[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

KAS (or more like KIS) assemble they will be! :)

Actually, thanks to a particular Interstellar modder, maybe sooner than you may think.

ITA Planes!

No love for an Aermacchi?

http://puu.sh/gYHWc/1c55d649bc.jpg

http://puu.sh/gYI1o/38ed1556c5.jpg

The small 0.625m cockpits, I really love them in SXT, if only there were suitable sized wings available.

Maybe I could get into that kind of thing, a different mod to Tantares though.

Wow, now I got really hyped!

The last one looks really Kerbal-ish, with lots of space for a cylindrical Kerbal head :P

Also, since I use Tantares mostly with SXT there are wings and stuff for 0.625m planes. :)

Hello!

You will forgive me for not replying to all these shenanigans "mad bantz" that have been posted.

But, you've all given me quite a giggle, and I thank you for that.

Since it is close to April 2nd now, I'll get back to regular dev-ing :)

Wow! I love it! The video of the Abort is nice edited also.

Very Titan-like as you say.

The drop-tanks remind me a lot of the Proton with SRBs concept... Which I can't find any photos of unfortunately.

Any shots inside the fairing?

These fellas?

http://puu.sh/gY77Q/c1d7dbd4d6.jpg

Truss segments I would very much like to do. Even if there are already a few other mods which have them.

Not much is needed extra to make Mir-2, but I should focus on revamping the existing Salyut parts first.

Hiya!

Again: Could you provide a screenshot of the GameData folder? :)

Many thanks :)

First, thanks for responding, second how do i insert a screenshot on here? can't i just name off what mods i have?

Oh, new RO released! Now Beale, you can safely delete the old configs from the mod itself. :)

BTW, I'd ask for people's opinion, do we need RSS-only configs (real solar system without deadly reentry, remote tech and real fuels)?

First, thanks for responding, second how do i insert a screenshot on here? can't i just name off what mods i have?

A list of mods is fine! :)

But, a screenshot is better, you can use an image uploader such as Puush, postIMG or IMGUR.

Question: Did you rename the Tantares folder at all...?

Oh, new RO released! Now Beale, you can safely delete the old configs from the mod itself. :)

BTW, I'd ask for people's opinion, do we need RSS-only configs (real solar system without deadly reentry, remote tech and real fuels)?

Gotcha!

Good news.

Personally I'd advocate RO-only, but, that's just me.

Flying!

a7406305a8.jpg

EVA check

825618c780.jpg

Free Flying

3245c877b8.jpg

Ack!

54ae551dd2.jpg

ITs great to see Tantares show on the front page suggested mod list for RO

9572032bbb.jpg

I can confirm.

Basic RPM Soyuz implementation!

The buttons are now functional also for lights, SAS, RCS, brakes and something else which I forget.

2c66de90bf.jpg

Edited by Beale

If you have installed your KSP in C:/program files or other UAC protected folders you might have problems with file permissions.

Basic RPM Soyuz implementation!

Nice. Have you tried putting the right RPM in the middle? That would look more like the asymmetrical layout of the real Soyuz control panel and you could better zoom in on both monitors to use them.

Nice. Have you tried putting the right RPM in the middle? That would look more like the asymmetrical layout of the real Soyuz control panel and you could better zoom in on both monitors to use them.

I can try that!

But... It might make life difficult for the Kerbal in the right-side seat.

797436465c.jpg

Neptun-ME panel from Soyuz-TMA for reference.

http://russpace.ucoz.ru/Souz/neptun_meh.jpg

But usually only one of them is a pilot. :P

And that's basically the same problem in the real thing.

http://nowscape.com/star_city/images/Soyuz_Control_panel_2_Photo_Charles_Simonyi.jpg

Mmmm, you know what, you both have won me over.

Let's embrace some asymmetry!

And, it looks like I need to up the button density...

Edit: Or maybe just some diversity over the square buttons...

68a24b17c8.jpg

Edited by Beale

Your videos are oddly relaxing, good company for a morning of coding.

And... Did you just fit a rover on an LK? That's incredible.

Nice launcher and mission!.

Thanks! And yes there was a rover! It did come with some assembly required tho :-)

Cute lander!

I guess they're stuck there though? :D

Nah, they're fine. The craft's just a glorified lander/spaceboat with an engine modified to have about 800 thrust and even if they were stuck there they'd be rescued by one of my bigger ships. Back to topic: Oh nice! Personally I don't mind if one kerbal gets the two RPM screens, just means I don't have to switch kerbals to check the other monitor like in Gemini. :P

A list of mods is fine! :)

But, a screenshot is better, you can use an image uploader such as Puush, postIMG or IMGUR.

Question: Did you rename the Tantares folder at all...?

Gotcha!

Good news.

Personally I'd advocate RO-only, but, that's just me.

