashing bugs, finding reference material, adding mod support and all else!

NathanKell, ste1701, hoojiwana, tg626, SnowWhite, MK3424, Darth Lazarus, karolus10, Horus, Mihara, Leszek, JohnWayne1930, Biohazard15, Businfu, acc, Kirondoll, DGatsby, Gristle, Orbital Debris, l0ser140, Nori

Sorry if I've missed anyone out, but I am very thankful for all the help!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Hey, i think you have a awesome mod for KSP, but i have a problem with it. I've install both Tantares and Tanares LV and there are a lot of parts missing. its little of everything that's missing and i'm hoping you can help me with it. You can refuse with no dishonor of course.

Hey, i think you have a awesome mod for KSP, but i have a problem with it. I've install both Tantares and Tanares LV and there are a lot of parts missing. its little of everything that's missing and i'm hoping you can help me with it. You can refuse with no dishonor of course.

A screenshot of your GameData folder would be helpful. That usually squashes a lot of potential issues right off the bat.

Also, congrats everybody on the new moderator positions! Glad to know SQUAD is going with the anarchist approach to forum moderation.

It hurts your eyes, does it not?

Edited by curtquarquesso

Hello!

You will forgive me for not replying to all these shenanigans "mad bantz" that have been posted.

But, you've all given me quite a giggle, and I thank you for that.

Since it is close to April 2nd now, I'll get back to regular dev-ing :)

My latest design, a combination of Tantares, Stock, and AB Launchers. LK Lander has relocatable cargo boxes and is loaded with a Build-A-Roverâ„¢ kit facilitated by KAS.

http://i.imgur.com/XRcXkuW.png

Obviously VERY influenced by the Titan IIIC (I call this launcher GOLIATH), and before I am asked - the nesting SRBs on the GETOUT LES tower are fired along with the LES decoupling and chute deployment action group to pull the tower away from the capsule during an abort.

Wow! I love it! The video of the Abort is nice edited also.

Very Titan-like as you say.

The drop-tanks remind me a lot of the Proton with SRBs concept... Which I can't find any photos of unfortunately.

Any shots inside the fairing?

I'd suggest having in Tantares huge Solar Concentrators from Mir-2 and some truss segments. Especially cool thing: radial truss-formated docking point, to put on blocks where you want to install them by using KAS.

These fellas?

c1d7dbd4d6.jpg

Truss segments I would very much like to do. Even if there are already a few other mods which have them.

Not much is needed extra to make Mir-2, but I should focus on revamping the existing Salyut parts first.

Hiya!

Again: Could you provide a screenshot of the GameData folder? :)

woah Beale ... i havn't looked here foe a while and ... WOW i'm impressed with the IVA of teh Soyuz and teh work on the PPTS and Kliper !

very well done :)

Many thanks :)

Darn, I had some fun with the April Fools crap... Oh well, if we did this kind of stuff everyday, society wouldn't get anywhere. I'm still keeping my April Fools profile picture up until the 2nd though.

If you're going to make Mir 2 truss parts, I would like to request a large solar array like the ISS has. There are some on Mir 2. I know that mods like Kosmos, Near Futute Pack, and maybe AIES have parts like this, but they either aren't stockalike enough for me or just don't look right. For example, one is too short, another has strange looking segmented panels instead of the one large solar panel.

So, seriously (temporarily ignore the fact that I haven't changed my profile back to normal yet), how would you feel about making some aircraft replicas?

Sorry to let you down, but... Jets, they don't do it for me (Even fictional ones from cool movies). I don't have a lot of interest at all.

Propeller planes, now, I like them. Especially high-wing like the microscopic Ikarus C42. So, who knows in the future.

c60b1881d8.jpg

Darn, I had some fun with the April Fools crap... Oh well, if we did this kind of stuff everyday, society wouldn't get anywhere. I'm still keeping my April Fools profile picture up until the 2nd though.

If you're going to make Mir 2 truss parts, I would like to request a large solar array like the ISS has. There are some on Mir 2. I know that mods like Kosmos, Near Futute Pack, and maybe AIES have parts like this, but they either aren't stockalike enough for me or just don't look right. For example, one is too short, another has strange looking segmented panels instead of the one large solar panel.

Yeah, I would probably like to do something like that.

The ISS arrays are huge, beyond the kind of size I'm comfortable modelling, but maybe something a little smaller I can get away with.

0306873957.jpg

Spica Sidebar:

I notice you have "staged = false" for the Spica Engine config, within the decoupler node - however, staged=false has no effect in stock. AFAIK it only applied with Starwasters "animated decoupler" plugin. The decoupler needs to be a separate piece... as it is an engine appears in the staging totem, but the action is decoupling the command module from the engine :huh: (Expect to hear from the law firm of Kerman, Kerman, and Kerman shortly - negligent kerbicide, etc. etc.)

:D

For the time being I simply disable the staging using "tweakable everything" settings on the pad and right click for both engine and decoupling.

