[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Kardea said:

I'm having an issue and am hoping someone might be able to point out where I'm going wrong: I've got two craft in orbit, trying to dock. They're using T-ML1 and T-ML2 docking ports (the small male and female early Tantares ports), respectively. I've got 'em lined up perfect and should be docking without any issue. Yes, the probe is extended on the male port. And yet, no matter how many attempts are made at any speed or angle, docking isn't occurring. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? Stock docking ports work just fine... Halp!

Here's a picture for reference. The two craft aren't docked, despite (clearly) being close enough and at a clean approach.

lWD67f6.png

Yep, as others have said you need to retract the probe to lock the spacecraft :)
This is to allow soft and hard docking to correct alignment, etc.

I may put "Disable hard docking" or similar on the animation name to help people with this in future.

Cool craft btw!

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Yep, as others have said you need to retract the probe to lock the spacecraft :)
This is to allow soft and hard docking to correct alignment, etc.

I may put "Disable hard docking" or similar on the animation name to help people with this in future.

Cool craft btw!

Ah, but that's just it, you see... extending or retracting the probe has no effect. There's no 'magnetic' effect, no docking occurring, extending/retracting the probe seems to have no effect at all (it just pushes a collision-less probe through the target docking port with no mechanical result)... It's like the ports aren't recognized as docking ports at all (except that the right-click context menu definitely still indicates that the game correctly "thinks" it's a docking port).

Edit: I should probably clarify: no 'soft'  docking is happening at all, either. The probe has no collision physics at all. I'm just bumping the 'bases' of the two parts together at this point with no docking effect, soft or hard.

Edited by Kardea

Further complication/contradicting good news? I did a second mock test on the ground with the same ports and it worked completely normally. So... now I really don't know what's causing the issue with the two craft in question... Parts used were all Tantares and BDB.

Gbz9RM2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kardea said:

Further complication/contradicting good news? I did a second mock test on the ground with the same ports and it worked completely normally. So... now I really don't know what's causing the issue with the two craft in question... Parts used were all Tantares and BDB.

Gbz9RM2.jpg

Many thanks for the further information / image / followup :)

This is very odd! I wonder what couild be happening here.

I will investigate and hopefully narrow down what is causing this for you.

Using KIS (as most of us) through the MIR assembling I got a problem. Some parts of the Soyuz/Progress has nonattached to crew places inventories but all of station parts hasn't. There's impossible to clear cargo spacecraft and launch next one because you can't transfer payload to anywhere inside the station except KIS Storage Unit (this is to big). Can you add some nonattached inventories to station parts too? Thank you.

Spoiler

uW4-RW4uj6I.jpg

1 hour ago, StriZ said:

Using KIS (as most of us) through the MIR assembling I got a problem. Some parts of the Soyuz/Progress has nonattached to crew places inventories but all of station parts hasn't. There's impossible to clear cargo spacecraft and launch next one because you can't transfer payload to anywhere inside the station except KIS Storage Unit (this is to big). Can you add some nonattached inventories to station parts too? Thank you.

Hide contents

uW4-RW4uj6I.jpg

Fixed for next release.

22 hours ago, DGatsby said:

I recently started playing Kerbal again after about a 2 year hiatus. Glad to see Tantares is still going strong! First thing I did was make a little space outpost:

xeCGCz6.jpg

Glad to have you back, I think you will know I enjoy your Youtube music uploads :D 

cool craft!

So I am now shutting down for maintenance over the Christmas period. Work resumes whenever!

Enjoy your time out of work / school and have a good time :) 

54940d138b430.gif

1 hour ago, Beale said:

*snip*

So I am now shutting down for maintenance over the Christmas period. Work resumes whenever!

Enjoy your time out of work / school and have a good time :) 

54940d138b430.gif

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! 2018 has been an amazing year for Tantares, and I can't wait to see what 2019 brings for us all. Thank you so much for your amazing parts, Beale, and I hope that Christmas gives you a well-deserved break.

