[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This is my new most-favourite-thing-ever :)

2014-09-13a.jpg

Seriously, I love this engine & the generator is perfect. Thanks Beale!

As is tradition, I've made a mistake with the release and Kvant is included.

That shouldn't be there... :blush:

LOL! I hope your day-job isn't surgeon - "Has anyone seen my watch? Wait, is the patient ticking?" ;-)

Or the PPTS.
PPTS Is a good Idea. I love it :)
Yeah a PPTS would be awesome :D

Just a note, the semi-new Odin capsule from NovaPunch is pretty much a PPTS in its most basic configuration. Different configurations include an orbital module to make something like the PTK-Z.

Old LOK/LK vs. new one. Who will win?

http://i.imgur.com/RibZOYp.png

The old Libra... :sealed:

I'm not sure which had the mose Delta V

This is my new most-favourite-thing-ever :)

http://files.the14th.eu/forum/2014/2014-09-13a.jpg

Seriously, I love this engine & the generator is perfect. Thanks Beale!

Haha! Nothing quite so serious in my day work.

Just a note, the semi-new Odin capsule from NovaPunch is pretty much a PPTS in its most basic configuration. Different configurations include an orbital module to make something like the PTK-Z.

This is true, people looking for an existing PPTS should take a look at that, really nice.

My own PPTS would be a while away yet, if it is to be made.

Hey, Beale, I saw some requests for LES, so I'll be making one tonight and sending you the model! If only I could measure the size of Tantares in both standart and LOK configurations I'd also make cheap&dirty fairings for them.

I'll take a look, thanks!

Playing the with the parts to get a better grasp of balance.

Salyut/Proton

9538ce91ea.jpg

f47dc04d7f.jpg

341c99f620.jpg

260km x 260km final orbit.

C.A.S.T.O.R. powered Mun-ship

8c90b74a9f.jpg

TWR greater than 1 on Mun arrival (after a really long long burn).

So I guess you could land it!

Edited by Beale

I support Eyes Turned Skyward, obviously. :)

If you do do that, though, can you sign up on the thread in Dev, or rather the spreadsheet linked? And can you do a 100% real version as well (or instead :P ) of the Kerbalized version? :)

/salespitch

Actually, making a real-style version might be a nice change of pace, consider me interested!

Got any examples of what the "real" style is (silly question I know, just wondering what the current benchmark is :) )

Awesome! Well, nixonshead (the guy who made that pic) has his blender files up for download. So you can't get realer than that, it's the only source of it there is. :)

Needs conversion to low-poly and textures baked from procedurals etc to game textures, though.

Here's another render, without cell shading:

dragon_star.png

Hey Beale, loving the new update btw. However your craft files don't seem to be working for me. They don't come up in my VAB, I've tried placing them in my saves craft files and the stock files but neither worked. Please help!

Hi, and thanks!

This is a really strange issue. Few possibilities.

1. Are you in career mode? You must tick the "Allow stock crafts" in the cheat menu.

2. Is the file placement correct, here is mine.

397bb54928.png

Hope this helps :)

Status on Progress (no not that one)

Aside from Kvant and other Mir parts, I'm going to hold off any further development until 0.25 is released.

I hope to release a small update in the meantime with Kvant IVA, Priorda Dish(Maybe) and new colour schemes.

Why?

Because as I understand it, 0.25 is going to see upwards of 80 stock parts get a makeover. Slightly changing what "Stock" is.

Obviously for a Stockalike mod, this is a big thing.

Hope people understand :)

Progress in Green

e0a2c81eb7.jpg

Kvant IVA

abcb9b71eb.jpg

My Mir with the tantares parts (and also mech jeb parts) and a fully stock Mir. I just need to work on the antena on the Priroda tantares model.

I quite like the stock one :sealed:

Actually they're both really good (maybe I'm a bit biased :wink: )

Edited by Beale

Status on Progress (no not that one)

Aside from Kvant and other Mir parts, I'm going to hold off any further development until 0.25 is released.

I hope to release a small update in the meantime with Kvant IVA, Priorda Dish(Maybe) and new colour schemes.

Why?

Because as I understand it, 0.25 is going to see upwards of 80 stock parts get a makeover. Slightly changing what "Stock" is.

Obviously for a Stockalike mod, this is a big thing.

Hope people understand :)

http://puu.sh/bz33J/e0a2c81eb7.jpg

Well, lets hope 0.25 comes quick. Testing is in place, so should be coming within the next month.

I love the new engine! It works and looks such awesome. Just one small question - is it intentionally lacking emissive texture?

Also it's great to have new docking port. I had hoped that you will create it. :)

I'm not sure if someone had pointed it out earlier but I noticed that IVA on V-C1 Operations Block is rotated by 90 degrees. Nothing significant but I thought that you may want to know about this.

I love the new engine! It works and looks such awesome. Just one small question - is it intentionally lacking emissive texture?

Also it's great to have new docking port. I had hoped that you will create it. :)

I'm not sure if someone had pointed it out earlier but I noticed that IVA on V-C1 Operations Block is rotated by 90 degrees. Nothing significant but I thought that you may want to know about this.

Great feedback!

I had no idea about the VC-1 rotation bug, I'll check it out.

About the emissive texture, it was an oversight and will be included next release.

Thanks a mil buddy!

Some more Kvant stuff...

7c2bb04478.jpg

Edited by Beale