[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Ah!  The blister/cupola has finally made it to the orbital module!

kPWDI4J.png62kLjVV.jpg

The feels, this is so old :')

Some pics of my UR-700 mission last night, spend some times into the design of the UR rocket, the first stage is working very well with the stronk Energia's engines but the second stage with the Rd-108 is too weak :rolleyes: But still, I'm happy with the general look !

1574555143-220200-20191123010447-1.jpg

1574555159-220200-20191123011421-1.jpg

1574555169-220200-20191123012016-1.jpg

1574555193-220200-20191123013355-1.jpg

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Life is pain, but things like this keep me going. Thanks for the laugh.

How is life pain when we have such a wonderful modding scene. Thanks for pouring more love into Tantares, these look awesome :D

19 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Is there a BDB style build guide anywhere or do I need to go by the pictures in the OP only?

7 hours ago, Carni35 said:

@oniontrain There is not illustrated wiki like for BDB

But you can directly download craft here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gnum5lkwtdrnvi/AADTwbWG4-EpTNqFfRlAn2CRa?dl=0

Don't tempt me... :blush:

On 11/24/2019 at 12:25 AM, DiscoSlelge said:

The feels, this is so old :')

Some pics of my UR-700 mission last night, spend some times into the design of the UR rocket, the first stage is working very well with the stronk Energia's engines but the second stage with the Rd-108 is too weak :rolleyes: But still, I'm happy with the general look !

1574555143-220200-20191123010447-1.jpg

1574555193-220200-20191123013355-1.jpg

Really awesome craft, joining the upper stage like that is genius.

On 11/24/2019 at 1:53 AM, oniontrain said:

Is there a BDB style build guide anywhere or do I need to go by the pictures in the OP only?

Currently craft files only.

13 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Soyuz revamp? My greatest wish is to see "hard" fairings (like the ones on Tundra Exploration) to better emulate the LES, especially after the recent abort.

Also, is there a Soyuz 2-1v engine? I thought one was included but I cannot seem to find it.

The Soyuz rocket currently has no plans to be revamped, this is just the spacecraft.

38 minutes ago, t6jesse said:

Did these end up happening? Just curious. Or are the extensions part of KNES?

No that just a photoshop picture i've made to show at beale what he could do, the model don't really exist.

idk what beale have decided for it.

4 hours ago, t6jesse said:

Did these end up happening? Just curious. Or are the extensions part of KNES?

3 hours ago, Well said:

No that just a photoshop picture i've made to show at beale what he could do, the model don't really exist.

idk what beale have decided for it.

Sorry yeah, I should write a follow up - this unfortunately never was working well due to the requirement that they fold (vs attached directly IRL), it just didn't have the room to fit.

sad, I know.

Edited by Beale

12 hours ago, Beale said:

Sorry yeah, I should write a follow up - this unfortunately never was working well due to the requirement that they fold (vs attached directly IRL), it just didn't have the room to fit.

sad, I know.

It's a real shame knowing Salyut 7 will never be complete...

4 hours ago, lk00david said:

wanted to ask here, as I couldn't find a patch anywhere... does tantares integrate with rp-1 or RO? or is there a patch anywhere that I missed

Nope.

11 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

It's a real shame knowing Salyut 7 will never be complete...

If people can find a way to make it physically possible I will do it, but I can't control the laws of geometry :P

@lk00david unfortunately no, somebody would need to make this. (Before anybody even thinks making about it, it's a lot of work, seriously).

Here's a random sample config:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/AJ260SL_Config.cfg

There's also a pretty big lack of concrete numbers for a lot of the spacecraft currently featured here.

I have no interest personally.

Edited by Beale

On 11/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, Friznit said:

Don't tempt me... :blush:

That would be amazing to be honest. A lot of the craft file seem to have invalid parts in them so I can't really study them that well and have to go off wiki images of the real thing

edit: I am stupid and didn't check the CKAN version, which only has the payloads and vehicles and none of the launch vehicles.

Edited by oniontrain

3 hours ago, Carni35 said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what is the real counterpart of the 4 beautiful upper stages on the first page. Someone could tell the real names of thoses stages ?

https://imgur.com/SkoxbWw

It's written right in the image! :P
From left to right, Briz-M, Briz-KM, Blok-D and Fregat.

Upper Stages
Briz-M, Briz-KM, Blok-D and Fregat.

cInlJ2k.pnggWOSoX2.pngyvo9sUk.pngVFNXoib.png

Edited by Beale

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's written right in the image! :P
From left to right, Briz-M, Briz-KM, Blok-D and Fregat.

Ouah Ok sorry  !

I thought that only blok ''E'' and' ''I'' was existing soviet upper stage, and deduce that was kerbalised names ^^

Thanks for answering to this stupid question ;)

@Beale I know you don't want a KIS dependency, but was there another geometric reason it couldn't be stored in a KIS container and attached via EVA? I don't know enough about modeling to tell by looking at it. It seems like it could surface attach, and just be in an Extras folder for those who want to.

No pressure at all though, I know it's a lot of work for something a limited number of people would use. It took me a long time to get used to the finickiness of KIS

Edited by t6jesse

19 hours ago, t6jesse said:

@Beale I know you don't want a KIS dependency, but was there another geometric reason it couldn't be stored in a KIS container and attached via EVA? I don't know enough about modeling to tell by looking at it. It seems like it could surface attach, and just be in an Extras folder for those who want to.

No pressure at all though, I know it's a lot of work for something a limited number of people would use. It took me a long time to get used to the finickiness of KIS

I don't think unfortunately it is possible to extend existing solar panels right now, even with KIS.

Edited by Beale