Another video, and screen shots will be coming soon for that Titan-esque thing I made, which due to Specter's single window I call "Cyclops I"

Spica Sidebar:

I notice you have "staged = false" for the Spica Engine config, within the decoupler node - however, staged=false has no effect in stock. AFAIK it only applied with Starwasters "animated decoupler" plugin. The decoupler needs to be a separate piece... as it is an engine appears in the staging totem, but the action is decoupling the command module from the engine :huh: (Expect to hear from the law firm of Kerman, Kerman, and Kerman shortly - negligent kerbicide, etc. etc.)

:D

For the time being I simply disable the staging using "tweakable everything" settings on the pad and right click for both engine and decoupling.

Another video, and screen shots will be coming soon for that Titan-esque thing I made, which due to Specter's single window I call "Cyclops I"

Eh!

That is an odd one.

It is non-staged for me (must be manually clicked), but I don't have Starwaster's plugin.

I think the unfortunate conclusion:

A. One of your mods is plooping up the staging.

B. One of my mods is restoring "staged = false" functionality.

B seems unlikely with my current mod setup, but I can't be sure (Perhaps FireSpitter?).

7761354286.png

Let me check it out further!

Please don't sue! :cool:

Eh!

That is an odd one.

It is non-staged for me (must be manually clicked), but I don't have Starwaster's plugin.

I think the unfortunate conclusion:

A. One of your mods is plooping up the staging.

B. One of my mods is restoring "staged = false" functionality.

B seems unlikely with my current mod setup, but I can't be sure (Perhaps FireSpitter?).

http://puu.sh/gYcRe/7761354286.png

Let me check it out further!

Please don't sue! :cool:

I like that last folder!

Yeah, I would probably like to do something like that.

The ISS arrays are huge, beyond the kind of size I'm comfortable modelling, but maybe something a little smaller I can get away with.

http://puu.sh/gYbqr/0306873957.jpg

Hmm, they don't seem to be that big, and as far as I can tell, the Mir 2 and ISS arrays are practically identical. Maybe if you only modeled half of one array. It's hard to explain, but if you modeled just one array, like the P6 Truss on top of the ISS in the photo, and made it so that you had to use symmetry to get a full array, it might be easier.

But hey, what do I know? My first ever experience with 3D modeling was with the Inventor software a few weeks ago in my engineering course!

Edited by pTrevTrevs
It's Mir 2, not Mir 3

I like that last folder!

Likewise I am loving the Ms-Paint look, much more 2015.

The Rassvet, specular mapped.

063a4152af.jpg

If you can't deliver by shuttle, try something a little like POISK?

a31dc68f75.jpg

Hmm, they don't seem to be that big, and as far as I can tell, the Mir 2 and ISS arrays are practically identical. Maybe if you only modeled half of one array. It's hard to explain, but if you modeled just one array, like the P6 Truss on top of the ISS in the photo, and made it so that you had to use symmetry to get a full array, it might be easier.

But hey, what do I know? My first ever experience with 3D modeling was with the Inventor software a few weeks ago in my engineering course!

To be fair, I doubt they are much bigger than the current Kvant panels.

So I think I'll give full-size an attempt!

Almost 600 pages! How does it grow so quickly...?

Edited by Beale

Can there be an alternate texture to make the Docking Module white or grey to make it look more like Rassvet? I would make it myself if I could figure out how. Do you use photoshop, MS paint, or a different program?

Likewise I am loving the Ms-Paint look, much more 2015.

The Rassvet, specular mapped.

http://puu.sh/gYeGG/063a4152af.jpg

If you can't deliver by shuttle, try something a little like POISK?

http://puu.sh/gYeQl/a31dc68f75.jpg

To be fair, I doubt they are much bigger than the current Kvant panels.

So I think I'll give full-size an attempt!

Almost 600 pages! How does it grow so quickly...?

So I'm assuming that that means no CSS? ;.;

Can there be an alternate texture to make the Docking Module white or grey to make it look more like Rassvet? I would make it myself if I could figure out how. Do you use photoshop, MS paint, or a different program?

I use photoshop CS5, you can find all the Photoshop files in my signature.

For alternates, sure, it is possible :)

So I'm assuming that that means no CSS? ;.;

Should be CSS, KSO and Mk3 friendly :)

Take your pick.

Really like the first image. That's huge, around 25m? Makes for an impressive station.

So, photoshop seems to cost money, and upon downloading the files and trying to open them in MS Paint, I get an alert that says that the file is invalid. Do you know what's going on here? I hate to keep bugging you over this, and if you could point me to a good tutorial for this, it would be very appreciated.

So, photoshop seems to cost money, and upon downloading the files and trying to open them in MS Paint, I get an alert that says that the file is invalid. Do you know what's going on here? I hate to keep bugging you over this, and if you could point me to a good tutorial for this, it would be very appreciated.

