[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Tantares .craft Files v1.2 is now up! Please check out post #4433 for the Dropbox Download, and all future updates. (Make sure to watch it in 1080p!)

Here's a quick flight test/demo of the new and improved Soyuz-TMA (XLT) variant with soft-landing jets by XanderTek, and improved abort system:

The next update will hopefully include the N-1, and Gemini, once Beale finishes the LK and Titan. Cheers! :)

Edited by curtquarquesso

Tantares .craft Files v1.2 is now up! Please check out post #4433 for the Dropbox Download, and all future updates. (Make sure to watch it in 1080p!)

Here's a quick flight test/demo of the new and improved Soyuz-TMA (XLT) variant with soft-landing jets by XanderTek, and improved abort system:

The next update will hopefully include the N-1, and Gemini, once Beale finishes the LK and Titan. Cheers! :)

How does that abort system work? I normally just have the fairings jettison and the escape tower ignite.

How does that abort system work? I normally just have the fairings jettison and the escape tower ignite.

It's demoed in the video. The Soyuz escape tower yanks the fairings, the OM, and the CM away from the stack, then mid-flight, the CM decouples from the OM, slides out of the fairings, and lands as normal. Reason being, is that the fairings can't jettison away on either side in thick atmosphere. They wouldn't have the force required to separate, and would be glued shut by air rushing over them essentially. For this reason, the whole thing just comes off during an abort.

It's demoed in the video. The Soyuz escape tower yanks the fairings, the OM, and the CM away from the stack, then mid-flight, the CM decouples from the OM, slides out of the fairings, and lands as normal. Reason being, is that the fairings can't jettison away on either side in thick atmosphere. They wouldn't have the force required to separate, and would be glued shut by air rushing over them essentially. For this reason, the whole thing just comes off during an abort.

I understand the procedure to an extent, but how can the fairings detach from the rocket without jettisoning?

I understand the procedure to an extent, but how can the fairings detach from the rocket without jettisoning?

Ah. I see. The fairings halves are attached to the bottom of the stack, and to each other. They do jettison, but just from the bottom of the stack, not from each other. If you look at this video, it shows how the Soyuz is inserted into the fairing housing.

Video: http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/media-entertainment/launch-escape-system-installed-soyuz-tma-02m/

Much better video: http://youtu.be/AVvgpKt5uCA?t=3m27s

Edited by curtquarquesso

Excellent!

I love that you are continuing to update this :)

Many thanks!

N1 Mission w/ the new N1

http://imgur.com/a/x91dm

The launch complex is so cool!

Nice mission :cool:

Can you share .craft file for the new lunar N1?

Likewise, those fairings are very pretty.

-snip-

Unrelated: But I love the signature album!

CKAN

I've made the .netkan configuration for TantaresLV, but sadly I am stuck at the GitHub part. Can anyone offer a little insight? Thanks!

Edited by Beale

I like the practicalities made for career mode! :)

It's a shame the N-1 is too heavy :D

Tantares 17

23/02/2015

- Gemini IVA.

- Castor LARJ thruster.

- Castor LEM fuel tank and engine.

- New Props by OrionKermin.

- Alternate Paint Scheme for Soyuz

Please let me know of any bugs you may come across!

I've been busy away making the LK (Not ready to show yet) and also a brand new set of Agency flags that are more interesting (Although, basically borderline plagiarized Aerospace company logos) than what we have currently.

28b5018178.jpg

Edited by Beale

did you switch sides again?

Well I am Italian.

I'm ashamed even of myself to make this joke.

Wooop!! Can someone throw up some screens including the alternate Soyuz texture? Today is a lecture/homework day, and I can't allow myself to load up KSP... :wink:

Sure :)

4b2a661388.jpg727710a986.jpg

Also Important

RO_Tantares.cfg has been renamed Tantares_Extra_RO.cfg, so please, make sure you don't have duplicates, at the risk of bad stuff happening!

What is the expression on Tom Stafford's face?

Two days rendezvous and docking in apollo capsule - I would not be happy :D

Aw man, I've just rebuilt my LK-LOK payload... Please tell that it won't break existing crafts.

Rough guess: new sizes shouldn't be much different. But I cant give hard promise sorry :(

Mr. Beale, I found this and I was wondering if you could create it for your Tantares LV mod that is out. Also, the site may be of some use to you.

Thanks Beale and all who helped to create the mod,

Astrofox

Thanks!

But, what about that rocket cannot be created with stock parts / welds? It already looks very stock-ish.

Edit: It also seems to use Angara engines, which would be coming along eventually.

Edited by Beale