[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

45 minutes ago, Beale said:

OPSEK also would make very good material for Tantares

Hey, I made an OPSEK-alike station a while back! (+ TKS...idek what that's doing there)

jhqFHoV.png

I think they were Curt's craft files, but all the same :P 

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Hey, I made an OPSEK-alike station a while back! (+ TKS...idek what that's doing there)

jhqFHoV.png

I think they were Curt's craft files, but all the same :P 

I think I remember this! (If you have shown it before)

Your work is beautiful as always! (And a TKS is never unwelcome).

Big-Cyg Mk.II
A weapon to surpass Metal-Gear.

3782f35b13.jpg706413dc7d.jpg84d986cb4e.jpg

This is a heavy work in progress, but I am happy with the outcome.

9b1c5a5493.jpg

Time paradox.

10f60a0a21.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hi, I'm having a problem where the boosters, tanks, and engines (5.1 from page 11 of the pdf) for the lower stages of the Soyuz either don't load, or are missing from the mod, I'm not sure which. Is there anything I can to to fix this? 

Thanks

Edited by Adam.A

9 minutes ago, Adam.A said:

Hi, I'm having a problem where the boosters, tanks, and engines for the lower stages of the Soyuz either don't load, or are missing from the mod, I'm not sure which. Is there anything I can to to fix this? 

Thanks

Can you provide a screenshot of your GameData folder?

On 24.07.2016 at 5:31 PM, Beale said:

Hello & thanks! Very good to hear from you again Niemand.

Your plans for RO are quite exciting :D 

Thanks! Yes, at the moment I've managed to make 5 variants of core and booster tanks:

1. First satellite launcher 8K71PS
  2. Vostok/Luna 8K72[K, L]
  3. Molniya/Voskhod/Polyot 8K78/11A57/11A59
  4. Soyuz 11A511
  5. Soyuz-FG 11A511FG

And 4 variants of Block I third stage:

1. Molniya/Voskhod/Polyot (RD-0110)
  2. Soyuz (RD-0110)
  3. Soyuz-FG (RD-0110)
  4. Soyuz-2b (RD-0124)

Block E is in only variant (original Vostok and Luna) since I didn't wanted to expand too much the Vostok launcher family with Vostok-2, Vostok-2M etc., I've already cluttered the part list a lot.

I see some changes were made in terms of parts, Gemini went it's own way and to BDB, that's understandable. But it's a bit sad to see Venera lander disappear, what happened to it?

Test of Vostok, since everyone love pictures:

IkkwtkJQLIA.jpg

VBIdQ0spkzk.jpg

UPD: Seems like Soyuz spacecraft's files have been update while I was away, so jumping straight to Salyut and Proton and a small question:

I can use those small engine parts from Salyut to make Soyuz engines as separate parts, would it be needed or not?

23 hours ago, Danny88 said:

hqdefault.jpg

:P

Good work on the 3d texturing there. Bumpy is nice!

Haha!

I should hide more Metal Gear Solid references in the parts!

15 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Has someone done an album somewhere with examples I could copy from to recreate the Salyut program with Tantares? :)

I will post some pictures soon, hopefully (And add Salyut to manual).

This is a good reference:

excalibur-almaz-concept.jpg

6 hours ago, Niemand303 said:

Thanks! Yes, at the moment I've managed to make 5 variants of core and booster tanks:

1. First satellite launcher 8K71PS
  2. Vostok/Luna 8K72[K, L]
  3. Molniya/Voskhod/Polyot 8K78/11A57/11A59
  4. Soyuz 11A511
  5. Soyuz-FG 11A511FG

And 4 variants of Block I third stage:

1. Molniya/Voskhod/Polyot (RD-0110)
  2. Soyuz (RD-0110)
  3. Soyuz-FG (RD-0110)
  4. Soyuz-2b (RD-0124)

Block E is in only variant (original Vostok and Luna) since I didn't wanted to expand too much the Vostok launcher family with Vostok-2, Vostok-2M etc., I've already cluttered the part list a lot.

I see some changes were made in terms of parts, Gemini went it's own way and to BDB, that's understandable. But it's a bit sad to see Venera lander disappear, what happened to it?

Test of Vostok, since everyone love pictures:

IkkwtkJQLIA.jpg

VBIdQ0spkzk.jpg

UPD: Seems like Soyuz spacecraft's files have been update while I was away, so jumping straight to Salyut and Proton and a small question:

I can use those small engine parts from Salyut to make Soyuz engines as separate parts, would it be needed or not?

It looks exciting! 
I understand keeping only the single Block E, the differences in performance across Vostok versions were only slight? - as far as I can find as a quick search online.

