[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

39 minutes ago, overkill13 said:

It's from Notantares actually.  The Big Khleb/Soyuz mod.

Thank you! I'll check out that mod as well.

UPDATE: Ok so I'm seeing the docking port and I think that's probably what I was using instead of the default Tantares one, it looks familiar. Also the naming is "BK" so maybe that's it.

7D27wHH.png

Again, appreciate everyone's input on this. Sorry to clutter up this thread with (strictly-speaking) non-Tantares parts.

Edited by scottadges

On 12/5/2018 at 1:56 AM, kopapaka said:

screenshot130_1.jpg?ver=0

This is awesome! I always loved the Kistler :o

Re: Development - I have a dilemma, how many of you still play previous versions? I can introduce multi-direction folding igla antenna for maximum versatility, but these would be best served as part variants, breaking compatibility for older versions (KSP 1.3.1, etc.)

They could also be separate parts, there are essentially three variants for each antenna system.

• Telescopic extending
  • Forward folding, dish stowed facing outwards
  • Backwards folding, dish stowed facing inwards

23 minutes ago, Beale said:

Re: Development - I have a dilemma, how many of you still play previous versions? I can introduce multi-direction folding igla antenna for maximum versatility, but these would be best served as part variants, breaking compatibility for older versions (KSP 1.3.1, etc.)

They could also be separate parts, there are essentially three variants for each antenna system.

• Telescopic extending

Imho people who want backwards compatibility could always use an older version of Tantares. 

7 hours ago, Beale said:

• Telescopic extending

I would highly recommend adding in B9 Part Switch subtypes for not only previous KSP versions, but also 1.4 onward. This would also simplify future problems related to cryogenic ockets as the stock variant switcher can't change the contents of a tank, which would make it easier to implement cryogens in Tantares (such as Energia). Even better, if you converted all switching  across versions, you'd only have to maintain B9 Part Switch configs instead of B9PS and stock variants.

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

I would highly recommend adding in B9 Part Switch subtypes for not only previous KSP versions, but also 1.4 onward. This would also simplify future problems related to cryogenic ockets as the stock variant switcher can't change the contents of a tank, which would make it easier to implement cryogens in Tantares (such as Energia). Even better, if you converted all switching  across versions, you'd only have to maintain B9 Part Switch configs instead of B9PS and stock variants.

Dependencies are a no-go for me. Optional is fine, but Tantares should work out of the box. :) 

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Instead of multiple parts for all node types, maybe it's better to roll your own?
(Temporary textures)

34 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

yes, node covers please.

I second the motion! :D

Polyus-Energia Blk A

5W3jS8i.pngjMlhBZm.png

On 12/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, DiscoSlelge said:

Gave some love to Apollo-Soyuz flight !

1544617974-220200-20181212012253-1.png

I love it!

The little details are perfect.

2 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale Just downloaded the latest dev release, I'm loving the new parts (though I see you abandoned the cream colour ;.;)

Just wondering, will you also be retiring / redoing the current Mir core module parts?

The cream colour will be returning on the final release, worry not.

Re: MIR parts - I think they're still fine right now - though need rebalance for the updates monopropellant levels.

25 minutes ago, Beale said:

The cream colour will be returning on the final release, worry not.

Good to hear.

25 minutes ago, Beale said:

Re: MIR parts - I think they're still fine right now - though need rebalance for the updates monopropellant levels.

Also good to hear, I was asking because I'm about to start assembling Mir in my creative save, and I'd be a little annoyed if the core module parts were depreciated in the middle of construction.

EDIT: Just a suggestion, but something I've been longing to see in Tantares is some Priroda experiments.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

I'm having an issue and am hoping someone might be able to point out where I'm going wrong: I've got two craft in orbit, trying to dock. They're using T-ML1 and T-ML2 docking ports (the small male and female early Tantares ports), respectively. I've got 'em lined up perfect and should be docking without any issue. Yes, the probe is extended on the male port. And yet, no matter how many attempts are made at any speed or angle, docking isn't occurring. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? Stock docking ports work just fine... Halp!

Here's a picture for reference. The two craft aren't docked, despite (clearly) being close enough and at a clean approach.

lWD67f6.png

Edited by Kardea

15 minutes ago, Kardea said:

I'm having an issue and am hoping someone might be able to point out where I'm going wrong: I've got two craft in orbit, trying to dock. They're using T-ML1 and T-ML2 docking ports (the small male and female early Tantares ports), respectively. I've got 'em lined up perfect and should be docking without any issue. Yes, the probe is extended on the male port. And yet, no matter how many attempts are made at any speed or angle, docking isn't occurring. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? Stock docking ports work just fine... Halp!

Here's a picture for reference. The two craft aren't docked, despite (clearly) being close enough and at a clean approach.

Retract the probe? :)

59 minutes ago, Kardea said:

You need to right click on the male port and retract the docking probe (it actually isn't necessary to extend the probe at all, the docking ports will act like stock ports if you don't extend the probe).

Edited by golkaidakhaana