[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The first stage separation!

It's so destructive, it gave me a little chuckle :)

I must be even more terrible at english than I ever imagined.

http://i.imgur.com/Aj0tJrb.jpg

Ahah!

No, I understand now! Maybe I am having the language problems :)

I have read your previous post wrongly.

Please be not.

I will support any your choice on how to do it.

Because I won't fly it much

Because you are an author here. And you should remember that how far it recreates reality, or how modular should be, or whatever - is essentially your choice. And you should listen to the criticism to see if your creating is percepted the way you want it to be percepted - not to realize that people want something different.

If listening where have you got away from prototype being difficult - take a break.

But never ever let anyone put you into apathy.

37e70d56e2f3a334b13a535cddc1f6bf.png

We loaf your work, Beale!

Don't let the N-1 bring you down. Although, come to think of it, bringing things down is what the real N-1 did. :confused:

The N-1 has an inordinate amount of stages for something designed to go to the moon.

Pictures that show the interior really convey what a goofy design this rocket had.

The N-1 has an inordinate amount of stages for something designed to go to the moon.

The Moon's about as far as you can go really, in a single rocket launch (I look forward to being proved wrong with a crazy concept).

Please be not.

I will support any your choice on how to do it.

Because I won't fly it much

Because you are an author here. And you should remember that how far it recreates reality, or how modular should be, or whatever - is essentially your choice. And you should listen to the criticism to see if your creating is percepted the way you want it to be percepted - not to realize that people want something different.

If listening where have you got away from prototype being difficult - take a break.

But never ever let anyone put you into apathy.

http://i.gyazo.com/37e70d56e2f3a334b13a535cddc1f6bf.png

We loaf your work, Beale!

Don't let the N-1 bring you down. Although, come to think of it, bringing things down is what the real N-1 did. :confused:

Pictures that show the interior really convey what a goofy design this rocket had.

Eheh...

I've been misunderstood!

Actually enjoying the N-1 development immensely, it is just a very tricky rocket to get the head around.

8414936889.jpg

f0a1cb59de.jpg

Edited by Beale

The Moon's about as far as you can go really, in a single rocket launch (I look forward to being proved wrong with a crazy concept).

I once read about a concept to use a Saturn V to send a manned Apollo CSM to Venus for a flyby mission. It probably would have been modified somehow, possibly with Space Shuttle SRBs

Eheh...

I've been misunderstood!

Actually enjoying the N-1 development immensely, it is just a very tricky rocket to get the head around.

Then ease your mind and watch something, that you helped to accomplish :wink:

While you watch the first three pics, listen to this: http://youtu.be/Szdziw4tI9o

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I once read about a concept to use a Saturn V to send a manned Apollo CSM to Venus for a flyby mission. It probably would have been modified somehow, possibly with Space Shuttle SRBs
wasn't it just a basic Saturn v with the S-IVB modified to become a wet workshop?

You're right, it was part of the Apollo applications program IIRC... (Probably wrong).

I'll narrow down my statement a bit: The Moon is as far as you can go, land and come back in a single rocket launch, without going into crazy land.

Then ease your mind and watch something, that you helped to accomplish :wink:

While you watch the first three pics, listen to this: http://youtu.be/Szdziw4tI9o

http://imgur.com/a/aOGUC

Musical accompaniment was much appreciated! :)

Great station, I love the design of the Cupola tug!

cc6b15b73e.jpg

wasn't it just a basic Saturn v with the S-IVB modified to become a wet workshop?

The piloted Venus flyby was planned before we had discovered solar flares and the extent of the danger of chronic solar radiation. In fact had the mission been flown as scheduled in 1973, the intense solar activity probably would of killed the astronauts. D:

A capable interplanetary habitat might end up being too massive to be part of a single-launch mission architecture.

The piloted Venus flyby was planned before we had discovered solar flares and the extent of the danger of chronic solar radiation. In fact had the mission been flown as scheduled in 1973, the intense solar activity probably would of killed the astronauts. D:

A capable interplanetary habitat might end up being too massive to be part of a single-launch mission architecture.

That sounds about right! Good job it didn't happen.

Two tone!

08d0cda692.jpg

e599322c36.jpg

Somewhat controversial possible change.

I may make the whole rocket two-tone, as I think it looks rather nice.

057d3cadea.jpg

Edited by Beale

uhm Beale ...

are the engines build in into the N1 tanks for the first three stages? or are you doing seperate engins like for your other lifters? if you do them as extra parts, you will run into problems with teh length of each stage. stage two and three had large enginefairings to protect them during ascend. and i see you your oics, that you already have "build in" the fiarings into the tanklength.

edit: i would sugest to remove the pipe on the BLock B. every piping was inside these funy "block shaped attachments" on the side of each tank

(dont mind the nuclear payload :D )

iso_interior_white_1.jpg

Edited by Darth Lazarus

The Russian engineers felt the same..

That is true!

I have the advantage of machine abstraction! None of that nasty plumbing :)

uhm Beale ...

are the engines build in into the N1 tanks for the first three stages? or are you doing seperate engins like for your other lifters? if you do them as extra parts, you will run into problems with teh length of each stage. stage two and three had large enginefairings to protect them during ascend. and i see you your oics, that you already have "build in" the fiarings into the tanklength.

edit: i would sugest to remove the pipe on the BLock B. every piping was inside these funy "block shaped attachments" on the side of each tank

(dont mind the nuclear payload :D )

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/n1/icbm/iso_interior_white_1.jpg

Yup, there are no fairings. I know it's a blow to accuracy, but it's impossible to maintain stock size diameters without doing it this way :(

The engines are separate low-profile parts.

As for the piping, it seems there was at least a little "outdoor" greeble.

At least according to my source:

e66fc912b8.jpg

fixed that for ya ;)

I'll be proven wrong when Orion gets flown manned in 2017 2018 2021 2024 never. :wink:

Amazing N1! I like the 2 tone paint scheme idea.

I'm glad!

I'll hopefully be able to make what I mean clearer later on :)

I was able to build a pretty handy little Mun probe using a number of different Tantares parts:

http://i.imgur.com/QCc8RHE.png

http://i.imgur.com/92s9DC8.png

Oh wow! Never thought of using the Cygnus as a fuel tank! Very neat idea!

( It probably has a slightly cheaty dry/mass ratio though! :) )

The N-1 looks amazing! Also, do you have a whole folder of the holy loaf or something?

993809ad73.jpg

Edited by Beale

Looks really nice. What would it look like if the first stage were entirely dark or light, and then the upper stages were as they are there?

Thanks!

It might look a little like this:

a0f100fc78.jpg

I think so far of all styles, I am most fond of this one.

The fuel bumps on the middle tank can be made white, but it would require a slight UV re-work.

Edited by Beale