[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This is really gorgeous! I love it! :)

Just like you, I've been making something like a "side project" today instead of RO configs and writing, been trying to brainstorm the ideas of a mod to be "in between" RealFuels and stock game. :)

This is really gorgeous! I love it! :)

Just like you, I've been making something like a "side project" today instead of RO configs and writing, been trying to brainstorm the ideas of a mod to be "in between" RealFuels and stock game. :)

Sounds good! I really do think there is a niche for that.

I dunno if this is a bug that only i have but is it normally that the Service module isn't scaled properly?:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44243168504235855/6CCE86A6C860876387A0D45D9557A5855A2860F7/

That's not right...

What mods ya got installed chum?

Edit: Well I am about to head to sleep, but I remember tg626 (Friendly space bear person) had offered a bug-fix for this in the past?

If it's a problem with the configs I should really make sure this doesn't happen.

Edited by Beale

Hey, Beale. I know you're pretty set on keeping this pack from using dependencies, but since you already have Non-Androgynous Docking Ports but no reason for having them, here's something for you to look at: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79128

It supports making docking ports only able to dock to a port of the opposite gender, thereby making your active and passive ports actually serve a purpose.

That's not right...

What mods ya got installed chum?

Edit: Well I am about to head to sleep, but I remember tg626 (Friendly space bear person) had offered a bug-fix for this in the past?

If it's a problem with the configs I should really make sure this doesn't happen.

My adventures with scale issues are here -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81537-0-90-Tantares-Stockalike-Soyuz-and-MIR-14-1-14-01-2015-Soyuz-Beta?p=1650048&viewfull=1#post1650048

BUT that was when reloading a craft IN FLIGHT, not in the VAB, so I don't know it that's going to be of any help...

I can't help but notice that Tantares lacks one serious Mir part - the Docking Module, of course.

Docking_Module_%28STS-74%29.jpg

702px-Mir_Docking_Module_drawing.svg.png

808px-Docking_Module_cutaway.png

According to Wikipedia,

The module consisted of what were essentially two Soyuz TM-16 type Soyuz orbital modules cut in half, with a cylindrical central portion mounted in the center of the two halves which incorporated docking apparatus (the other two halves were not used). An APAS-89 docking port was mounted on each end. Mounting points were also provided for two boxes (containing new solar arrays) and other external experiments, and the module was provided with its own thermal control, television transmission, and telemetry systems. Rather than being covered in a newly-manufactured white thermal blanket, the module was flown with an unusual orange blanket, which was selected from pre-existing stock for financial reasons.

So... how about it? ;) It could be done as really big probe core with a large KAS container.

Edited by biohazard15

I can't help but notice that Tantares lacks one serious Mir part - the Docking Module, of course.

So... how about it? ;) It could be done as really big probe core with a large KAS container.

That's basically what the 1.25m Vega core does. :)

It can be easily assembled out of it, two docking ports and 2 stock cylindrical RCS tanks.

Looks nice! However, I'd like to ask: How was the payload attached to the rocket?

Standard Energia: The payload is attached Radially, the engine gimballing is used to keep the rocket flying straight. The payload is required to complete the final orbit insertion (see: reason why the Polyus "skif" satellite failed.).

Energia-M and Vulkan - Standard payload goes on top setup.

The Polyus is rather interesting and FGB derived!

polyus2.jpg

Hey, Beale. I know you're pretty set on keeping this pack from using dependencies, but since you already have Non-Androgynous Docking Ports but no reason for having them, here's something for you to look at: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79128

It supports making docking ports only able to dock to a port of the opposite gender, thereby making your active and passive ports actually serve a purpose.

Doesn't need to be dependent if this functionality can be optionally added by MM script, thanks, I'll give this mod a play with!

My adventures with scale issues are here -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81537-0-90-Tantares-Stockalike-Soyuz-and-MIR-14-1-14-01-2015-Soyuz-Beta?p=1650048&viewfull=1#post1650048

BUT that was when reloading a craft IN FLIGHT, not in the VAB, so I don't know it that's going to be of any help...

