[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Very cool Gemini stuff!

Many thanks! :)

I'll be sure to send one to Sarnus soon!

The Soyuz rocket does not look really real-ish to me, but other than that, it's great.

If you check the poll up top, I'm currently looking into "real-ifying" the thing a bit. :)

Omg that IVA looks so cool!

I just did a career mun landing with the Tantares parts... and boy it was fun!!!

I landed perfectly with the LK on the first try and when i later rendezvoued with the Munar Soyuz, i had fuel to spare....

No picture because i was so excited in doing it right, i have broadcasted it on Steam... but too bad that it won't save it online...

Thanks! :)

I would certainly like to see pictures of that, my LK attempts are often a bit botched.

Oh wow!

That SSTO is so cool! Simplicity at its best! :)

I joined just to say how much I love this mod. I do admit I use the HGR version of Soyuz, but every thing here is dynomite. I am also loving the big G module. What about making the bottom concave with an extra node to fit a docking port? Or just making the big G a 1.25 docking port? It would avoid the "control from here" issue with making the back of the Gemini a docking port.

Another first post! :)

Thank you it means a lot to hear.

The bottom: like it is currently to maintain the heatshield.

7382cc9d1c.jpg

The real Big-G had its huge service module, followed by a little docking "nub" at the end.

Is this what you are meaning?

It would be kinda cool!

http://imgur.com/a/hVUtA

Not quite done with it yet(bit more testing, and balance tweaking to do) my first manned pod ever so I'm not trusting that some terrible bug, or design flaw won't rear its head when I let my guard down.

That came out of no where!

Very very cool! I would like to fly this.

You have even made the Window lights functional, very cool! :)

Beale,you will add an IVA about the "TK-CC08C "Spectre" Crew Capsule" ?

Yep, of course :)

Awesome pod!

goose dies

The M on Mario's hat stands for Mario

There were multiple designs for the Big G. FASA already did the one you mentioned above. The one below hasn't really been explored like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Big_Gemini.png

This is what I had in mind when I suggested having the big G module act like a docking port.

Although a massive service module has got me thinking of other applications. From what I have seen, even this massive service module had crew/cargo space.

Edit: I was thinking of one of those passages through the heat shield. I know someone posted a picture. So maybe not a real docking port.

Edited by Thraken

Will we see the Zenit spysat anytime soon? Maybe after the Soyuz revamp?

Likely, the Vostok CM obviously needs a little bit of love. It's currently one of the few holdover parts along with the LK.

So a Zenit is something that can be bundled together along with that.

There were multiple designs for the Big G. FASA already did the one you mentioned above. The one below hasn't really been explored like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Big_Gemini.png

This is what I had in mind when I suggested having the big G module act like a docking port.

Although a massive service module has got me thinking of other applications. From what I have seen, even this massive service module had crew/cargo space.

Edit: I was thinking of one of those passages through the heat shield. I know someone posted a picture. So maybe not a real docking port.

Mmm, that design is nicer! And a little more feasible for KSP.

I understand the concept now.

Doing this whole craft = new texture sheet (Room for custom texture for Big G and Cylinder SM).

So maybe will be a nice small project some time.

Did a little mission using Tantares parts. It's a little space lab. It's image intensive so here's the link.

Very nice! The design of the target vehicle is pretty funky, but I like it :)

More!

Still working on the N1, and it is coming along like a charm, but I'm not ready to display it until it is textured fully.

But, here is Soyuz Nero!

04d68b8d1b.jpg

On the topic of fairings, since KSP 1.0 will hopefully include some payload fairing parts/modules to complement the new aerodynamics... will you be making custom non-dependency fairings for the ALV and TLV, Beale? As if you didn't have enough projects already :D

On the topic of fairings, since KSP 1.0 will hopefully include some payload fairing parts/modules to complement the new aerodynamics... will you be making custom non-dependency fairings for the ALV and TLV, Beale? As if you didn't have enough projects already :D

I think he has already too much stuff... I'm ashamed a bit that I've requested some parts from him for my RtK project, that is distracting from Tantares too. I'm arranging stuff with SnowWhite and his friend so that Beale will have less.

And while working on RtK, I figured out Hitchiker can act quite well as a MOL (lower stage is pure SXT):

9xoO4nOD7dY.jpg

Jv4TRVFjVLo.jpg

bxyIcfHJMZ8.jpg

I'm pretty sure he/we should wait and see if squad does procedural ones.

Stock fairings are confirmed to be procedural :)

I think the consensus was and still is:

See how flexible they are, if not good enough - then maybe some custom ones.

I think he has already too much stuff... I'm ashamed a bit that I've requested some parts from him for my RtK project, that is distracting from Tantares too. I'm arranging stuff with SnowWhite and his friend so that Beale will have less.

And while working on RtK, I figured out Hitchiker can act quite well as a MOL (lower stage is pure SXT):

http://cs623125.vk.me/v623125511/19912/9xoO4nOD7dY.jpg

http://cs623125.vk.me/v623125511/19930/Jv4TRVFjVLo.jpg

http://cs623125.vk.me/v623125511/1993a/bxyIcfHJMZ8.jpg

Do not be ashamed!

Road to Kosmos:

Remember the Atlas? Is still growing...

Courtesy of Snow White

Go on over and show them your love.

51dd6fcdb7.jpg2a74b325af.jpg

But, the MOL is very cool! I have been doing this, except ruining history by using a Salyut part for the MOL lab!

:cool:

Quick, a distraction!

Heavy WIP

c772a34593.jpg

It's certainly... Large.

d9c7926fa2.jpg

Edited by Beale

Thanks! It is really gorgeous! We are thinking on releasing parts separately integrated into the stock techtree, so that people wouldn't need a huge rework of their game to play with it. :)

N-1 looks promising! I'd hope seeing it greener, but it's my opinion. :)

Will the N-I be N-IF based (well, from a 1965 perspective, N-IU) or N-IL3?

It looks... wip-ish. Can't explain why I'm not exploding with joy looking at it tho...

The N-IF!

If you can pinpoint what you dislike: earlier is better than later. I know sometimes it is not so easy to pinpoint, rather than just a "feeling".

bb9c325ba9.jpg

Will the N-I be N-IF based (well, from a 1965 perspective, N-IU) or N-IL3?

It looks... wip-ish. Can't explain why I'm not exploding with joy looking at it tho...

Unfortunately I agree with dimovski. This is the first Beale/Tantares model that I don't like. I imagine that the N-1 is a really hard rocket to model.

Lack's recent N-1 redesign has made his version my favorite in the Kerbal universe.

Beale, Could you make this N-1 white or black like the historical versions? I think that grey just does not look good with the N-1 design.

Unfortunately I agree with dimovski. This is the first Beale/Tantares model that I don't like. I imagine that the N-1 is a really hard rocket to model.

Lack's recent N-1 redesign has made his version my favorite in the Kerbal universe.

Beale, Could you make this N-1 white or black like the historical versions? I think that grey just does not look good with the N-1 design.

White, I am not so sure...

e33396a5f3.jpg

Edited by Beale