[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

when you install it it should set up a file association for you (and maybe ask if you want to let it handle zip files and tar and rars). in which case just double click on the file and it happens automatically...you just have to say you want to extract whatever you want.

with what browser?

and I'm on W8

Sorry....I don't have admin on this PC........

Here. I've rehosted it as a normal .zip. Let me know if it works. Hopefully you should be unzip it without any special programs.

PPTS .zip file link.

Will fix!

"Check first page for craft files.

Fairings, you have the choice of procedural fairings or the stock shrouds."

I've checked up and down for the shroud. Looked in the files as well. It's not there. Maybe I missed it, where is it in the files and what is its file name?

Mine are on there under craft files, though they are broken at the moment. They're also available via my signature. Tantares 29 was rough on them. Heh. I'll try to get them fixed ASAP.

I think the fairings you're referring to are the custom ones done by planeguy. That should be on the front page as well.

Edited by curtquarquesso

A quick build test for the PPTS, and she's flying fine so far.

http://i.imgur.com/V8uAesS.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/Vh13vaw.png?1

Wow! That looks great. This reminds me though... How will it land? I don't think Beale is preparing for it to be able to land propulsively... (Are you? :/) I'd just as soon clip TKS chutes into the sides of it near the nose. I don't think it's unrealistic or anything. Ideas anyone?

To solve the propulsive landing thing without baking it into the capsule, could we get small, high TWR, low-profile engines for that kind of thing kinda like the FGB orbital engines? They work well, but have that long awkward part that sticks out awfully.

For the time being, I simply added one of the generic RealChutes under the APAS unit. Seemed the most reasonable solution since this was dashed together in a couple minutes.

For the time being, I simply added one of the generic RealChutes under the APAS unit. Seemed the most reasonable solution since this was dashed together in a couple minutes.

Yeah, that's certainly a solution. Sometime tomorrow after school, I'll try to make a setup for a propulsively landing PPTS with the TKS/FGB orbital engines and the LK landing legs. May not be pretty, but mark my works, it'll land without chutes. :)

To be completely honest, I haven't read anything that's been talked about regarding the IVA for the PPTS; however, I have an idea.

Is it possible to make a button in the IVA that triggers the little panel to come down? Or would that require RPM or something?

Don't believe it's possible unfortunately. Never ever seen an animated IVA. If it were possible, it'd probably have been done by now.

Don't believe it's possible unfortunately. Never ever seen an animated IVA. If it were possible, it'd probably have been done by now.

I think you can have animated IVAs but there's no way of actually triggering the animation. So possibly you could have looping animated parts in them but I don't think you could do what was suggested in having the panels come down.

Check out the LEM ascent module in FASA. It was originally done by DennyTx. It has animated buttons, rotary controls, and an animated hatch that is triggered by a specific control. You might be able to glean something from it.

Is it too late for me to throw in my usual complaint about the IVA being too bare? Because the IVA is too bare. Seriously, go nuts with the props, put all sorts of buttons on the walls, even if they don't don't do anything. Just put racks of buttons below the windows and more cargo bags on the floor or something. It's supposed to be an IVA for the flight worthy spacecraft, not the cheap mockups they have at space museums for children to get in with the painted on controls and stuff!

Is it too late for me to throw in my usual complaint about the IVA being too bare? Because the IVA is too bare. Seriously, go nuts with the props, put all sorts of buttons on the walls, even if they don't don't do anything. Just put racks of buttons below the windows and more cargo bags on the floor or something. It's supposed to be an IVA for the flight worthy spacecraft, not the cheap mockups they have at space museums for children to get in with the painted on controls and stuff!

The ASET lander pod by alexustas has a spectacular IVA. Nearly every button and switch has a function. I know IVA's are a pain to set up, but the immersion factor takes KSP to a whole new level.

PPTS seems not to work for me, I have it set up as KSP/Gamedata/PPTSBeta/Parts-Spaces, but no parts show up.

