[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Considering both. As well as the fore section.

What would people prefer,  another fore section, or a Salyut 6 skin (Solid red)?

It's awesome to see Beale back in action after these KSP2 news :)

As 4 me, I'd prefer fore section, cuz it sounds more interesting than just new skin.

42 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

It's awesome to see Beale back in action after these KSP2 news :)

As 4 me, I'd prefer fore section, cuz it sounds more interesting than just new skin.

Back to add the final goodies :)

Many thanks.

20 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Recently been trying this mod.

Is it normal that the N1 30 engines cluster doesn't hold on to its tank when igniting? It makes the rocket crash unless I add a stock engine plate between the cluster and the tanks. 

The N1 is pretty heavy, so you will probably need autostrut (Can be enabled from the main menu, advanced tweakables checkbox) - after that, right click the engine and strut to root part / heaviest part.

After that, it should be very stable and strong (You can even launch without clamps at all).

Hope this helps.

Done that but it doesn't work.

I tried to put the throttle down before igniting, same, the engine cluster falls off pathetically.

I noticed there seemed to be two attachment nodes on the bottom of the tank, the cluster only attaches to one. The engine plate I added an attach to both.

May be KJR is messing up with the part attachment?

I'm on 1.7.3, BTW.

38 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Done that but it doesn't work.

I tried to put the throttle down before igniting, same, the engine cluster falls off pathetically.

I noticed there seemed to be two attachment nodes on the bottom of the tank, the cluster only attaches to one. The engine plate I added an attach to both.

May be KJR is messing up with the part attachment?

I'm on 1.7.3, BTW.

Very strange, I'll attempt to reproduce. I've never used KJR so not sure. Thanks for reporting.

4 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Recently been trying this mod.

Is it normal that the N1 30 engines cluster doesn't hold on to its tank when igniting? It makes the rocket crash unless I add a stock engine plate between the cluster and the tanks. 

3 hours ago, Beale said:

The N1 is pretty heavy, so you will probably need autostrut (Can be enabled from the main menu, advanced tweakables checkbox) - after that, right click the engine and strut to root part / heaviest part.

After that, it should be very stable and strong (You can even launch without clamps at all).

Hope this helps.

I had this problem before and it was due to toggling rigid part attachment on because I assumed it was something like KJR ( It isn't ), I haven't had any problems when just using autostruts and I have the N1 and it's engines rebalanced to be even heavier than normal. So if you are using rigid part attachment, just toggle it off and try again.

2 hours ago, Mudwig said:

I had this problem before and it was due to toggling rigid part attachment on because I assumed it was something like KJR ( It isn't ), I haven't had any problems when just using autostruts and I have the N1 and it's engines rebalanced to be even heavier than normal. So if you are using rigid part attachment, just toggle it off and try again.

Ah for sure! Rigid connection is a killer!

More more more!

w4QxZqo.png

Thoughts on IVAs? It's a compromise:

This could provide kerbals with some windows and controls without the entire workload.

OvskAvP.png

Edited by Beale

DIdn't try it yet, but I didn't know Rigid attachment was that bad. Here I thought Rigid Attachment was good to prevent wobbly rockets.

I think i had the same problem back in 1.4.1 with the Making History five engines cluster (Saturn V like first stage cluster) and then I did disable Rigid Attachment out of desperation to test and it worked. Squad since buffed the part in question to wisthand a higher force.

19 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

DIdn't try it yet, but I didn't know Rigid attachment was that bad. Here I thought Rigid Attachment was good to prevent wobbly rockets.

I think i had the same problem back in 1.4.1 with the Making History five engines cluster (Saturn V like first stage cluster) and then I did disable Rigid Attachment out of desperation to test and it worked. Squad since buffed the part in question to wisthand a higher force.

Rigid attachment is a strange little beast, it probably works best for small lightweight but long parts (e.g. a collection of trusses), but for rockets it usually has the opposite effect you would expect. <_<

4 hours ago, Oreak said:

1569591981-bea14709-f7c6-4252-90ac-a1ede

Hot damn! That is incredible. I loved your recent work with the Prometheus poster and this is icing on the cake! :)

I must buy myself a print of this :D

Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, melechdaviid said:

I'm wondering what engines the Stornese, Snebrev, Spion, Lynsterne, Reinsdyr, Erfaren, and Manekanin engines are based on.

Isn't that, like, all of Tantares' engines? Also, they're all recreations of real engines, so go figure.

@Beale Looks superb, now all that's missing is voskhod Salyut 7-style solar panels.

5 hours ago, melechdaviid said:

I'm wondering what engines the Stornese, Snebrev, Spion, Lynsterne, Reinsdyr, Erfaren, and Manekanin engines are based on.

Sure thing!

Stornese (Big Nose) Based on the VA capsule engine.

tks_va_sas_2.jpg

Svennebrev (Journeyman) based on the LK-1 propulsion block.

zlk1npom.jpg

Spion (Spy) based on the Almaz station engine.

rdalmk2.jpg

Lynstjerne (lightning star) based on the LK lander engine

RD-858_859.jpg

Reinsdyr (Reindeer) based on the Soyuz (modern) propulsion.

Soyuz-TM.jpg

Erfaren (Experienced, adj.) based on the Soyuz (old) propulsion.

Soyuz.jpg

Månekanin (moon rabbit) based on the LOK engine.

LOK.jpg

Hope this helps!

Btw, you can search all craft in the editor, e.g. "LOK" to bring up all the parts for the LOK and so on.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale Looks superb, now all that's missing is voskhod Salyut 7-style solar panels.

Many thanks, we will see about the panels.

Work on the window.

syvf5V4.jpg

Edited by Beale

@Beale It really looks amazing. Two final minor requests; do you think you could make a variant of the Almaz 2.5>1.875m adapter that has the gray thermal blankets, but instead of green, is solid white like the upper crewed section; and the TKS 1.875m control cores have a gray colour option as well as green and black?

EDIT: Just wondering, have you also cancelled Cygnus? If so, could I please download the assets?

Edited by golkaidakhaana

15 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale It really looks amazing. Two final minor requests; do you think you could make a variant of the Almaz 2.5>1.875m adapter that has the gray thermal blankets, but instead of green, is solid white like the upper crewed section; and the TKS 1.875m control cores have a gray colour option as well as green and black?

EDIT: Just wondering, have you also cancelled Cygnus? If so, could I please download the assets?

All assets are on the Github.

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares_Assets

re: adapters - should be okay as I am doing a custom variant for Salyut 7. Any other colours I think will have to fall under "do it yourself", unfortunately :P

olYIXSc.png

8 hours ago, Beale said:

I could also make it as a more differentiated part rather than variant?

Yes please!

Sorry for bombarding you with recolour requests lately, but if at all possible, could you also include a gray/cream (think Mir core module) colour variant for the main hab part?

Also, the new parts really look a lot nicer and more detailed than even some of your other recent parts, you're doing a particularly good job on this update.