[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Only difficulty is no RT support yet...

Making your own ground station is not a problem at all, it's easy.

If you would like Beale, I can take a crack at it.

Also, work is progressing on a fully balanced RemoteTech config for the various Tantares antenna. I have also been working on getting the TACLS config up to date.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

That's so wonderful that everything works:D!

Making your own ground station is not a problem at all, it's easy.

If you would like Beale, I can take a crack at it.

Also, work is progressing on a fully balanced RemoteTech config for the various Tantares antenna. I have also been working on getting the TACLS config up to date.

Thanks!

Ground station works... well the location is roughly correct.

@FoxxoniusAugustus: TACLS would be amazing! No pressure, but there is much agreement that the current config isn't q u i t e right...

Hmm, is the facility on one of the bigger islands in the "Crater"? Also, what do you think about doing alternate pads at KSC for your American rockets?
I don't think so, that island is tiny, I'm guessing it is the "New Zealand" island someone else suggested.

Getting close! :wink:

It's an island.

Quite cold too, definitely not equatorial.

20ada9d7c0.jpg

4133c429f9.jpg

Edited by Beale

...snip...

These? I am really a fan of these concepts...

http://puu.sh/iDWTI/20350f3de2.jpg

Yep :)

Haven't visited in awhile, I like the changes you've made. That new launch complex looks cool. Fun seeing one of my Contact Lost images on the forums. :) that one depicts a modified Blue Gemini receiving in-flight refueling from a RainBird refueling satellite. The fuel tanks are docked to counter-rotating hubs to make fuel transfers easier. Probably not practical but it was a fun image to create. I eventually redid the Blue Gemini to have a three person crew that connected with a modified Apollo service module. That service module combined with a JAXA Hope style cargo bay and something by NASA called the Advanced Automated Rendezvous Docking Vehicle. Maybe one day I'll rebuild the cargo ship and RainBird in KSP..

Anyway, I like the new stuff you've created, looks neat.:)

Edited by Angel-125

Have you played around with IVAs at all, by any chance? This sounds like a familiar issue.

Played around with IVAs? If you mean have I edited them then no, that I have not done.

Nice launchpad side-project thing by the way! Looks like a place I'd launch my unknown flying ships (those Kerbal corporations must not know know what I'm up to!). :D I'd use your launchpad over stock's any day!

That's it. Take my rep!
This is great, Jack!
Great!

Nice "strap" with the IGLA :)

Thanks, all! I'm revisiting the Soyuz 7L-LOK next to see if I can make a higher-fidelity replica, including proper application of the Kontact docking system this time.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Haven't visited in awhile, I like the changes you've made. That new launch complex looks cool. Fun seeing one of my Contact Lost images on the forums. :) that one depicts a modified Blue Gemini receiving in-flight refueling from a RainBird refueling satellite. The fuel tanks are docked to counter-rotating hubs to make fuel transfers easier. Probably not practical but it was a fun image to create. I eventually redid the Blue Gemini to have a three person crew that connected with a modified Apollo service module. That service module combined with a JAXA Hope style cargo bay and something by NASA called the Advanced Automated Rendezvous Docking Vehicle. Maybe one day I'll rebuild the cargo ship and RainBird in KSP..

Anyway, I like the new stuff you've created, looks neat.:)

Nice renders! I'd like to see KSP recreations :)

And thanks!

Played around with IVAs? If you mean have I edited them then no' date=' that I have not done.

Nice launchpad side-project thing by the way! Looks like a place I'd launch my unknown flying ships (those Kerbal corporations must not know know what I'm up to!). :D I'd use your launchpad over stock's any day![/quote']

Just a thought, IVA config errors can cause camera bugs...

Otherwise, I am not so sure what might be the cause. You have tried without KJR?

I love how the vehicle assembly building looks like a huge barn.

Similar to the IRL building, somewhat :)

Black_Arrow.jpg

Added a car storage building.

39ac1d14b1.jpg

54186d9ed1.jpg

90a8c88ea3.jpg

Cool things, thanks! :)

Would you like me to link this post front page?

I'm not sure what you prefer, I'm happy if you put it there or throw it in the repository of add-on files for the next release

- - - Updated - - -

"Someone" has a name you know! :huh:

:-) nice job!

Sorry Minepagan :( Joys of Posting after midnight

Oh About the launch facility

I've got a vague recollection of seeing the launch on TV (I was 8 at the time) and the rocket was assembled on the pad with the VAB over it, then the shed actually rolled back when Launch time came - can't find a reference on the woomera websites so I may have been thinking of an episode of Thunderbirds :)

Just a thought, IVA config errors can cause camera bugs...

Otherwise, I am not so sure what might be the cause. You have tried without KJR?

Feh, well. Just did some testing. First I removed both KJR and added original TKS decoupler config back, nothing at all, then re-added KJR, nothing, tried my ship as it used to be as a draft, nothing. I pretty much retraced all of my steps, nothing, nothing at all. It's as if I was literally pulled into a twilight zone/another dimension and only I had the experience and been rambling about nothing at all when in fact something did go on. Ugh, at this point I'll call it a close one-time encounter with the Kraken itself and call it day, what a mind frell. :confused:

Salutations once again folks!