Try using GIMP, that's what I used. :)

CYCLOPS I

In true Soviet tradition, the aborted launch didn't count

For years (3 to be exact) Werner Von Kerman and Sergeilev Kerman have been each other's top rivals. Both were accomplished engineers, but Sergeilev was not such an accomplished self promoter. As a result it was Von Kerman who held the spotlight, and was the early darling of Mortimer and the other administrators at KSC. While Sergeilev excelled with stations in LKO - it was Von Kerman's Munar program that caught the public's eye.

Today is a new day. After an expensive 3 launch Janus mission to Mimus under Von Kerman's direction (one for a heavy rover and 2 more for crew and redundant landers), Mortimer announced he was tired of Von Kerman's "wanton disregard for budgetary constraints" and so for the first time, Werner and Sergeilev have been forced to combine their talents.

Using a combination of Von Kerman's lifter and capsule designs and Sergeilev's construction techniques and overall reliance on automated surface exploration, a nearly identical mission to survey the gravimetric features of our 2nd moon has been executed at a fraction of the cost.

Launch Video Coverage

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Still Photos from the Landing

Edited by tg626

Been flying around in Gemini pod, so far so good. Went to Minmus first after docking and then undocking from my space station, planted another flag there and went straight to Duna at about 35 km/s, landed, went out, planted a flag there too and admired the sights. :cool:

MorningOnDuna_G-1_Podship_zps8roqrolt.png

(So far so good, no shrunken parts yet. *crosses fingers*)

Anyways, it be nice to have Soyuz' RPM support back. :D

These fellas?

http://puu.sh/gY77Q/c1d7dbd4d6.jpg

Truss segments I would very much like to do. Even if there are already a few other mods which have them.

Not much is needed extra to make Mir-2, but I should focus on revamping the existing Salyut parts first.

Yeah, those ones, they look so-o-o-o cool IMHO. :)

And the main point in your trusses I'd perso like to see is making them KAS-assembleable, like Sophora and others IRL.

Sorry to let you down, but... Jets, they don't do it for me (Even fictional ones from cool movies). I don't have a lot of interest at all.

Propeller planes, now, I like them. Especially high-wing like the microscopic Ikarus C42. So, who knows in the future.

http://puu.sh/gYbcu/c60b1881d8.jpg

And a 0.625 Tecnam Sierra P2002 cockpit! :P

Not only because I fly this plane, but also because it's Italian!

-JkTj084UQQ.jpg

You'll have no luck with MS Paint, ever.

I'd echo Tygoo and say to use GIMP, which is more than capable for any KSP texturing needs.

Of course not many people own Photoshop legally, but that's another matter.

CYCLOPS I

In true Soviet tradition, the aborted launch didn't count

For years (3 to be exact) Werner Von Kerman and Sergeilev Kerman have been each other's top rivals. Both were accomplished engineers, but Sergeilev was not such an accomplished self promoter. As a result it was Von Kerman who held the spotlight, and was the early darling of Mortimer and the other administrators at KSC. While Sergeilev excelled with stations in LKO - it was Von Kerman's Munar program that caught the public's eye.

Today is a new day. After an expensive 3 launch Janus mission to Mimus under Von Kerman's direction (one for a heavy rover and 2 more for crew and redundant landers), Mortimer announced he was tired of Von Kerman's "wanton disregard for budgetary constraints" and so for the first time, Werner and Sergeilev have been forced to combine their talents.

Using a combination of Von Kerman's lifter and capsule designs and Sergeilev's construction techniques and overall reliance on automated surface exploration, a nearly identical mission to survey the gravimetric features of our 2nd moon has been executed at a fraction of the cost.

Launch Video Coverage

http://imgur.com/a/k4YwL

Still Photos from the Landing

Your videos are oddly relaxing, good company for a morning of coding.

And... Did you just fit a rover on an LK? That's incredible.

Nice launcher and mission!

Been flying around in Gemini pod' date=' so far so good. Went to Minmus first after docking and then undocking from my space station, planted another flag there and went straight to Duna at about 35 km/s, landed, went out, planted a flag there too and admired the sights. :cool:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Stafath/MorningOnDuna_G-1_Podship_zps8roqrolt.png

(So far so good, no shrunken parts yet. *crosses fingers*)

Anyways, it be nice to have Soyuz' RPM support back. :D

Cute lander!

I guess they're stuck there though? :D

RPM for Soyuz - soon!

Yeah, those ones, they look so-o-o-o cool IMHO. :)

And the main point in your trusses I'd perso like to see is making them KAS-assembleable, like Sophora and others IRL.

And a 0.625 Tecnam Sierra P2002 cockpit! :P

Not only because I fly this plane, but also because it's Italian!

http://cs624221.vk.me/v624221511/2de57/-JkTj084UQQ.jpg

KAS (or more like KIS) assemble they will be! :)

Actually, thanks to a particular Interstellar modder, maybe sooner than you may think.

ITA Planes!

No love for an Aermacchi?

1c55d649bc.jpg

38ed1556c5.jpg

The small 0.625m cockpits, I really love them in SXT, if only there were suitable sized wings available.

Maybe I could get into that kind of thing, a different mod to Tantares though.