16 hours ago, Fan777 said:

If you right-click on any module that has several colors to choose from, the menu bug .v1.6

On version 1.5, everything is fine.

I think that an actual bug of KSP 1.6 , also in stock game

Edited by Well

Decided to recreate Mir and ISS (with LonesomeRobots' shiny USOS modules);

Spoiler

ISS in all its' glory, I also used CxA for the S/P3/4/5/6 truss segments

oiBiPnT.jpg

Oof, shiny

WaDZo1s.jpg

A little dark, but ROS from left to right: Rassvet, Zarya, Nauka/Prichal, Poisk, Zvezda

4fEqKd2.jpg

wew

r9ktrLK.jpg

Here is Mir

QwrQtqq.jpg

Closer view, I decided to forego the Travers antenna

vfGb7sq.jpg

Lovely Scatterer sun

mpHFIod.jpg

Erm...

7wDieOj.jpg

EDIT: I wasn't happy with the views, so I took some more screenshots.

Spoiler

Core module and Kvant-1

3h5woia.jpg

Kvant-2 (with some lens flare)

iKHl7A0.jpg

Kristall and docking module

yMgAgkK.jpg

Spektr

mTHy7lw.jpg

Priroda

vwhiNkn.jpg

General view of ROS

iUioz48.jpg

Zarya, Zvezda and Poisk detail (RIP Pirs ;.;)

DIBuIZm.jpg

View of Nauka and Prichal

vC5KwI4.jpg

Edited by golkaidakhaana

Something like a Soyuz 7K-VI Zvezda in Munar orbit:

zUXn6eS.png

On 12/23/2018 at 8:02 AM, Beale said:

Glad to have you back, I think you will know I enjoy your Youtube music uploads :D 

cool craft!

Thanks! And oh gosh, there's another thing I need to start doing again!

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen "Salyut 7: The True Story of the Soviet 'Apollo 13'"?  It's a Russian film about the rescue of the Salyut-7 space station. It is highly dramatized, and definitely cares a political message. "True story" is a laughable claim; this is basically Soviet propaganda. That being said, it is dramatic and entertaining. Plus there are a lot of beautiful shots of Soviet space hardware, which is always a treat. If you've got some time over the holidays it's probably worth a watch, although be discerning and read about the actual mission as well: Salyut-7 on Amazon Prime.

I think one of my favorite moments is when a cosmonauts smokes on the station. There's something about this image that just feels powerfully Russia:

ZJCO1x5.png

Edited by DGatsby

42 minutes ago, DGatsby said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen "Salyut 7: The True Story of the Soviet 'Apollo 13'"?  It's a Russian film about the rescue of the Salyut-7 space station. It is highly dramatized, and definitely cares a political message. "True story" is a laughable claim; this is basically Soviet propaganda. That being said, it is dramatic and entertaining. Plus there are a lot of beautiful shots of Soviet space hardware, which is always a treat. If you've got some time over the holidays it's probably worth a watch, although be discerning and read about the actual mission as well: Salyut-7 on Amazon Prime.

I think one of my favorite moments is when a cosmonauts smokes on the station. There's something about this image that just feels powerfully Russia:

ZJCO1x5.png

Yes. Very underrated movie. 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, DGatsby said:

I recently started playing Kerbal again after about a 2 year hiatus. Glad to see Tantares is still going strong! First thing I did was make a little space outpost:

xeCGCz6.jpg

Nice blend of stock and tantares parts. 

15 hours ago, DGatsby said:

14 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Yes. Very underrated movie. 

О_О

Kinda surprised to read this.
Being a russian, I'd say it's a very overrated movie - too much of an exaggerated drama, histerical fools and bearded cliches per square meter. Smoking in the space. Vodka in the space. Cockroach in the space. Watching this Salyut - Mir - Apollo 13 - Gravity - Red Alert compilation in the cinema I've kept asking myself the famous John Malkovich's question. Everything but hardvare and space shots is a fail.

It can't be called a decent movie about a soviet space program, cuz it's scenatio is written by people far from space or USSR.