[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Nice new Cygnus! :) To be frank' date=' I've only launched one or two probes/satellites since I first started playing KSP over a year ago. Just comes down to my preference of playing style. To me unmanned stuff lack the appeal, there are a few exceptions though.

EDIT: Nice alternate texture. :D[/quote']

That is my "go-to" probe core these days...its got a good battery, stunning comms under remote tech, a shape that lends itself to oodles of part attachments and isn't too heavy. Its not that it's unbalanced, just that its the exact right package to start hanging other stuff off of

That is my "go-to" probe core these days...its got a good battery, stunning comms under remote tech, a shape that lends itself to oodles of part attachments and isn't too heavy. Its not that it's unbalanced, just that its the exact right package to start hanging other stuff off of

I just went to a full Tantares install for the first time the day before yesterday, (Before then I culled some parts folders, but since Tantares doesn't use all that much memory I thought what the heck.) this core is now my go to core as well. I use it for upper trans stage's. Really nice core and actually really nice parts in general.

The Libra lander engine spews out NullReference errors when I use it. I believe it may be related to the "FXModuleAnimateThrottle" module in the part config, given what I have seen in my output file and in-game.

Appears in VAB:

FXModuleAnimateThrottle: Could not find animation component - on part Libra.Engine.A failed to load! Check the model file

Appears once launched:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FXModuleAnimateThrottle.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Now that I think about it. I think I'm gonna build something with Cygnus core in the next KSP version, there are many possibilities as what to use it for (apart from delivering small supplies) like a small science gathering drone or a cryogenic container containing a live kerbal or a more grim example: Space coffin, send out your dead Kerbals in style! :cool:

There is an expanded version of Cygnus planned to be launched with round panels instead of rectangular ones. Would you consider making those? They would be great for old Orion like ships.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Standard_Cygnus_vs_Enhanced_Cygnus.png

Sorry I can't directly embed the image, phone interface is stupid.

I do like these, but I would not have a single idea where to begin animating them! :)

Perhaps when my IRL work quiet is down, I can experiment more (Alongside finally cracking down on Kliper/PPTS).

Some might say it's over-powered :P

I just went to a full Tantares install for the first time the day before yesterday, (Before then I culled some parts folders, but since Tantares doesn't use all that much memory I thought what the heck.) this core is now my go to core as well. I use it for upper trans stage's. Really nice core and actually really nice parts in general.

Thanks! :)

The Libra lander engine spews out NullReference errors when I use it. I believe it may be related to the "FXModuleAnimateThrottle" module in the part config, given what I have seen in my output file and in-game.

Appears in VAB:

FXModuleAnimateThrottle: Could not find animation component - on part Libra.Engine.A failed to load! Check the model file

Appears once launched:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FXModuleAnimateThrottle.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Ah!

Good find!

I'll look into it...

Hey!

The solar panels are unique, with each hinge animated, which gives some nice result.

d29378911b.jpg

6328a8aee9.jpg

0b8bab58b1.jpg

548baabd9b.jpg

17c5e8736a.jpg

63da470440.jpg

cb3db94d4a.jpg

I do like these, but I would not have a single idea where to begin animating them! :)

Perhaps when my IRL work quiet is down, I can experiment more (Alongside finally cracking down on Kliper/PPTS).

Some might say it's over-powered :P

Thanks! :)

Ah!

Good find!

I'll look into it...

Hey!

The solar panels are unique, with each hinge animated, which gives some nice result.

http://puu.sh/hcWoe/d29378911b.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWq2/6328a8aee9.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWqW/0b8bab58b1.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWrE/548baabd9b.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWt9/17c5e8736a.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWAI/63da470440.jpg

http://puu.sh/hcWBS/cb3db94d4a.jpg

Looks fantastic! I love the new panels (currently I use Soyuz 1x2 panels on my 1.25m-scaled Cygnus for similar effect), as well as the cargo module texture! Though I like the silver SM very much.

Are you just using a stock Clamp-o-Tron Jr. for the docking port?

There is some pieces of fine art I can see here Beale, congratulations as always, you keep amazing me with your work, on and your dog is cute by the way ! :cool:

Many thanks! :)

Looks fantastic! I love the new panels (currently I use Soyuz 1x2 panels on my 1.25m-scaled Cygnus for similar effect), as well as the cargo module texture! Though I like the silver SM very much.

Are you just using a stock Clamp-o-Tron Jr. for the docking port?

Thanks!

Docking port - the stock Clamp-o-Tron Jr. seems quite a nice fit, when offset. There is a lot of left-over texture space, so maybe I can make a custom docking port.