Thanks! I will try this little fix anyway. I've never come across the issue, so it is hard to reproduce.

Here's how my gamedata folder looks like if it helps:

http://i.imgur.com/wjpgVLW.png

The lazy way out is to blame Tweakscale, but that is probably not right.

Ehm, does the scaling problem happen every time? Or just a one off?

That's basically what the 1.25m Vega core does. :)

It can be easily assembled out of it, two docking ports and 2 stock cylindrical RCS tanks.

An interesting concept - With KAS space it does fill that "1.25m Cygnus" Niche that people seemed to like.

Niemand303 is right that you can use Salyut parts for it, but bespoke is always nice...

I always use the Shenzou OM as a docking compartment. It's quite versatile, and looks more like an independent station module than the 1.25 meter Salyut part does.

But curvy modules are more juicy!

Eh, I am tempted to make this part actually, use all that leftover Progress texture space. Either this module or Poisk, but this one seems more relevant as it is from MIR.

KEROLOX!

Your tax dollars at work.

I really am an FX newbie, so this is far from final.

00cef9dc89.jpg

Edited by Beale

I always use the Shenzou OM as a docking compartment. It's quite versatile, and looks more like an independent station module than the 1.25 meter Salyut part does.

Which, as it turns out, is a function of the real-life Shenzhou OM. Both ends of the OM can be docked with, unlike the Soyuz OM. The idea is, to basically supplement the larger modules of the station out with Shenzhou OMs and leave them attached to the station.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Rassvet, which is a similar module on ISS was the very first thing I decided to model in Blender.

ufoPkOz.png

NZffetJ.png

Any one of these mini-curvy Russian modules would be really fun to have. (Poisk, Pirs, Rassvet, Mir Docking Module) The little experiment airlock on the side of Rassvet would be nice little Beale-ified 'Goo Canister'.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Standard Energia: The payload is attached Radially, the engine gimballing is used to keep the rocket flying straight. The payload is required to complete the final orbit insertion (see: reason why the Polyus "skif" satellite failed.).

Energia-M and Vulkan - Standard payload goes on top setup.

The Polyus is rather interesting and FGB derived!

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/p/polyus2.jpg

Doesn't need to be dependent if this functionality can be optionally added by MM script, thanks, I'll give this mod a play with!

Thanks! I will try this little fix anyway. I've never come across the issue, so it is hard to reproduce.

The lazy way out is to blame Tweakscale, but that is probably not right.

Ehm, does the scaling problem happen every time? Or just a one off?

An interesting concept - With KAS space it does fill that "1.25m Cygnus" Niche that people seemed to like.

Niemand303 is right that you can use Salyut parts for it, but bespoke is always nice...

But curvy modules are more juicy!

Eh, I am tempted to make this part actually, use all that leftover Progress texture space. Either this module or Poisk, but this one seems more relevant as it is from MIR.

KEROLOX!

Your tax dollars at work.

I really am an FX newbie, so this is far from final.

http://puu.sh/f2Rov/00cef9dc89.jpg

The size problem MIGHT actually be Tweakscale, since it auto-resizes part according to the node size and the decoupler in beta has 0.625m sized node.

That effect is pretty nice, I think. :)

I'm very hyped about AB Launchers. :)

Offtop: now I have one more connecting point with Italy, I was accepted for our university's flight practice course, and I'll be flying an Italian-made Tecnam P2002. :)

curtquarquesso said:

Actually, Rassvet, which is a similar module on ISS was the very first thing I decided to model in Blender.

http://i.imgur.com/ufoPkOz.png

http://i.imgur.com/NZffetJ.png

Any one of these mini-curvy Russian modules would be really fun to have. (Poisk, Pirs, Rassvet, Mir Docking Module) The little experiment airlock on the side of Rassvet would be nice little Beale-ified 'Goo Canister'.

That's a real cool model ya got there! And I'm liking that goo idea :)

Niemand303 said:
The size problem MIGHT actually be Tweakscale, since it auto-resizes part according to the node size and the decoupler in beta has 0.625m sized node.