For your questions:

• It is sad to see the Venera go, but I had neglected it for too long. AFAIK a revised (or maybe completely remade) version will be integrated into @akron's Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus@tjsnh was looking to play around with it also.
  • That would be a good solution for Soyuz engines! But, I can also provide custom models if you need.

Cygnus scale against Salyut

It's huge!
The scale I think is fairly accurate. The Cygnus in game very neatly fits the job of a 1.875m cargo vehicle.

3b4c3710dc.jpg65ce0bbc82.jpg

Edited by Beale

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

It is sad to see the Venera go, but I had neglected it for too long. AFAIK a revised (or maybe completely remade) version will be integrated into @akron's Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus@tjsnh was looking to play around with it also.

Cygnus scale against Salyut

It's huge!
The scale I think is fairly accurate. The Cygnus in game very neatly fits the job of a 1.875m cargo vehicle.

3b4c3710dc.jpg65ce0bbc82.jpg

I am unsure of what specifically @akron is doing, but I believe he is expanding the soviet probe parts to include at least one generation of the venerable Mars/Venera/Luna(?) bus, with the accompanying parts such as the correction/vernier engine, etc. As well as other things.

Re: Cygnus, I wonder how those parts mesh with my 1.875m Transtage-based resupply vehicle parts!

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I am unsure of what specifically @akron is doing, but I believe he is expanding the soviet probe parts to include at least one generation of the venerable Mars/Venera/Luna(?) bus, with the accompanying parts such as the correction/vernier engine, etc. As well as other things.

Thanks for the info! I should follow the thread more closely. The Probes Plus detail is much better than I can ever provide (compare Fregat)

Re: Cygnus, I wonder how those parts mesh with my 1.875m Transtage-based resupply vehicle parts!

There's only one way to find out!

But, unfortunately I have to download again KSP, and British internet...
fd2c2fb782.png

39 minutes ago, Beale said:

It looks exciting! 
I understand keeping only the single Block E, the differences in performance across Vostok versions were only slight? - as far as I can find as a quick search online.

For your questions:

• It is sad to see the Venera go, but I had neglected it for too long. AFAIK a revised version will be integrated into @akron's Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus@tjsnh was looking to play around with it also.
  • That would be a good solution for Soyuz engines! But, I can also provide custom models if you need.

Thanks! Yes, there isn't much difference between them, the only thing changed was the burn time and thus fuel amounts for different payloads. Vostok-2 and 2M were made for Zenit spy satellites with less mass but larger inclination.

I will wait then for those mods to bring back  Venera (and I guess Luna "egg" too).

I will add Soyuz engine part with multiple configs, so no custom models needed. However, if you want to make something new, it'd be nice to have the KTDU-425, used for all late Soviet interplanetary probes (Mars, Venera, Fobos, Vega).

Spoiler

KTDU-425.jpg

For Lunas, early interplanetary probes and Molniya I reused Vostok TDU model, because I thought it would fit rather nice if stretched:

Spoiler

KDU-Molniya-1.jpg

19 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Does anyone have a 0.9375m airlock similar to the one on Nauka? I'm trying to make a US-Russian LOS like the one recently discussed by Anatoly Zak on Popular Mechanics and I can't find one.

There is one in BDB that is 1.25m. You could rescale that or the one in Stockalike Station Parts Expansion.

On 7/26/2016 at 7:07 PM, Niemand303 said:

I will add Soyuz engine part with multiple configs, so no custom models needed. However, if you want to make something new, it'd be nice to have the KTDU-425, used for all late Soviet interplanetary probes (Mars, Venera, Fobos, Vega).

Hide contents

KTDU-425.jpg

I had never seen before the KTDU-425, I love it! I need that :) 

23 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Does anyone have a 0.9375m airlock similar to the one on Nauka? I'm trying to make a US-Russian LOS like the one recently discussed by Anatoly Zak on Popular Mechanics and I can't find one.

Interesting... I think that could be a good addition at some point:

MLM_Nauka_module_-_3D_rendering.jpg

Unfortunately right now I have nothing like this, but I think CobaltWolf's suggestion is good.

5 hours ago, Niemand303 said:

http://imgur.com/a/FtbWZ

Testing out Soyuz-TMA on Soyuz-FG launcher, note that I made RCS thrusters out of stock models in corresponding locations for historical accuracy.

Beautiful to see this working again, you make me want to get both RO and (Scatterer?).

eUXhHJP.png

The Soyuz is due a small texture revamp, but should cause you no issues.

Cygnus
Some small progress...

ea4270c35e.jpg6f32d0d301.jpg

We have the cheque stubs from separate accounts.
Almost a thousand dollars, paid in separate amounts.
To a Mr. James Reynolds, way back in 1791.

Is that what you have? Are you dumb?

Edited by Beale