The new pol looks excellent Beale, can't wait! However, since we've moved on to KIS, I am having an issue with the current Pol, as it doesn't seem to have an inventory making it's only use a fuel supply craft. Would this issue by chance be remedied by the next revamp of Pol? Many thanks, love your work.

Docking port - the stock Clamp-o-Tron Jr. seems quite a nice fit, when offset. There is a lot of left-over texture space, so maybe I can make a custom docking port.

I'm not sure what it's intended to go with, but I always use the small docking port with the built-in 'chute on the Cygnus.

Your solar panels always look PERFECTLY stock!

Aww, thanks!

The new pol looks excellent Beale, can't wait! However, since we've moved on to KIS, I am having an issue with the current Pol, as it doesn't seem to have an inventory making it's only use a fuel supply craft. Would this issue by chance be remedied by the next revamp of Pol? Many thanks, love your work.

Many thanks!

Your KIS issues, using latest version of this mod and KIS, clean install? Let me check it out... Seemed to be working fine.

That's awesome Beale! Will you also be making a decoupler for the soar srb or a fairing for the pol engine?

Thanks!

Yes, it will have fairing.

New solar panels look slick! Is Pol complete, or do you have anything else in the works for it?

Off-topic: Looking like great weather for a Dragon launch! http://i.imgur.com/PMbECpf.jpg

Thanks!

Just the RCS remain.

Everyone remember to tune in at 4:10 ET! SpaceX is going to try to land the spent core of a Falcon 9 on a barge again. Third time's the charm, yeah?
Silly Falcon 9, you're not Captain Falcon! Nintendo says NO! Why won't you learn your lesson? *shakes finger at Falcon 9* Bad Falcon, Bad! Go to your room!

Lucky number 4 to hope for eh? Good job SpaceX isn't Chinese.

Here's official Beale challenge number 2: Perform boost-back and landing manouver with N-1 Block A fuel tank (Must launch with Block B, C and G, no extra payload though), doesn't matter where you land (As long as it is on dry land), but I'll give a silly little namedrop in one of the part descriptions who manage it.

Edited by Beale

Aww, thanks!

Many thanks!

Your KIS issues, using latest version of this mod and KIS, clean install? Let me check it out... Seemed to be working fine.

Thanks!

Yes, it will have fairing.

Thanks!

Just the RCS remain.

Lucky number 4 to hope for eh? Good job SpaceX isn't Chinese.

Here's official Beale challenge number 2: Perform boost-back and landing manouver with N-1 Block A fuel tank (Must launch with Block B, C and G, no extra payload though), doesn't matter where you land (As long as it is on dry land), but I'll give a silly little namedrop in one of the part descriptions who manage it.

Eyyyy, you know what? I'll land the n1 IN RSS too, so I'll see how that goes (hopefully it doesn't end up like spaceX's attempt.

Hopefully nobody's going to do it by the end of the day.

Eyyyy, you know what? I'll land the n1 IN RSS too, so I'll see how that goes (hopefully it doesn't end up like spaceX's attempt.

Hopefully nobody's going to do it by the end of the day.

Agh. I'm going to throw together a quick build of KSP in 64k with FAR just for this. You're on pal.

I myself don't do challenges. I'm not a competitive person at all, competition is quite alien to me. I could care less who wins what, I'm just playing KSP for Sci-Fi experience to get away from all this real-life nonsense. :D

Anyway, I have my eyes peeled at the day when Spectre gets it's IVA (with RPM support of course). :)

(Don't take this as an actual attempt, I was bored)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Under the fairing is a full 18t of fuel. Only Block A was used. (I think I should get FMRS).

Took me a few tries, mostly due to very high TWR.

Was actually kind of fun. (I should do this sort of thing more often!)

Anyway' date=' I have my eyes peeled at the day when Spectre gets it's IVA (with RPM support of course). :)[/quote']

Funny you should mention this :rolleyes:

(Don't take this as an actual attempt, I was bored)

http://imgur.com/a/raHDb

Under the fairing is a full 18t of fuel. Only Block A was used. (I think I should get FMRS).

Took me a few tries, mostly due to very high TWR.

Was actually kind of fun. (I should do this sort of thing more often!)

An attempt is an attempt!

ccbe83a267.jpg

Congrats! And nice job :)

Pay close attention to part descriptions in next release!

RCS

Barely any different except a little more polygons.

With that, pretty much done with Cygnus.

9a7667d7dd.jpg

e79a606218.jpg