I have just finished up the RemoteTech and TACLS configs!

RemoteTech DL Here

TACLS DL Here

(Download and place in your Tantares folder, delete old config, rename the new one to what the old one was.)

All the Tantares antenna have been balanced as far as electric charge consumption gos bearing in mind not just range, but cone angle and placement in the tech tree etc. Also nearly all Tantares antenna have had their tech node reassigned to fit better with stock and RemoteTech antenna as well as provide a smoother progression. Of note is the L-LG1 Low Gain Antenna which has had its range reduced slightly from my earlier config to find it a niche between the two high tier RT omni antenna. Also the V-CA "Lance" Antenna, every RemoteTech users favorite omni antenna has had its electric charge consumption greatly increased for balance reasons, plus it gives you a good reason for all those solar panels!

As for TACLS, all crewed parts that reasonably should have life support supply's now has them. A quick run down...

T637A Orbital Module now has 12 person days of supply's, up from 6, this makes Munar flybys feasible.

T579A Habitation Module has the same supply's as the T637A Orbital Module. Balance.

the HAMAL Orbital Module and HAMAL Cargo Module now both have 36 person days of supply's, this makes them actually useful for resupplying stations.

the TK-OB05A Orbital Block now has 18 person days of supply's and the longer TK-OB10B Orbital Block has 36.

The Polaris Orbital Block now has 18 person days of supply's.

On a final note. The RemoteTech config is basically done and any future changes will be very minor. The TACLS config on the other hand is a first pass, I have not had a great deal of time to determine how the addition of all that mass has affected the craft that got TACLS support. That said, again, any future changes will probably not be all that big and shouldn't adversely affect craft in flight.

Looking forward to feedback and constructive criticism.

-Foxx

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

RemoteTech DL Here

TACLS DL Here

(Download and place in your Tantares folder, delete old config, rename the new one to what the old one was.)

All the Tantares antenna have been balanced as far as electric charge consumption gos bearing in mind not just range, but cone angle and placement in the tech tree etc. Also nearly all Tantares antenna have had their tech node reassigned to fit better with stock and RemoteTech antenna as well as provide a smoother progression. Of note is the L-LG1 Low Gain Antenna which has had its range reduced slightly from my earlier config to find it a niche between the two high tier RT omni antenna. Also the V-CA "Lance" Antenna, every RemoteTech users favorite omni antenna has had its electric charge consumption greatly increased for balance reasons, plus it gives you a good reason for all those solar panels!

As for TACLS, all crewed parts that reasonably should have life support supply's now has them. A quick run down...

T637A Orbital Module now has 12 person days of supply's, up from 6, this makes Munar flybys feasible.

T579A Habitation Module has the same supply's as the T637A Orbital Module. Balance.

the HAMAL Orbital Module and HAMAL Cargo Module now both have 36 person days of supply's, this makes them actually useful for resupplying stations.

the TK-OB05A Orbital Block now has 18 person days of supply's and the longer TK-OB10B Orbital Block has 36.

On a final note. The RemoteTech config is basically done and any future changes will be very minor. The TACLS config on the other hand is a first pass, I have not had a great deal of time to determine how the addition of all that mass has affected the craft that got TACLS support. That said, again, any future changes will probably not be all that big and shouldn't adversely affect craft in flight.

-Foxx

My suggestions for the pack: give Soyuz orbital modules an CO2 scrubber like IRL, give Almach capsule a 6-7 day supply, with the increase of electric power in SM or the capsule itself. TKS orbital blocks might have around 30 or even 60 days of supplies (even FCB on the Mir modules were used for cargo transfer, i.e. Kvant-2 delivered new spacesuits for EVA, a big supply of food etc)

My suggestions for the pack: give Soyuz orbital modules an CO2 scrubber like IRL, give Almach capsule a 6-7 day supply, with the increase of electric power in SM or the capsule itself. TKS orbital blocks might have around 30 or even 60 days of supplies (even FCB on the Mir modules were used for cargo transfer, i.e. Kvant-2 delivered new spacesuits for EVA, a big supply of food etc)

I created a TAC LS config for Tantares a while back that had the C02 scrubber, water purifiers and generators on some of the station parts, etc. For some reason my decision to include those did not seem to be popular.

Using the AB pack, I built a Buran replica and sent her up.

External tank ended up ripping off a wing once I got into orbit. So now I am thinking "How do I save four crewmembers on reentry?

The Big Gemini saved my four crewmembers, and allowed for me to do some science while up there!

My suggestions for the pack: give Soyuz orbital modules an CO2 scrubber like IRL, *many boosts to supply capacities*
I created a TAC LS config for Tantares a while back that had the C02 scrubber, water purifiers and generators on some of the station parts, etc. For some reason my decision to include those did not seem to be popular.