Easy fix. You've installed it incorrectly. Open up the download, drag /PPTS/ to /Tantares/Parts/, and drag /Tucana_Crew_A/ from your downloaded /Spaces/ folder to the /Spaces/ folder already in /Tantares/. The goal is to merge the files. Let me know if it works.

Well maybe Beale can ask DennyTX and/or Alexustas about it then? I have no real idea how any of this works most of the time.

Why? Alexustas has already made a guide about activating animations by buttons. In Russian: http://kerbal space.ru///forum/mody/topic-394-page-99.html#post75741

Free Translation.

At first we need to make a "Chief switch" which can do lot's of useful things.

PROP

{

name = InternalLightSwitch - Prop name

MODULE

{

name = JSIActionGroupSwitch - this thing makes a button from prop

animationName = SwitchLightAnim - pressing animation

switchTransform = SwitchPUSHcollider - collider to which we must press

actionName = intlight - special Action which manage the light in IVA

internalLightName = FloodLight - light source

needsElectricCharge = true - ê-hardcore, the light turn off when the electricity ends

}

}

So we made a "Chief switch"

Also, it would be useful to know all Action Names:

actionName:

- gear

- brakes

- lights

- rcs

- sas

- abort

- stage

- custom01..custom10

- intlight

- dummy - means that the button just play animationwithout consequences

- plugin.

Now we know how to make buttons and ready to go deeper. As you remembered, we have "Chief switch", but we need this button to activate intlight action group, not only turn on and off itself. There are a spicial mechanism called in RPM. It's a variable-event which is created by user. So, when we add this line to the config of our switch: , we create the variable with the name "TurnInternalLights" which stores the state of the switch and all the props in IVA "see" it. And when we click the switch this state becomes "true".

Ok, right now we should tell our lamps to watch for "Chief switch" by using variable "TurnInternalLights". For this we just open lamp config and copipaste to this our old-good line: "TurnInternalLights". Also important that we don't need to have "SwitchTransform=..." in config no more. Just because.

Lamp config:

PROP

{

name = InternalLightBox01

MODULE

{

name = JSIActionGroupSwitch

animationName = IntLightBoxAnim

perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalLights

actionName = dummy

}

}

For all this we need a RPM plugin. It's also available in stock KSP but only for standard things such a RCS, Staging and Action Groups.

Edited by SnowWhite

For all this we need a RPM plugin. It's also available in stock KSP but only for standard things such a RCS, Staging and Action Groups.

So in stock KSP with no plug-ins, you can make buttons to trigger action groups and staging, yet I haven't seen any IVAs that do that? Why not?

Wow! That looks great. This reminds me though... How will it land? I don't think Beale is preparing for it to be able to land propulsively... (Are you? :/) I'd just as soon clip TKS chutes into the sides of it near the nose. I don't think it's unrealistic or anything. Ideas anyone?

To solve the propulsive landing thing without baking it into the capsule, could we get small, high TWR, low-profile engines for that kind of thing kinda like the FGB orbital engines? They work well, but have that long awkward part that sticks out awfully.

How about Landertron rockets?

Beale, do you know if the PPTS is going to be "released" before you vanish for a while? :)

The reason I ask is for purposes of inclusion in my SSP career mode mod. I tried out the beta this morning and it looks pretty slick!

Edited by tjsnh

So in stock KSP with no plug-ins, you can make buttons to trigger action groups and staging, yet I haven't seen any IVAs that do that? Why not?

No, you need to use RasterPropMonitor (see my sig below) to have a functional IVA. I think the only stock prop that you can interact with is the speed indicator (you can switch which speed mode it's in).

There were a few stock IVAs a while back that had some working buttons, MK-2 I believe. Problem is they were not marked and pressing the wrong button at the wrong time could mean disaster. Haven't played in IVA for quite a while now so not sure about current IVA's.