[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

There's already so many solar panel options. One niche one wouldn't be too bad at all.

Maybe you are right.

Older style panels are a good option:

I would like to pick up a few things from HGR that I liked.

nw009p6.jpg

Edited by Beale

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I, uh, personally think you should spend as much time as you need on Soyuz before moving on to N1.

#SpaceRace2016

:wink:

I also have much else to do before next release:

• Finish Cygnus
  • Finish Fobos Grunt
  • Finish Soyuz

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

oh? I thought you were doing Soyuz then N1, now that you've done LK you will have refreshed your whole moonshot stack.

Yes you are on the right trail, sadly I have done as usual and lost track of plans :D 
The N1 and Moon poodles (maybe some science parts?) is the immediate priority soon.

As even more, I had installed a new computer and not yet installed Unity (But, of course Wings3D and Photoshop!).

uq94qLB.png
5MDbwRN.png
ZUtTh0I.png

Edited by Beale

57 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

After finally arriving at a workable UR700, I can see why they scrapped the design. Using an N1 variant is a lot less convoluted.

Plus it had a far smaller chance of giving the entire population of Kazakhstan cancer.

Edited by billbobjebkirk
Removed picture

13 minutes ago, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

DAMn. you are still at this huh? Congratrz man. this is more than anyone can bare. 

Thanks! I knew I'd make it work sooner or later. Turns out it was MUCH later! :D

Just now, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

I am really not :) I got into photography instead. i also have a hot girlfriend now... No time for Rocket models :/  Kinda of a shame cause I'd love to make my impression of Spacex MCT... 

Your talents are missed here, that's for sure. But I agree that a hot girlfriend can be far more interesting that rocket models!

1 minute ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Your talents are missed here, that's for sure. But I agree that a hot girlfriend can be far more interesting that rocket models!

http://imgur.com/kPnLBQz - and my photography is better than my rockets. Certainly better than my stock texture attempts... 

does KSP allow for more combined modules these days? I recall being ahead of my time

1 hour ago, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

http://imgur.com/kPnLBQz - and my photography is better than my rockets. Certainly better than my stock texture attempts... 

does KSP allow for more combined modules these days? I recall being ahead of my time

CBBP! You live! Not to hijack Beale's thread or take anything away from him 'cause his mod rocks, but I agree with Mr. Wolfe your talents are missed. Hope you find time to once again let us fly your creations.

On 9/23/2015 at 8:24 AM, Beale said:

Heh! I can't believe that is possible, nice! :cool:

Solar panels!

From Curtquarquesso

7OtQAAM.gif

80852c5c87.jpg

There was this post from ages ago, and I thought these sort of panels by curtquarquesso would be coming, and I was hyped. This is something I want to see happen.

7 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

There was this post from ages ago, and I thought these sort of panels by curtquarquesso would be coming, and I was hyped. This is something I want to see happen.

Yeah! The question is, does @Beale have those files somewhere.

Additionally, @Beale have you seen @curtquarquesso recently? I've missed him.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:32 AM, Jack Wolfe said:

After finally arriving at a workable UR700, I can see why they scrapped the design. Using an N1 variant is a lot less convoluted.

I also use the N1 stack to launch LK-700 (MK-700 :-)  ) missions, ends up being a LOT simpler as you pointed out.
Also a LOT cheaper in career mode. Constructing a functional UR-700 work-alike is over a quarter of a million funds, whereas the N1 stack (in my SSP mod anyway) is less than half that.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah! The question is, does @Beale have those files somewhere.

Additionally, @Beale have you seen @curtquarquesso recently? I've missed him.

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Let's just ping @Beale some more and maybe he'll notice us. 

@Beale

@Beale

BXLueYE.png

To answer: sadly no to both questions, I think the files are long lost (from moving PC and life events).

Sadly too, no sign of curtquarquesso in a very long time now, my right hand man is "MIA:( 
But, of course, people have lives to deal with.

3 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I also use the N1 stack to launch LK-700 (MK-700 :-)  ) missions, ends up being a LOT simpler as you pointed out.
Also a LOT cheaper in career mode. Constructing a functional UR-700 work-alike is over a quarter of a million funds, whereas the N1 stack (in my SSP mod anyway) is less than half that.

Would you take offense if I stole the SSP money amounts? :) 
I think they are a lot better than my own.

11 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Ah!

Thanks for digging those from hundreds of pages ago, I had forgotten them.
The panels were in-game at one point, but I remember two problems:

• Hard to tell direction the unfold (This can be fixed with different texture).
  • Mentioned earlier, hard to place on anything but a 1.25m cylinder.
Edited by Beale

27 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks for digging those from hundreds of pages ago, I had forgotten them.
The panels were in-game at one point, but I remember two problems:

• Hard to tell direction the unfold (This can be fixed with different texture).
  • Mentioned earlier, hard to place on anything but a 1.25m cylinder.

So the main problem is modularity.. maybe we can have couple sizes of these? Because I know that the mir modules and the russian iss modules had panels that folded in the same way..(also when it's not folded that way it means that you need wider fairing on the proton which makes it look weird)

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

So the main problem is modularity.. maybe we can have couple sizes of these? Because I know that the mir modules and the russian iss modules had panels that folded in the same way..(also when it's not folded that way it means that you need wider fairing on the proton which makes it look weird)

I think maybe...
It's a tricky decision, either design may make some unhappy, I do not really want to support separate alternatives (snug fold + normal fold + sun tracking + static + shenzou panels) 8 variants! 8!

Can also do different style entirely solar panels that fold tighter to fairings?

Soyuz_7K-OK(A)_drawing.png

Edited by Beale

On 8/28/2016 at 8:48 AM, Beale said:

Yes you are on the right trail, sadly I have done as usual and lost track of plans :D 
The N1 and Moon poodles (maybe some science parts?) is the immediate priority soon.

As even more, I had installed a new computer and not yet installed Unity (But, of course Wings3D and Photoshop!).

uq94qLB.png
5MDbwRN.png
ZUtTh0I.png

These are nice, but they're so.. bland. Too much grey. I suggest adding more color, especially to the engine block.

1 hour ago, Third_OfFive said:

These are nice, but they're so.. bland. Too much grey. I suggest adding more color, especially to the engine block.

I'd agree, possibly some white accents on the SM and some hazard stripes/decals all around?