Flying!

http://puu.sh/gYKEk/a7406305a8.jpg

EVA check

http://puu.sh/gYKEU/825618c780.jpg

Free Flying

http://puu.sh/gYKFb/3245c877b8.jpg

Ack!

http://puu.sh/gYKFt/54ae551dd2.jpg

List of mods in my gamedata folder

Active texture managment

BoulderCO

Crossfeedfnabler

FASA

Firespitter

HullCameraVDS

JSI

KAS

Kerbquake

Klockheed_Martain

KSO

KWRocketry

Mechjeb2

Mechjeb2RPM

ModRocketSys

NASAmission

NearFuture (All Mods)

Novapunch2(Just parachutes are in here)

Protracter

LazorDockingCam_v34

SCANsatRPM

Smokescreen

Squad

Tantares

TantaresLV

TarsierSpaceTech

TweakScale

ModuleManager

I have just read off every mod currently in my gamedata folder so no, i did not rename anything

Thanks! And yes there was a rover! It did come with some assembly required tho :-)

Building on site is more rewarding IMO, one of the best benefits of KIS/KAS :)

114a59e8d1.jpg

Nah' date=' they're fine. The craft's just a glorified lander/spaceboat with an engine modified to have about 800 thrust and even if they were stuck there they'd be rescued by one of my bigger ships. Back to topic: Oh nice! Personally I don't mind if one kerbal gets the two RPM screens, just means I don't have to switch kerbals to check the other monitor like in Gemini. :P[/quote']

Oh yes! I forgot your play habits :P

The 2 RPM screens on one side will be okay, if only one Kerbal is inside, they should default to the left seat (should...).

List of mods in my gamedata folder

Active texture managment

BoulderCO

Crossfeedfnabler

FASA

Firespitter

HullCameraVDS

JSI

KAS

Kerbquake

Klockheed_Martain

KSO

KWRocketry

Mechjeb2

Mechjeb2RPM

ModRocketSys

NASAmission

NearFuture (All Mods)

Novapunch2(Just parachutes are in here)

Protracter

LazorDockingCam_v34

SCANsatRPM

Smokescreen

Squad

Tantares

TantaresLV

TarsierSpaceTech

TweakScale

ModuleManager

I have just read off every mod currently in my gamedata folder so no, i did not rename anything

Mmm...

Yes, all seems in order.

Few things I can make a guess at:

What is ModRocketSys?

It seems the only possible thing that could affect it, possible Tweakscale or... That's about it.

Could you maybe try a fresh install of Tantares?

MIR Docking Module IVA.

Very basic, but I don't think it needs much.

76856292b2.jpg

Neat! :D That new capsule will be the first thing I'll stick in front of Soyuz pod in my next ship idea!

My space station does need to take a pill every once in a while to stay healthy. Hehe, Just kidding, awesome work Beale!

Building on site is more rewarding IMO, one of the best benefits of KIS/KAS :)

http://puu.sh/gZ0iZ/114a59e8d1.jpg

Oh yes! I forgot your play habits :P

The 2 RPM screens on one side will be okay, if only one Kerbal is inside, they should default to the left seat (should...).

Mmm...

Yes, all seems in order.

Few things I can make a guess at:

What is ModRocketSys?

It seems the only possible thing that could affect it, possible Tweakscale or... That's about it.

Could you maybe try a fresh install of Tantares?

MIR Docking Module IVA.

Very basic, but I don't think it needs much.

http://puu.sh/gYZUT/76856292b2.jpg

ModRocketSys is the Modular Rocket Systems mod, a stock-alike parts mod

Just took out Tweakscle

Fresh install? That means taking it out and extracting it right? i just open the file and move it to the gamedata folder

I think it would be better to add a couple of cargo bags inside, after all, the real Mir was quite cluttered.

I agree, the MIR was filled with trash, and experiments... i feel that the modules IVA don't have a sense of 'tight fitting" like it was on MIR.

Edited by MK3424
spelling error

Neat! :D That new capsule will be the first thing I'll stick in front of Soyuz pod in my next ship idea!

Thanks! It may make a reasonable OM alternative.

I think it would be better to add a couple of cargo bags inside' date=' after all, the real Mir was quite cluttered.[/quote']

I agree was filled with trash, and experiments... i feel that the modules IVA don't have a sense of 'tight fitting" like it was on MIR.

That was just the 3D model, the Unity setup is a lot more crammed. :)

d300d35032.jpg

ModRocketSys is the Modular Rocket Systems mod, a stock-alike parts mod

Just took out Tweakscle

Fresh install? That means taking it out and extracting it right? i just open the file and move it to the gamedata folder

Fresh install - Download of Kerbal Stuff, extract the Tantares folder from the ZIP file and place it in GameData.

It's possible you unzipped it wrong before, maybe :)

That looks teally good!

Thanks! :)

I deeply enjoy the maintained Hot Shots appearance.

This is why we can't have nice things...

9e0a720ff5.jpg

The textures inside are fairly low-res, but I think generally OK, I can't really allow larger textures for such a small interior...

In all the file size is only ~ 300kb, which is pretty darn good if I might say so.

11df776e97.jpg

Edited by Beale

That looks teally good!

Teally? Looks warm and orange to me, seat though is sort of purplish blue but teal? Hmm, *squints eyes* nope no teal. Sorry, just messing with a typo, no harm meant. Typos sometimes crack me up. :D In all seriousness that IVA is quite cozy, me like also.

Thanks! It may make a reasonable OM alternative.

That was just the 3D model, the Unity setup is a lot more crammed. :)

http://puu.sh/gZ4rh/d300d35032.jpg

Fresh install - Download of Kerbal Stuff, extract the Tantares folder from the ZIP file and place it in GameData.

It's possible you unzipped it wrong before, maybe :)

Didn't work, i know because i use the craft files, all of they say they are missing or invalid parts