As soon as I saw the scrubber idea I had a problem, one of balance. If I add this new function shouldn't I also add mass, on the basis that this would be adding machinery that was not there before? Or should I not add mass on the basis that this machinery WAS already there but its function was not modeled? The problem is that if I add mass then I de-incentivize the use of that part because the dV of any craft that uses it would be reduced, regardless of weather that functionality was needed or wanted. On the other hand if I do not add mass I wind up greatly incentivizing that part because it adds functionality without any cost in dV. That is all without getting into if it should consume electric charge and, if so, how much. As far as the increases in life support store on various craft, I will try and see what I can do. I am still wary of what the mass of all that food and water will do to those crafts performance. Also your post did serve to remind me that the TKS was, at its heart, a resupply vessel. I will have to keep that in mind.

Finally, the configs I am working on are for keeping Tantares compatible with other popular mods. They are not really meant to change Beales parts in any major way.

Hope that helps and I will try and do some testing to see if the craft you mentioned can realistically handle the extra mass.

Cheers,

-Foxx

As soon as I saw the scrubber idea I had a problem, one of balance. If I add this new function shouldn't I also add mass, on the basis that this would be adding machinery that was not there before? Or should I not add mass on the basis that this machinery WAS already there but its function was not modeled? The problem is that if I add mass then I de-incentivize the use of that part because the dV of any craft that uses it would be reduced, regardless of weather that functionality was needed or wanted. On the other hand if I do not add mass I wind up greatly incentivizing that part because it adds functionality without any cost in dV. That is all without getting into if it should consume electric charge and, if so, how much. As far as the increases in life support store on various craft, I will try and see what I can do. I am still wary of what the mass of all that food and water will do to those crafts performance. Also your post did serve to remind me that the TKS was, at its heart, a resupply vessel. I will have to keep that in mind.

Finally, the configs I am working on are for keeping Tantares compatible with other popular mods. They are not really meant to change Beales parts in any major way.

Hope that helps and I will try and do some testing to see if the craft you mentioned can realistically handle the extra mass.

Cheers,

-Foxx

THANK YOU! your configs are really nice, it would be nice to have the extra functions on the parts since they are supposed to be used in stations from the begining, maybe for balance you should add some weight but not that much.

Oh About the launch facility

I've got a vague recollection of seeing the launch on TV (I was 8 at the time) and the rocket was assembled on the pad with the VAB over it, then the shed actually rolled back when Launch time came - can't find a reference on the woomera websites so I may have been thinking of an episode of Thunderbirds :)

Yep, you're right :)

3f0b4dd677.jpg

d09e3138b3.jpg

Feh' date=' well. Just did some testing. First I removed both KJR and added original TKS decoupler config back, nothing at all, then re-added KJR, nothing, tried my ship as it used to be as a draft, nothing. I pretty much retraced all of my steps, nothing, nothing at all. It's as if I was literally pulled into a twilight zone/another dimension and only I had the experience and been rambling about nothing at all when in fact something did go on. Ugh, at this point I'll call it a close one-time encounter with the Kraken itself and call it day, what a mind frell. :confused:[/quote']

An odd thing, yep :wink:

Glad it is apparently fixed.

RemoteTech DL Here

TACLS DL Here

-Foxx

Hey!

Nice stuff!

Many thanks! :)

Wow, so much new stuff! Once I finish Mass Effect 1-3, I'll be returning and retexturing more!

But I'm finishing the trilogy first.

Thanks!

How do you put Black Arrow together?

Black Arrow fairings here (optional)

Like so:

f0cd1c7857.jpg

THANK YOU! your configs are really nice, it would be nice to have the extra functions on the parts since they are supposed to be used in stations from the begining, maybe for balance you should add some weight but not that much.

Cheers,

-Foxx

Here's the appropriate code for the various Tantares + TAC add ons in case you want to add them to your configs.

Tantares Space Technology water purifier:

MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = TST Water Purifier
inputResources = WasteWater, 0.000014247685185, ElectricCharge, 0.007123842592593
outputResources = Water, 0.000012822916667, false, Waste, 0.000001994675926, true
}

TST Backup Oxygen converter (water + electricity to oxygen):

MODULE
{
converterName = TST Bckup Oxygen
conversionRate = 8.16
inputResources = Water, 0.000002720508341, ElectricCharge, 0.039783051310155
outputResources = Oxygen, 0.001713537562385, false, Waste, 0.000000405893838, true
}

TST Oxygen system:

MODULE
{
converterName = TST Oxygen System
conversionRate = 8.16
inputResources = CarbonDioxide, 0.001703210064733, ElectricCharge, 0.039783051310155
outputResources = Oxygen, 0.001713537562385, false, Waste, 0.000001209166498, true
}

These are pretty easy to create. It'd be easy to implement a TST hydroponic module that converted waste + water into food + wastewater.

Here's the appropriate code for the various Tantares + TAC add ons in case you want to add them to your configs.

To clarify again. I am approaching this from a package managers perspective. I'm not really here to add content that didn't exist before. My configs are there to make sure Tantares is compatible and useable with other mods. In short I will not be adding anything past what it takes to make sure parts work properly and are balanced. I hope you understand.

Anyway, testing continues...

Cheers,

-Foxx