[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

58 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

I honestly do not know how to post an image but can give you a description, and PS i am using Restock:

It's a probidyne (How ever you say it:rolleyes:) stayputnik with two batteries on its bottom half and a parachute and a decoupler (Put there to decouple the heavy landing chute so that the probe does not go upsidown upon contact with the ground) on it's top half, put there via cubic octagonal strut, and its encased inside the Venera heat shield parts.

And something i should mention, the protection problems happened while entering from low Eve orbit so i assume that trying to land at interplanetary speeds would just destroy the whole probe.

Good job on the engine by the way:D

For sure okay, I will try to set up a entry as if flying interplanetary from Kerbin and confirm, thanks.

How about the Soyuz 7K-L1 moon flyby craft and its unmanned variant zond-3 and 4 it provides an alternate payload for the N-1. Or something a little more well known Buran and its less known jet variants able to fly longer and have more versatile landing options. I only know of one mod that made it and it hasn't been updated for the latest version.

20 hours ago, Delta dart said:

How about the Soyuz 7K-L1 moon flyby craft and its unmanned variant zond-3 and 4 it provides an alternate payload for the N-1. Or something a little more well known Buran and its less known jet variants able to fly longer and have more versatile landing options. I only know of one mod that made it and it hasn't been updated for the latest version.

Not really in scope, 7K-L1 is pretty capable already with kitbashing.

GitHub
New engines,
Tweaks,
etc.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

screenshot45.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot39.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot46.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot52.png?width=1084&height=610

Neptune images.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

12 minutes ago, Kunosheru said:

why are there no spacedock releases?

What do you mean? There are releases on spacedock. The last one is from2020-08-04.
https://spacedock.info/mod/174/Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR

Or do you mean the parts in the pics above? This are still WIP-Parts. So you must wait for a new download.

On 9/7/2020 at 5:54 PM, Kunosheru said:

why are there no spacedock releases?

Spacedock for full "stable" releases only, GitHub for cutting edge releases (And stable releases also). :)

Thanks all for voting in the poll.
Good to know people's interests, and we have a solid direction to move forward! :)

Finaly tally:

venera_9_lander.jpg 20 votes
Mars3_iki.jpg 15 votes
the-luna-9-automatic-lunar-station-B9PRXM.jpg 14 votes
jONSOID8f1u5gCNSqfoCw9cqUQm9ZajyGt8NhZXIyjF_YwPI6MgxIAvSB1mqukhz3uMUTQ9uwCYxwPEueUn8NK6AfLKG1IPpkhEtQMgCGy50BO1qnz-j_E5CIr984JixeNw8IcTc1jWlDtgu-pVqiXanhkM 8 votes
sovietfindof.jpg 7 votes
venera_4.jpg 3 votes

Edited by Beale

57 minutes ago, Beale said:

Spacedock for full "stable" releases only, GitHub for cutting edge releases (And stable releases also). :)

Good to know people's interests, and we have a solid direction to move forward! :)

Finaly tally:

Mars3_iki.jpg 15 votes
jONSOID8f1u5gCNSqfoCw9cqUQm9ZajyGt8NhZXIyjF_YwPI6MgxIAvSB1mqukhz3uMUTQ9uwCYxwPEueUn8NK6AfLKG1IPpkhEtQMgCGy50BO1qnz-j_E5CIr984JixeNw8IcTc1jWlDtgu-pVqiXanhkM 8 votes
sovietfindof.jpg 7 votes
venera_4.jpg 3 votes

May i make a segustion?

Could you do the Vega balloon probes?

VEGA (Program) - The balloon encyclopedia

On 9/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, Beale said:

Finaly tally:

Mars3_iki.jpg 15 votes
sovietfindof.jpg 7 votes
venera_4.jpg 3 votes

Do you have another link for the fourth (4th) choice?  Didn't vote ,but curious as to the choice.

2 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Do you have another link for the fourth (4th) choice?  Didn't vote ,but curious as to the choice.

Sure, here are a few:

General overview

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_program

Photos

https://swalker.org/deistvuushie/2559-muzey-npo-im-sa-lavochkina.html

Russian space web

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/phobos.html

Ton of information and images (Russian text only)

https://www.laspace.ru/projects/planets/fobos/

The more exciting thing about this craft is that the core "donut" would become the standard planetary probe for the Soviet union going forward (if it didn't collapse). It was used for Mars 96, and also had plans for missions to Jupiter, Venus rover, etc.

XSPAOHr.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Those pics of the flightcopy for Lunokhod-3 are awesome!

7 minutes ago, Beale said:

The more exciting thing about this craft is that the core "donut" would become the standard planetary probe for the Soviet union going forward (if it didn't collapse). It was used for Mars 96, and also had plans for missions to Jupiter, Venus rover, etc.

XSPAOHr.jpg

The Soviet designs are not subtle.

44 minutes ago, Black034 said:

Is the drouge build in or can you mount others? 

unfortunately it had to be built in, however this is a separate part from the standard heat shield, so you have the plain half-sphere, and the half-sphere with drogue (Probably will do some kind of colour indicator for which side).

Totally unrelated... but Good Ol' Energia

screenshot0.png

I tried to get the pad as good as possible, but modular launch pads only has so many amazing parts.

screenshot1.png

Liftoff! @JadeOfMaar's plume party vents are glorious.

screenshot2.png

Gravity turn into an 85 degree inclination orbit.

screenshot3.png

Max Q.

screenshot4.png

Core stage burns for orbit. I couldn't find any sources on how the Polyus was mounted, so I just put it on top as it didn't have any aero surfaces and wouldn't have to RTLS.screenshot5.png

Polyus separates while barely suborbital so the core will burn up. It flips around, the guidance system works (:)), and it circularizes.

screenshot6.png

Now on orbit, the newly dubbed space station Not a Megawatt Laser unfurls its solar arrays, ready to provide Megawatt Laser capabilities to low Kerbin orbit.