That effect is pretty nice, I think. :)

I'm very hyped about AB Launchers. :)

Offtop: now I have one more connecting point with Italy, I was accepted for our university's flight practice course, and I'll be flying an Italian-made Tecnam P2002. :)

Aah! Thanks for that tweakscale info! I'll look deeper.

More importantly, the decoupler should probably have a bigger node, I'll fix that.

And many thanks!

Edited by Beale
inglese

Hey, love this mod (Vega crew B is so good for early stations, fits nicely with some of my other mods as well) however I seem to have broken one of the parts I think. Currently I have trimmed down many of my mods so KSP is actually playable with the benefit of some extra parts. The part in question is the antenna under the Soyouz folder (the little dish on the folding arm) the dish itself still works however whenever I click enable or disable or activate / deactivate the dish arm itself does not move. I have not made many changes to the antenna itself other than changing it from omnidirectional to dish with a 25MM range (might nerf it some more but I wanted a smaller dish than the 45MM range one so I could use it for rovers in atmosphere). Looking into the .cfg I think this is the part responsible for the moving animation:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = Tantares_Antenna_A_Deploy

isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Extend

endEventGUIName = Retract

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

}

My guess is I must have deleted the folder containing the animation, however I have looked in the original .zip file and could not find a file by this name, any suggestions? I should mention that I have also modified the Voda backup antenna to a 3.5MM range and gave the stock remote tech research antenna a 10MM range, yet the Voda antenna still does it's animation fine, so I am wondering why the Soyouz antenna no longer animates? Any help would be great!!:D

P.S. I do not mean to be rude by saying that I have deleted parts that you have clearly put so much work into, it was a long and painful process in selecting the ones to keep and was the only way I can get a modded KSP to run, one day when I have a better computer I plan to make a glorious KSSR Program using this mod! Also I completely understand if this is not solvable, asking for support on a modified mod may be a bit much but I figured I would try anyways :P

Hey, love this mod (Vega crew B is so good for early stations, fits nicely with some of my other mods as well) however I seem to have broken one of the parts I think. Currently I have trimmed down many of my mods so KSP is actually playable with the benefit of some extra parts. The part in question is the antenna under the Soyouz folder (the little dish on the folding arm) the dish itself still works however whenever I click enable or disable or activate / deactivate the dish arm itself does not move. I have not made many changes to the antenna itself other than changing it from omnidirectional to dish with a 25MM range (might nerf it some more but I wanted a smaller dish than the 45MM range one so I could use it for rovers in atmosphere). Looking into the .cfg I think this is the part responsible for the moving animation:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = Tantares_Antenna_A_Deploy

isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Extend

endEventGUIName = Retract

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

}

My guess is I must have deleted the folder containing the animation, however I have looked in the original .zip file and could not find a file by this name, any suggestions? I should mention that I have also modified the Voda backup antenna to a 3.5MM range and gave the stock remote tech research antenna a 10MM range, yet the Voda antenna still does it's animation fine, so I am wondering why the Soyouz antenna no longer animates? Any help would be great!!:D

P.S. I do not mean to be rude by saying that I have deleted parts that you have clearly put so much work into, it was a long and painful process in selecting the ones to keep and was the only way I can get a modded KSP to run, one day when I have a better computer I plan to make a glorious KSSR Program using this mod! Also I completely understand if this is not solvable, asking for support on a modified mod may be a bit much but I figured I would try anyways :P

Hiya!

The mod is designed to delete bits you don't want, it is good :)

That being said, it is only guaranteed to be safe if you delete whole "craft" folders, not to delete only certain parts.

Basically - there is no risk of deleting animations - because animations are stored in the .MU model file.

Ack, I would want to help, I had similar animation problems some time ago... But, I cannot remember.

Let me ask, did you modify the antenna.cfg or the module manage patch for remote tech?

Also, if you are feeling brave (back up your save) you could try extract the antenna folder from the Soyuz beta folder.

Hiya!

The mod is designed to delete bits you don't want, it is good :)

That being said, it is only guaranteed to be safe if you delete whole "craft" folders, not to delete only certain parts.

Basically - there is no risk of deleting animations - because animations are stored in the .MU model file.

Ack, I would want to help, I had similar animation problems some time ago... But, I cannot remember.

Let me ask, did you modify the antenna.cfg or the module manage patch for remote tech?

Also, if you are feeling brave (back up your save) you could try extract the antenna folder from the Soyuz beta folder.

Good to hear! Thanks for the quick response as well, I have been tweaking the values on many of the antennas to give a wider range of options, so I guess most of my changes have been to the remote tech module. Here is what I did to the Tantares antenna part, like I said I wanted to make it a dish instead of omni, maybe that somehow broke the animation?:

@PART[Tantares_Antenna_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]

{

}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]

{

allowManualControl = false

}

TechRequired = flightControl

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntenna

Mode0DishRange = 0

Mode1DishRange = 25000000

EnergyCost = 0.40

DishAngle = 25.0

%TRANSMITTER {

%PacketInterval = 0.3

%PacketSize = 2

%PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPUPassive

}

}

I will also give that beta one a quick try, I noticed that the other files in the antenna folder are quite small (26kb for the .mu and 49kb for the .mbm) in comparison to the beta files, will post results soon!

Edit: How come there is now a Tantares_Crew_A_psd.mbm for the antenna instead of a Tantares_Antenna_A_Base_auv.mbm? IT also seems to be the same size as the one located in the Crew folder (looking at my current Soyouz folder it just has the Antenna and the Port, I will also try adding the crew module back in and see what happens.

Edited by DanBMan

Good to hear! Thanks for the quick response as well, I have been tweaking the values on many of the antennas to give a wider range of options, so I guess most of my changes have been to the remote tech module. Here is what I did to the Tantares antenna part, like I said I wanted to make it a dish instead of omni, maybe that somehow broke the animation?:

@PART[Tantares_Antenna_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

{

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]

{

}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]

{

allowManualControl = false

}

TechRequired = flightControl

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntenna

Mode0DishRange = 0

Mode1DishRange = 25000000

EnergyCost = 0.40

DishAngle = 25.0

%TRANSMITTER {

%PacketInterval = 0.3

%PacketSize = 2

%PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPUPassive

}

}

I will also give that beta one a quick try, I noticed that the other files in the antenna folder are quite small (26kb for the .mu and 49kb for the .mbm) in comparison to the beta files, will post results soon!

Hmm, you have changed barely anything, I do not see what could cause this :huh:

Quick FYI, the antenna in the beta actually has a full texture, when it should only have a 5KB stub, so it ain't that.

Lemme install RT real quick and copy your config eh?

Hmm, you have changed barely anything, I do not see what could cause this :huh:

Quick FYI, the antenna in the beta actually has a full texture, when it should only have a 5KB stub, so it ain't that.

Lemme install RT real quick and copy your config eh?

It definitely did not like the beta antenna (texture was all weird and blue, maybe I should have deleted the old base texture though), I will try and reinstall the normal antenna and see if that does anything, along with a few other things and if I can get it to work / figure out what caused it I'll let you know. If not I might just take it out then :( thanks for trying though! (of course if you can get it working that would be awesome as well, I'm not sure what you meant by my config, although if you need more just ask) Again great mod, I love the probes as well, FOBOS for exploring and the Pollux will be my go to resupply drone for my stations! Also if you haven't tried it I recommend using the Libra Structural Fuel Tank with the A.L.C.O.R. Pod (different mod) I swear they were made to be used together (exact same colour and the meshes align perfectly)!

What I mean is, if you use the option to turn off autoscaling, does the part still rescale?

Actually, I don't know, I never used Tweakscale with Tantares, I delete all the configs for the parts I want NOT to be rescaled.

*I wanted to make a joke about part-positive and loving them the size they are, but it would be too offensive*